Thread: Kakko or Kovalenko?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Kakko or Kovalenko?

Who would you guys prefer long term? League in sig
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Kakko or Kovalenko?

I think that the uncertainty of Kovalenko might have more value than the apparent failure of Kakko does in a league as far as trade value. The problem with Kakko much of the time is that he's eating up a roster spot, and we've all been waiting. the good news is that he's currently not eating up a roster spot.

Are you contending? Would Kakko be your worst forward currently?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Kakko or Kovalenko?

I've given up on Kakko as a big breakout guy. Everything j read is saying he looks like a very solid, very capable- checking line player with fantastic defensive contributions. I really think what you see is what you get for the next several years. Hes a guy who could absolutely find another gear down the line- it happens- but for right now I thinknhes just leaning into his role as a defensive forward. You have to LOVE his linemates at even strength but I think he's getting that placement based on his complete game and compete. He has not been able to capitalize on it offensively whatsoever and he really looks like the defensive conscience of that line. Any way you spin it- even if he sticks there he looks a lot more like a 55-60 point player than a future star. The thing is it sort of works for them as a team so.Im not sure I see that changing much. Hes barely getting a sniff of powerplay time.

He just looks like a very good complimentary player at this point amd with the team succeeding I'm not sure there's going to be much pressure to change. I think the team is sort of hedging their bets by putting Lafreniere on Panarins line to try and unlock his offensive skillet and thats more than enough "risk" for them to take on this year- lol! The points aren't there for Kakko but by all accounts hes a beauty out there in terms of hustle, physical play, backchecking- hes just not the guy making it happen offensively and from.a team standpoint I think they're very happy with that which for poolies probably doesn't mean a big offensive explosion anytime soon.

I think we'll see several seasons in the 40-55 range. I think he's got the talent to hit for higher than that eventually but I dont think the team.is pushing especially hard for that in the short term. He is still incredibly young though. Many ayers settle into this type of role because its what the team needs only to develop their offensive game more gradually- like say a zibanejad. 22 is a baby- lol- and the reality is that he's actually been very good irl. I think in fantasy of.youve got a deep bench hes still a decent hold but in limited keepers I'm pretty well past waiting for the big scoring explosion...