Thread: Time to drop Binnington ?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Time to drop Binnington ?

I'm in a Roto league where goalie ratios and wins are at a premium

And after Binnington's hot start, he's been putrid over the last month to the point where he hurts me every night.

I'm in a 12 team league ? Is he worth dropping ?

Waiver wire is baron I'm certain someone would grab him

Wish the Blues would fire Berube already ffs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Time to drop Binnington ?

Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNair View Post
    I'm in a Roto league where goalie ratios and wins are at a premium

And after Binnington's hot start, he's been putrid over the last month to the point where he hurts me every night.

I'm in a 12 team league ? Is he worth dropping ?

Waiver wire is baron I'm certain someone would grab him

Wish the Blues would fire Berube already ffs
    You do realize they fired Berube last night, right?

What does the rest of your roster look like? If there's no other options to replace him then I'd just keep him and not start him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Axe is correct. The time to dump him was 2 seasons ago.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You do realize they fired Berube last night, right?

What does the rest of your roster look like? If there's no other options to replace him then I'd just keep him and not start him.
    Oh shit I must have missed it, I was asleep by then !

That's actually pretty good news.

My other goalies are Georgiev, Wolf, and Daccord. I have Markstrom on IR
    Roto

C: MacKinnon, Stutzle

LW: Kreider, Forsberg

RW: Caufield, Reinhart

D: Dahlin, Hedman, Letang, Trouba

Dobber Sports Deity

To be fair, I dont know exactly what numbers you track for your roto league, but if you look at his numbers, they aren't that bad, especially compared to some other high profile goalies.

His GAA is a tad higher than some but let's compare him to Jake Oettinger. Oettinger has 3 more wins, a better GAA but a worse SV% and Binnington has more saves on the season. Would you be complaining if this was Oettinger you were looking at?

Let's compare him to Shesterkin. Shesterkin has two more wins on the season, a very similar GAA and a worse SV% and again, Binnington has more saves than Shesterkin. Would you be consider dropping him at this point?

I think holding Binnington is the smart move. He's had a bit of a rough stretch as of late, but so has Shesterkin. Binnington isn't nearly as bad as many out there seem to perceive.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To be fair, I dont know exactly what numbers you track for your roto league, but if you look at his numbers, they aren't that bad, especially compared to some other high profile goalies.

His GAA is a tad higher than some but let's compare him to Jake Oettinger. Oettinger has 3 more wins, a better GAA but a worse SV% and Binnington has more saves on the season. Would you be complaining if this was Oettinger you were looking at?

Let's compare him to Shesterkin. Shesterkin has two more wins on the season, a very similar GAA and a worse SV% and again, Binnington has more saves than Shesterkin. Would you be consider dropping him at this point?

I think holding Binnington is the smart move. He's had a bit of a rough stretch as of late, but so has Shesterkin. Binnington isn't nearly as bad as many out there seem to perceive.

That's a very good point, didn't think both those elite goalies would be so close. And as of this morning Binnington is ranked not far behind Oettinger and 50+ spots ahead of Shesterkin

On my wire DeSmith is the best option lmao

Dobber Sports Grand Master

To be honest, you should keep him for a bit, since Berube got fired, and the GM is trying to save his job (or should be needing to do that) with a coaching change. You should hope for the new coach bounce. I mean, if Hynes got that bounce a guy who is likely better should get one as well.

It's more the players on the roster than the coaching of said roster, in my opinion.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.