Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Puljujarvi

Hey guys

What do you think of the tryout in Pittsburgh?

Is he worth an add?

I would probably drop Calum Ritchie from my minors and stash him in my minor system to see if he‘ll get s contract in PIT?

Team and league in sig.!
    16-team H2H fantrax dynasty league:20 active spots ( 4 C/LW/RW- 6D-2G)5 bench15minorCategories:G A +/- PPP SHP SOG PIM HIT BLK FOW TOI GV TKGP W GAA SV SV% SHO
    My Team:
    C:Eichel / Couturier / Hertl / Scheifele /Stützle
    LW: Ovechkin / Hyman/ E.Kane /Jeannot/ DeBrincat/Nichushkin
    RW: Meier/ Seguin/ Bjorkstrand/P.Kane/Necas/Batherson
    D: Nurse / Seider /Sergachev/Dahlin/Cernak/Guhle/Jiricek
    G: Vasilevsky / Sorokin / Samsonov
    Minors:Kasper /Räty/Pospisil/E.Sale/C.Ritchie/Yager/Sandin Pelikka/Ty Nelson/Gulyayev/Yurov/Simashev / Tarasov (G) /Clang (G)/ Gajan(G)

The Great One

Default Re: Puljujarvi

No he isn’t.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nope.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He could be worth an add- I'm not sure I want to drop a farm guy and especially if that guys pretty solid like Ritchie. I'm not sure you have the bench space for the speculative play like this.

For anyone else reading these resounding nos- he actually does have value as a speculative add. If you're taking fliers on guys like Beauviller, Kurashev, even Carcone- then Poolparty has speculative value. I can't promise he'll produce but he's got enough talent that he's worth checking out if you have the room or watch listing if you don't...

The Great One

Emu has always been a Puljujarvi tire pumper. I believe one of his many banned screen name accounts had his name in it! Stay on message.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sophomore

How many times does this guy warrant a chance? I think he reached the end of the rope.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think he could have been a very good player if the Oilers didn't ruin him, and he didn't need double hip surgery.

In fantasy, he's no where need a speculative add. He's not even on a 'watch list'. He's on a 'if he gets a hat trick, and ends up with 6pts in 3 games, then I'll add him" list.

There's no reason to invest time into watching him, or rostering him until he shows you have to.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lol- i LOVE this! This kind of thinking got me Evander Kane for a song when someone armchair GMs decided he was done- netted me Bertuzzi when a GM voiced his opinion that he didn't deserve to play in the NHL without a covid vaccine. You keep writing off talented for emotional reasons- and I'll be the guy cashing in on them :P

Back on point- he failed spectacularly in Edmonton- we all know that- but honestly that happens sometimes. Whether it was the pressure or the fit- most ayers with his pedigree get another shot on another team- he didnt- well not really anyways. He got a very limited look on Carolina and now news has surfaced that he was trying to make a go at things with a significant injury aka hanging on for dear life.

This is a guy with an absolute TON of potential. Now I know the fact that he's burned people will drive interest down- and thats fine- but this is the EXACT situation I love to find in fantasy hockey. This guy has made every line hes ayed woith markedly better, he was a PDO darling- even when the production didn't follow suit. He tore up the Men's league in Finland as a 19 year old, he was by far the best player on a WJC line woth Laine and Aho- there IS potential here and it is absolutely legit! If he can improve Malkins line or Crosby line he'll play and if he plays hes worth a speculative add- a term that is really defined by someone's format a heck of a lot more than anything else if we're being honest- and as far as speculative adds go- hes a fantastic one! Dude is what 25?? Playing with two.of the best vets in the game?? Sure he could waffle completely but itd be just as unsurprising if he was a 65 point ayer right out of the gate! Im not promising he'll hit but if all.ot costs you is a bench spot or a waiver add- id look at getting that done.

I actually drafted Puljujarvi- he burned me good- lol! But I promise you there is no universe I'm passing on an opportunity like this because someone thinks he sucks lol! These ARE the opportunities in fantasy where you stand to make the most gains. If he misses he misses- so what? You catch some trash talk from a poster like the one above- woodsy doo- lol! If he hits you have a 70 point player with upside... for free! Just like Evander, just like Bertuzzi. I LOVE this narrative though- I'm glad there's people out there shaming a Jesse add... so hes available for GMs like me who could care less about that kind of rhetoric :P

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Also if he quietly gets 7 points in 10 games I reckon you'll.add him- just saying...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbs View Post
    How many times does this guy warrant a chance? I think he reached the end of the rope.
    If an NHL GM is giving him a chance- then he warrants a look in fantasy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Emu has always been a Puljujarvi tire pumper. I believe one of his many banned screen name accounts had his name in it! Stay on message.

@Tweetdriver- I just find you so awkward. Like does anybody care that a poster that used to come around was a puljujarvi supporter? Does anyone really give a crap that you care what he thought? I mean it was tempting to say disagree but you don't provide any reasoning to the actual topic. If you scroll through your posts you RARELY do. Youre lucky to say 2 or 3 sentences about fantasy hockey tbh- lately people are asking a about prospects and AHL stats and you're advising them to just buy the guide or just watch the stats. I think you even said the people around here were "yahoos" who wouldn't provide a good answer anyways- this is a place literally designed to talk about fantasy hockey and thats the one thing g you don't seem to like talking about- lol! You have waaaaay more to say when its a personal attacks. Its clearly stated in the forum guidelines that attacking an idea is sort of acceptable while attacking a poster is NOT- yet you continue to drag every post i comment on into the muck with personal attacks.

So I cared the first time- it caught me off guard. The second time sure it bugged me too- its sort.of jarring to be attacked at random online but the truth is- now I dont even care lol! And I can guarantee if im involved and i.dont give a cral- the random people reading this thread to find out about Puljujarvi certainly don't give a damn... its just awkward. And its boring lol! Its not clever trash talk- there's no big plot twist about the player or issue at hand. Its just "you sound like this old poster and hes dumb- so youre either him or youre dumb too"- over and over again... Is the clout or attention really worth bringing down the bar set by what is otherwise a classy and respectable forum for hockey enthusiasts??

I haven't responded to like ten of these and you just. Keep. Going- lol!!I can tell you have no interest in a legitimate discourse and I am totally fine with that- but can you just stop hate bombing every thread i chime in on when I'm trying to? We get it you don't like the emu guy- but seriously bud...

Not for my sake, not for some old posters sake, not even for your sake- for the sake of all the people coming here who want to talk about fantasy hockey can you just stop dragging the conversation into the mud??? Im involved and im bored by it- lol! Its not even shocking anymore- its just awkward.

For the sake of the newbie coming around for the first time to chat about a guy hes not sure if he should pick up or not.. can you drop the shtick already? I mean maybe this started somewhere productive but I can't imagine this shot helps the sore runner or anybody involved at this point...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

No. God no.
    H2H CONTRACT
    C - Larkin 1, MacKinnon 1, Hischier 2
    W- Pastranak 1, Kreider1, Benn 1, Schmaltz 1,Teravinen 2, Skinner1, T. Moore [color=red]2[/color
    D - Toews 2, DeAngelo 3, Faulk 2, Morrissey 1Spence 4, Marino 1, Mike Reilly 1
    G- Hill 1Jarry 3Vanecek 4
    MINORS- Slafkovsky, Wallstedt, Gauthier, O. Moore

SKATER +-/G/A/SOG/blocks
    GOALIE GAA/W/S

Playing roster: 2C,3W,1F,4D,1G

* length of contract

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Puljujarvi is worth watching in case he gets on a roster, especially in a cap league. If it's not a cap league, and rosters are tight, I'm less inclined to want him.

The solution to hate bombing is to put the poster on ignore, and view replies as needed.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Puljujarvi is worth watching in case he gets on a roster, especially in a cap league. If it's not a cap league, and rosters are tight, I'm less inclined to want him.

The solution to hate bombing is to put the poster on ignore, and view replies as needed.
    Yep mb- sorry. I had ignored plenty of these posts- this has been going on for months- but yerp fair enough...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by CaveatEmptorer View Post
    @Tweetdriver- I just find you so awkward. Like does anybody care that a poster that used to come around was a puljujarvi supporter? Does anyone really give a crap that you care what he thought? I mean it was tempting to say disagree but you don't provide any reasoning to the actual topic. If you scroll through your posts you RARELY do. Youre lucky to say 2 or 3 sentences about fantasy hockey tbh- lately people are asking a about prospects and AHL stats and you're advising them to just buy the guide or just watch the stats. I think you even said the people around here were "yahoos" who wouldn't provide a good answer anyways- this is a place literally designed to talk about fantasy hockey and thats the one thing g you don't seem to like talking about- lol! You have waaaaay more to say when its a personal attacks. Its clearly stated in the forum guidelines that attacking an idea is sort of acceptable while attacking a poster is NOT- yet you continue to drag every post i comment on into the muck with personal attacks.

So I cared the first time- it caught me off guard. The second time sure it bugged me too- its sort.of jarring to be attacked at random online but the truth is- now I dont even care lol! And I can guarantee if im involved and i.dont give a cral- the random people reading this thread to find out about Puljujarvi certainly don't give a damn... its just awkward. And its boring lol! Its not clever trash talk- there's no big plot twist about the player or issue at hand. Its just "you sound like this old poster and hes dumb- so youre either him or youre dumb too"- over and over again... Is the clout or attention really worth bringing down the bar set by what is otherwise a classy and respectable forum for hockey enthusiasts??

I haven't responded to like ten of these and you just. Keep. Going- lol!!I can tell you have no interest in a legitimate discourse and I am totally fine with that- but can you just stop hate bombing every thread i chime in on when I'm trying to? We get it you don't like the emu guy- but seriously bud...

Not for my sake, not for some old posters sake, not even for your sake- for the sake of all the people coming here who want to talk about fantasy hockey can you just stop dragging the conversation into the mud??? Im involved and im bored by it- lol! Its not even shocking anymore- its just awkward.

For the sake of the newbie coming around for the first time to chat about a guy hes not sure if he should pick up or not.. can you drop the shtick already? I mean maybe this started somewhere productive but I can't imagine this shot helps the sore runner or anybody involved at this point...

100% Emu - No doubt about it