Thread: AHL Prospects

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default AHL Prospects

I remember back in the day picking up Kucherov, Pastrnak, Marchessault and a few other from the AHL and poolies would look sideway wondering who they were...Does anybody on this forum have some vision on who the next Kucherov/Pastrnaks are currently in AHL

This is what wins Dynasty leagues

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: AHL Prospects

I would also like to know the answer to this.

The Great One

Just monitor AHL scoring. There are also now AHL stats on this very website. And also the annual prospect guide here at Dobber is very useful.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There's so much more information out there now that it's much harder.

I'd look at guys who are scoring well in the AHL, particularly if they aren't affiliated with a NHL team. That should shoten the list a lot, I'd think. Chicago isn't affiliated with a NHL team any more, so that's a place to look.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The next Kucherov of Pastrnak is a high bar. But two guys in the AHL you might best fit what you are looking for are Stankoven (DAL) and Kulich (BUF). Their teammates Bourque (DAL) and Rosen (BUF), as well as Clarke on D (LA), Coronato (CGY), Gushchin (SJ), Chibrikov (WPG), Guenther (ARI), Othmann (NYR) and Roy (MTL) are players to keep an eye on. Wright (SEA) is in the AHL as well.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    The next Kucherov of Pastrnak is a high bar. But two guys in the AHL you might best fit what you are looking for are Stankoven (DAL) and Kulich (BUF). Their teammates Bourque (DAL) and Rosen (BUF), as well as Clarke on D (LA), Coronato (CGY), Gushchin (SJ), Chibrikov (WPG), Guenther (ARI), Othmann (NYR) and Roy (MTL) are players to keep an eye on. Wright (SEA) is in the AHL as well.
    Good list!

I'm a Stankoven fan myself and its been great to see him thrive! But the guy doing the most for his scoring capital might be Bouquet. Hes always been a fantasy consideration but he's doing something really special in the A this year! I think two things with him- the first is that sometimes a prospect looks merely very good for a lotmof years and then takes a step into sort of "great" territory but we often miss it in fantasy cause we don't always pay the same attention to minor league progression as we do to NHL progression. I think.finding those guys hitting that "next level" during their development is so important amd I think Bouquet is probably doing that right now. The second thing is that you have to love that these two are on the same team- haha! Thats some ridiculous chemistry they're forming already and if they find themselves on a line together- even L2- you could see some.firewprks.roght out of the gate!!

Kulich has had a similar trajectory but that probably happened for.him last year and the fantasy world has.moatly taken notice. If you haven't you're missing out- lol!

Clarke a great talking point as well- we get antsy with some of these guys and we see guys like Durzi and Spence thriving in LA while he isn't yet- but the reality is he's taken his own step into nuts bananas territory with 24 points in 22 games this year!! Hes technically a sophomore but he only played all.of 5 games im the A last year- lol! If you're in multi cat leagues where sogs have a lot of value- dont stop the hype train het cause this kid has 70 in 22- good for about 3.5/game as a dman!!

Othmann has always had a decent amount of hype I think but you love to see a seamless transition like his- ppg, half his production is goals and hes hitting 4 shots per game. Kids a monster who just keeps trucking.

The other guys mentioned are great players but I thought its also.worth mentioning Denisenko. I know he had Uber hype awhile back but a lot.of that has evaporated by now. Hes showing very well in the A. If he can figure out the defensive side of the game hes showing that he's still one of the better scoring threats out there. His stats may not be gaudy like some of these other guys but he's 12th in league scoring and thats what you want to see from your longer shot players- making an impact...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't know if I see a kucherov/pastrnak type but I guess the reality is that Kucherov and Pastrnak were never supposed to be this good lol! I think Stankoven, Kulich, and Clarke are your best guesses. Stank is obviously smaller so the better player comparable may be Gaudreau BUT hes a tank out there- maybe Caufield? Caufields tough cause he's a threat for 50 goals and I dont think thats Stankoven. I think Kulich could compare favorably to Mika Zibanejad- they're both centers who LOVe scoring goals lol! I dont think Clarke is in that "Makar" tier of Dmen but he looks like a safe bet to be the next tier down with the Foxes, Heoiskanens, etc...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post

This is a great post (REP).
    Most of the key forwards are here - and I think the dynamic guys, in order are: 1. Stankoven (great creativity), 2. Kulich (insane shot), 3. Othmann (well-rounded Hyman-esque game), 4. Guenther (will fit well in ARI top 6 soon enough)... Clarke is the top D... by far.

In net, I've become a huge fan of the big-framed Dennis Hildeby for Toronto.
    But Yaroslav Askarov (NAS) is the next high-goalie of the NHL... though he might have to wait out Saros (UFA 2025 date) - and even then, NAS might re-sign Saros.