Thread: Waiver Adds (Pick 2)- Futility Edition

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Waiver Adds (Pick 2)- Futility Edition

So I've got a couple dmen on my roster that I'm considering dropping for players who could be emerging this season. Scoring D are hard to find which makes this sort of a tough call. I'm well out of the playoff race so I'm looking for guys who can develop into assets to trade at the deadline but admittedly thats a hard grind in my league. Last year I picked up Eberle early for that reason and despite everything going right there was ZERO interest in him lol! So a bigger priority might be lookimg at younger guys who can score at a 55ish point pace or so that will be interesting players going into next years draft- either as holds in a year I have a better shot at competing or even to restock my depleted draft pick cupboards lol!

So D are at a premium, shots count for a lot, and if its a forward C eligibility or a chance at C eligibility in the future does have value!

My guys:

Severson- Has the past production, skill and deployment to net a 40 point pace i think which has value as a depth add. If I DO drop him ill also catch crap because I shopped the hell out of him lol! I can keep 2 names out of the following 5 and although I have to fade a "steal" round im probably not losing one of these names- haha!

Zamula- Probably a better "farm" player but I had the opportunity to add him to my pro roster off waivers so.i did that. Ironically he's scoring enough that if I drop him he'd be at the top of the waiver heap!

The Waiver Guys

Sharangovich- the point totals are starting to trickle in but this is more about his deployment. He went from 12 minutes a night or so up to 18 or so with 3 or 4 on the pp. I think he has proved his value to the coach and well see numbers more in line with so.e of those dark horse projections people were making at the start of the year!

Kurashev- the ramblings saying he has a shot at 60 this year got my attention! I also have Beauviller and I really think rebuilding teams should be finding ways to invest in the Bedard sweepstakes- lol! If ANY of these guys including Raddysh, Donato- establish legit chemistry with him I think you've got legit value from pretty much out of nowhere- lol! You can end up with the "Hyman" effect on steroids- lol! Now which one is it...

Carcone- is the odd duck here but you have to love that Verhaege comp from the ramblings the other day! I think its clear from my other comments but I put a lot of stock in deployment and in this case its really intriguing what hes been able to do with just about the bare minimum.in that department! Hes a shot hound to and when you start extrapolating what he could do with more icetime and the ensuing improvement in rate stats- things get really interesting!

Other notable candidates:
    I'm sort of set on my two potential droppers but I have a lot of speculative assets at this point so id be willing to at least listen to arguments for dropping someone different. In no particular order they are Vrana, Granlund, Burakovsky, Zetterlund, Beauviller, Valimaki, Lundqist, Mikkola, and Cal Petersen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Waiver Adds (Pick 2)- Futility Edition

"Vrana, Granlund, Burakovsky, Zetterlund, Beauviller, Valimaki, Lundqist, Mikkola, and Cal Petersen "

If this is the list of guys you can drop, Petersen is a drop. Barring him ending up on another NHL team soon, he's not going to be worth much this year.

I'd expect that Granlund is so hot, that you could likely deal him now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.