Thread: Dostal, Schmid, or Ersson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dostal, Schmid, or Ersson

Dynasty league, cats: W / GAA / SV / SV%

All three are young and have shown flashes as backups, but are all unreliable plays at the moment.

Who do you like more for the rest of the season? Who do you like more for the long term dynasty play?

Do you think Dostal can overtake Gibson, and will the Ducks live up to their offseason hype?

Will Schmid overtake Vanecek, and will the Devils D get their shit together?

Will Ersson overtake Hart, and will the flyers continue to put out decent games?
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Dostal, Schmid, or Ersson

New Jersey is built to be a no-defense fire wagon. Unless they get a Luongo in Florida type, the percentage categories for NJ goalies are going to be crap. They're never going to buckle down and play a defensive style. I don't think Ersson has the organizational backing to be the anointed goalie of the future.

That leaves Dostal as the winner, whose path is blocked at the moment, but everything points to Gibson eventually leaving.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I also think eventually Dostal is the future for Anaheim. Unless Hart is traded, Ersson will be a #2. Vanacek is not the answer in New Jersey, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Schmid will fair any better. As senryu said NJ is built as a no Defense system. It leaves the goalies out to dry.

I would lean towards Dostal for the future unless you hear serious rumors that Hart is being traded out of Philly.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dostal
    Schmid
    Ersson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the thoughts, dropped Schmid for Dostal. Let's hope he gets back to early season form
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I also like Dostal long-term. He's the future there in Anaheim and I think/hope Gibson will be moved eventually!
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Initiate

you made the right move imo
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I see it:

1. Dostal is the future in Anaheim. Gibson hasn't been good in years, and he needs to be moved, but I suspect they've been asking for too much. He's the guy I want here.

2. Schmid is talented, but NJ has uncertainty in net between him & Vanecek, and if it doesn't improve they may need to get a rental or fix the D or both. I like him second most.

3. I don't think Ersson can outplay Hart. Ersson could be the guy if Hart moves on. Also, Hart is one year older, he's just been int he league so long you think he's older than 25.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I see it:

1. Dostal is the future in Anaheim. Gibson hasn't been good in years, and he needs to be moved, but I suspect they've been asking for too much. He's the guy I want here.

2. Schmid is talented, but NJ has uncertainty in net between him & Vanecek, and if it doesn't improve they may need to get a rental or fix the D or both. I like him second most.

3. I don't think Ersson can outplay Hart. Ersson could be the guy if Hart moves on. Also, Hart is one year older, he's just been int he league so long you think he's older than 25.
    I agree with this except for part 3. I DO think Ersson can outplay Hart and I think Philly eventually moves Hart out to allow for Ersson to take over. I dont have any proof of this, but I wont be surprised if it doesn't end up happening. Philly has a lot of good young goalies in their system but Ersson is the closest and the best of the bunch today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree with this except for part 3. I DO think Ersson can outplay Hart and I think Philly eventually moves Hart out to allow for Ersson to take over. I dont have any proof of this, but I wont be surprised if it doesn't end up happening. Philly has a lot of good young goalies in their system but Ersson is the closest and the best of the bunch today.
    We'll see if Hart gets dealt. If he gets dealt at the deadline, we'll know that Ersson is the guy with the first shot. I think that they should be able to get a great return for Hart, if a team gets to see if he'll extend with them. Personally, I wouldn't deal him, because goaltending is hard to find, and trebly so if you're the Flyers.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Toronto might be burning up the phone lines for a goalie about now…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch