Thread: Merry Crease Mess . Yule help ?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Merry Crease Mess . Yule help ?

H2H, 10 team, Most cats=1 win
    W, SV%, GAA, SHO. Start 3. 4 weekly min. starts. Daily starts

In my crease: Vasilevskiy, Skinner, Elvis, Kochetkov

Skinner has recently turned it around. Elvis has been reliable.
    Kochetkov has been fine. Vasilevskiy will need time to get going.

Available on waivers: Markstrom, Schmid, Vejmelka, MAF, Montembeault,
    Gibson/Dostal.

OGM#1 has Gustavsson & might want Kochetkov to go with Raanta.
    OGM#2 has Ullmark, Demko, Hill, Hart, (Shesterkin having just traded Dahlin). He won’t move Demko.

Question: anyone on waivers worth picking up ? Markstrom ?
    Contact OGM#1 re: Kochetkov for Gustavsson ? Or look to add Raanta to have Carolina crease ?
    Contact OGM#2 re: which goalie and be prepared to offer ?

Thoughts appreciated / Merry Christmas
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Merry Crease Mess . Yule help ?

You would think adding Markstrom and dropping Kochetkov would be the simple thing to do. In Markstrom you are getting a veteran presence who is going to get the volume in Calgary and put up okay stats without a lot of victories. Kochetkov could be the guy to take over, but you never know and most likely it is a split with Raanta. The good thing about Kochetkov is the team he plays for is pretty good.

Or you could take a chance on Schmid and hope he takes over the net in NJ. The safest bet though would be adding Markstrom if you do anything at all.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

Dobber Sports Monster

I would agree that adding Markstrom might be a smart move. He's not great and neither is his team, but he provides bulk and in a min 4 starts league I value that. Unless the Flames change course with what they're doing in net and decide to give Wolf a long look, Markstrom appears poised to play a ton down the stretch.

Tough call between Kochetkov. I agree with Shelbs in that Kochetkov is unpredictable ROS. One day Freddy might just show up again. Raanta is going to get another shot at some point. And they have been looking at UFAs like Halak. I just dont know - could be a homerun, could be a pop fly. I don't think Carolina really wanted Kochetkov in the NHL this season - not that they think he can't handle it.

Merzlikins - pretty bad team that seems to be sort of finding its way, and Merzlikins has looked like a starting goalie again behind an NHL defense.

I think I drop Kochetkov for Markstrom, but it's a tough call as Merzlikins could go back to being a pumpkin at any point.

Also, TOP notch puns in the title.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Starts are daily or weekly?

GM 1. Raanta would likely lock up the Carolina crease for the season, as Anderson has a career-threatening situation. However, unlike many career-threatening situations, this one can clear up somewhat suddenly, depending on how bad and complicated it is. I'm not pretending to know how bad his case is, just that my experience with people with clotting issues runs the gamut from an issue for rest of life to surgery cleared up the issues in a month or two.

My play there would be to try to deal Elvis or maybe Skinner.

GM 2. It's complicated. Do you want volume? Then you want Hart. Do you want a reliably good team with a shared crease? Then it's Ullmark or Hill, but Hill I think is hurt.
    Unsure what you want.

Waivers options depend on daily/weekly starts.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Starts are daily or weekly?

GM 1. Raanta would likely lock up the Carolina crease for the season, as Anderson has a career-threatening situation. However, unlike many career-threatening situations, this one can clear up somewhat suddenly, depending on how bad and complicated it is. I'm not pretending to know how bad his case is, just that my experience with people with clotting issues runs the gamut from an issue for rest of life to surgery cleared up the issues in a month or two.

My play there would be to try to deal Elvis or maybe Skinner.

GM 2. It's complicated. Do you want volume? Then you want Hart. Do you want a reliably good team with a shared crease? Then it's Ullmark or Hill, but Hill I think is hurt.
    Unsure what you want.

Waivers options depend on daily/weekly starts.
    Daily starts. Tough to stream because we can’t pick up a player on game day. If starting goalie is named the day prior to game day, then it’s doable.

My goal until Vasilevskiy returned was to make my 4 weekly starts and not get blown out where I’m conceding all 4 goalie categories. Unfortunately our categories are not volume based. I think 3 workhorses would be best. Then I can set & forget and use that 4th space for skater cats instead of a 4th goalie.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wins & Shutouts are sort of volume based, but not really. Since you can't reliably stream a goalie, except for back to backs, when you expect to get 1 of 2 starts, then you want starters.

If you want only 3 goalies, you've got a dilemma. Of the options, Hart & Markstrom give you starters and Raanta gives you a crease combo. Everyone else is in a tandem or untouchable; I'm guessing Demko might be had for Vas, though maybe not.

If you are okay running 4 G:
    I deal Skinner or Elvis (whichever you have less faith in) for Raanta if that's on the table.

If you need to run 3 G:
    Skinner & Kochetkov need to go. Both should have trade value, so try for Hart & a starter (not Gus, he's a tandem right now) from GM1 for Kochetkov.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Nice headline!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Yeah - I love it. I'm just here to hand out some rep for that!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've been on the Gustavsson train as I believe the Wild will turn the season around. It might even be too late to get him cheap after two great outings. If you can get him cheap, I'd do that. In your league, I'd be good with trading Kochetkov for Gus. Definitely try to sell him how good of a team Carolina is. Failing that, it's more of a crap shoot. I want to think Markstrom and the Flames can also turn it around, but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on that.

Loved the title of this thread! +1
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket