Thread: What to do about Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default What to do about Gibson

Not team in signature, but options are so thin (currently have VV, Ullmark and 6k … so ya, FML).

Should I drop Gibson to stream: Lindgren, Monty, Lyon or stack NJ with Schmid?

Hate holding 4 goalies in a start 2, but no one is carrying the load for me.

It’s a H2H category league, scoring:

Wins (W)
    Goals Against Average (GAA)
    Save Percentage (SV%)
    Shutouts (SHO)
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: What to do about Gibson

I would probably drop Gibson and stream goalies week to week, especially without saves as a category.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Monster

Out of those options I'd probably pick Schmid, but I also think there's a benefit to having the Ducks goalie due to their off night schedule. Schmid or keep Gibson are my two top picks.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I am a Ducks fan and yes they are in the midst of a big losing streak. You have to take into consideration that Zegras is Out as well as Drysdale.This losing streak is not going to continue. The beginning of the season the Ducks were doing quite well.

With Gibson as well you have to take into consideration with Dostal. It was not long ago many were calling for him to take over the starter role and he is the future starter for the Ducks.

So if you want to stick it out with Gibson and the Ducks there should definitely be better days ahead. If you want to pick up Schmid to go along with Vanecek there is nothing wrong with that move as well because the Devils are a good team and those two Goalies should put up decent stats.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Out of those options I'd probably pick Schmid, but I also think there's a benefit to having the Ducks goalie due to their off night schedule. Schmid or keep Gibson are my two top picks.
    This is sound advice. I 2nd this.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Throw a wrench into this then … keep Gibson, and then drop 6K for Schmid?

Am I rattled about the wrong goalie perhaps

Dobber Sports Monster

That would make sense too. 6K still isn't really trustworthy as a #1 and Buffalo arent great at protecting their goalies. Schmid could end up getting a run in the NJ net with VV struggling. I would lock in the NJ starts and ditch anything Buffalo because just when it seems that net is starting to clear up it gets muddy again.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd drop Gibson and stream, but I wouldn't have rostered him in the first place. He's been barely replacement level the last 4 years. Admittedly he's been better this year, but it's still shaky.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

Gibson has better numbers this year but no saves really hurts the case for him. In saves leagues having him on off nights as a late week diceroll is valuable. Still might be valuable as a W or SO dart throw.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Gouda Fan View Post
    I am a Ducks fan and yes they are in the midst of a big losing streak. You have to take into consideration that Zegras is Out as well as Drysdale.This losing streak is not going to continue. The beginning of the season the Ducks were doing quite well.

With Gibson as well you have to take into consideration with Dostal. It was not long ago many were calling for him to take over the starter role and he is the future starter for the Ducks.

So if you want to stick it out with Gibson and the Ducks there should definitely be better days ahead. If you want to pick up Schmid to go along with Vanecek there is nothing wrong with that move as well because the Devils are a good team and those two Goalies should put up decent stats.
    I don't think you can consider Zegras or Drysdale regarding this cold streak.
    Zegras was ice cold when they were hot. And Drysdale has only played 10 NHL games in two seasons.

It's more that they're current D has three rookies on it. An inexperienced Vaakanainen & Gudas & Lybushkin who have limited defensive abilities.
    The D can't contend with top teams.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    yeah the off night element to owning Gibson is a good thing again , depending on league settings naturally

Dobber Sports Initiate

Appreciate all the replies … and agreed on the off night, as I had “hoped” having Ullmark and VV would put me in a good spot, and grabbed Gibson for the schedule, obviously all those hopes haven’t fully panned out.

I’ve dropped Gibson, but yet to pick up Schmid … someone else nabbed him as a streamer vs SJ and that didn’t go well for them

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie35 View Post
    Appreciate all the replies … and agreed on the off night, as I had “hoped” having Ullmark and VV would put me in a good spot, and grabbed Gibson for the schedule, obviously all those hopes haven’t fully panned out.

I’ve dropped Gibson, but yet to pick up Schmid … someone else nabbed him as a streamer vs SJ and that didn’t go well for them
    you dropped your pants too (avatar pic)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Gibson is a serviceable goalie who is not going to be very flashy with the numbers he puts up, especially with all the young defense in front of him. The good thing about the Ducks though is when they are clicking the offense can provide some goals which can provide some Wins for Gibson. Gibson is also right now the solid #1 for Anaheim.

As for going 6K for Schmid, why not. He could become the #1 goalie for the Devils and that team is good so that s the best option there.