Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WJC discussion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default American WJC Team Discussion

Nice to tag the WJC preliminary rosters in the ramblings- actually it was a fantastic ramblings in general- I personally love when the writers take a look at some of the dark horses outside if just when they're on a hot streaks!

... back on point:

That American WJC squad looks terrifying! Gauthier, Leonard, Snuggerud, Moore, Smith (!), Nazar- possibly McCrgroarty if healthy- its a murderers row up front! Whats worse is they can beat you with skill OR body you to boot! Hutson amd maybe the most underrated offensive D in fantasy in Casey means they'll have no issue keeping those forwards in he business of scoring and cycling. If you were looking for a weak spot in net- think again' Augustine and Fowler is just ridiculous!! The fact that they left off super rookie Eiserman (i know he's divisive among scouts but thats a lot of goal scoring punch to leave off), Musty and the Canucks kid everyone seems to be freaking out about is sort of nuts! Maybe I'm just a little more stoked on guys like Leonard and Gauthier then others but this looks.borderline unfair- lmao! I count three FULL lines that could be the topline on any other squad. I think I've already made my point but im sure there is still more hype on this roster: Whitelaw sort of one dimensional but that dimension is off the charts, Chesley/Rinzela more than capable of spying a steafy shutdown element from.what I've read and im not even the most well informed about Zeev Buium but if he's a 17 yo grinding out a spot there's got to be something there...

Canada is going to be in tough this year. A lot of that may have to do.with the fact that so many of their top guys won't be available in Bedard, fantilli, Wright, korchinski, benson- the list keeps.goimg- its actually a lot- lol! Its also noteworthy that a few poolie "hipster" picks in Cristall, Heidi and Nadeau. Start ringing the bust alarms There IS a lot of talent here still and looks to be Cellebrinis coming out party for the world. Guys like Danielson amd Cowan represent skill that is also defensively sound and very difficult to play against. Savoie is a beast and Yager been better this year (he should be though). Firkus, Wood and Dumas could all surprise the hockey world at large. D looks well-rounded but not especially heavy on scoring. That being said im not a mateychuk fan as an eventual NHL commodity but his bag of tricks should suffice just fine at this level. Molendyk also adding a scoring touch to that speed fame early on this year so.its not a lost cause. Bonk has some two way flavor too. I know Ratcliff has his fans in the scouting community but we'll see how that goes.

Anyways its a fun mix this year- thanks for the rambling bringing it up!!

Jokes aside I know these are prelims and a lot can change- i also know team chemistry will also be very telling but on paper Ifeel like the Vegas odds makers are going to be hard pressed not to make the US squad the favorite this year!

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: American WJC Team Discussion

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: WJC less than a month away

Slovakia may be a sexy underdog pick this year.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Stud

Joakim Kemell left off Finland's preliminary roster. Nashville might not be allowing him in the tournament.

https://nashvillehockeynow.com/2023/...world-juniors/

Finland stil trying to get him released from his AHL team to play in the tournament.
    This would be a HUGE blow to Finland. With Kemell, their team is a 3rd-4th place team with the chance to upset someone in the semis and reach the finals. Without him, there's a really big hole at the top.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Titan

Team Canada announced it roster:
    https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/can...iors-1.2048597

Forwards (12):
    Owen Beck, Nate Danielson, Fraser Minten, Macklin Celebrini, Matthew Wood, Carson Rehkopf, Owen Allard, Jordan Dumais, Matthew Savoie, Easton Cowan, Conor Geekie, Brayden Yager

Defense (7):
    Tristan Luneau, Jake Furlong, Noah Warren, Oliver Bonk, Tanner Molendyk, Maveric Lamoureux, Denton Matechuk

Goalies (3):
    Scott Ratzlaff, Mathis Rousseau, Samuel St-Hilaire

They have 22/23 roster spots. Maybe they're hoping for an NHL player to be released last minute. But they fly out to Sweden today I think. But some CHL player will pay for his own ticket to fly out last minute to be the 13th forward.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Three of the four Mooseheads who were invited to camp made the team. I wont be surprised if Rousseau isn't their starting goalie for game one but we'll see. Really surprised to see Furlong made it but happy for him. He's a solid Dman.

I was at the Moose game last week vs Drummondville and Lamoureux is a beast. I think he's something like 6'7". Huge!!

I dont expect Celebrini to play a big role with this team but time will tell.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Owen Allard seems like a random pick. Anyone know what he brings to the table? Must be something specific to select him over a handful of more noteworthy skill guys.

Dobber Sports Titan

Owen Allard is a 200ft game player that has speed and is physical apparently. He's likely the 4th line, PK guy needed. But at 19yrs old 6'2" 200lbs, the goal might be he can out muscle guys.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Team Canada is getting Matt Poitras.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Team Canada is getting Matt Poitras.
    Huge news for Canada!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

I think an underated factor this year is the tournament is in Sweden. On paper, the US are huge favorites and Sweden are a distant second, but if they meet up in the finals, maybe home ice leads to an upset. The European teams have a tendency to do better on home ice.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

Bruins loaning Poitras to Team Canada. That's a nice little add for them going into the tourney. I am surprised that Buffalo hasn't loaned Benson, especially if Quinn is as close to returning as it appears.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Who are everyone's favorite fantasy stock risers for WJC? I'm watching a few guys. To start with Canada and USA...

Carson Rehkopf
    Fraser Minten
    Maverick Lamoureux
    Gavin Brindley
    Seamus Casey

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Who are everyone's favorite fantasy stock risers for WJC? I'm watching a few guys. To start with Canada and USA...

Carson Rehkopf
    Fraser Minten
    Maverick Lamoureux
    Gavin Brindley
    Seamus Casey
    I dont want to share names because I need people to avoid them in the pool LOL!

Administrator

If you want trade bait, for me it's about goalies, because these kids have the chance to flash big in a small sample but are still 3-7 years away from hitting so almost no chance of immediate remorse if you sell.

Adam Gajan - Slovakia
    Trey Augustine - USA
    Niklas Kokko - Finland
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg