Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forsberg/Reinhart/Aho or Kempe/M Tkachuk/Hischier

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Forsberg/Reinhart/Aho or Kempe/M Tkachuk/Hischier

Hello,

I had the luxury of drafting Forsberg and Reinhart late this year, both one of the reasons I am in first

I have been offered the chance to cash in some of their early-season success:

My Forsberg/Reinhart/Aho For Kempe/M Tkachuk/Hischier

Offensive categories are G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, and +/-

Worth accepting ?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Forsberg/Reinhart/Aho or Kempe/M Tkachuk/Hischier

I would accept that trade, I think Forsberg and Reinhart both slow a bit and Forsberg has missed significant time every season since 2016, Aho seems a little off from previous years.
    Kempe is a solid player and seems underrated, I think Tkachuk and Hischier do a lot better the rest of the season than they have.

Dobber Sports Superstar

if this was keeper absolutely but being redraft I'm not about fixing what isn't broken if in first so I would pass. If you accept I get it though. Filip is playing out of his mind, hard to move.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd do it.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    I would accept that trade, I think Forsberg and Reinhart both slow a bit and Forsberg has missed significant time every season since 2016, Aho seems a little off from previous years.
    Kempe is a solid player and seems underrated, I think Tkachuk and Hischier do a lot better the rest of the season than they have.
    It's true Forsberg has been known to miss some games but the same can be said for Hischier and Forsberg scores at a better rate when he's playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    if this was keeper absolutely but being redraft I'm not about fixing what isn't broken if in first so I would pass. If you accept I get it though. Filip is playing out of his mind, hard to move.
    I agree with this. Right now you'd be selling low with this deal and in a one year league all that matters is what you currently have, which happens to be better right now than what you're being offered. I would keep what you have but I would be interested in seeing the rest of the roster, you might be able to make something work that's better for you.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I know right? Forsberg is ranked in the top 10 atm under my league settings. I just am always looking to cash-in the guys I draft late for the premium players, but perhaps I just stay the course in this case

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts exactly !

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    It's true Forsberg has been known to miss some games but the same can be said for Hischier and Forsberg scores at a better rate when he's playing.

I agree with this. Right now you'd be selling low with this deal and in a one year league all that matters is what you currently have, which happens to be better right now than what you're being offered. I would keep what you have but I would be interested in seeing the rest of the roster, you might be able to make something work that's better for you.
    So the rest of my roster is as follows:

MacKinnon
    Stutzle
    Forsberg
    Kreider
    Reinhart
    Meier
    Dahlin
    Hedman
    Letang
    Trouba
    Bench: Vatrano/Aho

Dobber Sports Ace

[QUOTE=random-d;2266587]It's true Forsberg has been known to miss some games but the same can be said for Hischier and Forsberg scores at a better rate when he's playing.

Hischier scored at a better rate last year so your statement should say " forsberg is currently scoring at a better rate". If Tkachuk and Hischier didn't start the year slow this trade wouldn't even be offered, buying low on guys and selling high whether it's a one year or keeper is generally a great idea. Yes Hischier has had injury concerns as well but your gambling on 2 players having career years and a player to stay healthy that hasn't done so in many years. I'd much rather gamble on two players returning to form and Tkachuk is the best player in this deal. Taking injuries out of the equation and if all 6 players don't miss a game rest of the season, I feel fairly confident the players he will get will have more points. So to me this is an easy accept.
    14 Team H2H pts keep 12 plus 10 minors
    Skaters G, A, Blk, FOW, HIT, STP, PIM, Tk, SOG. bonus for D pts
    Goalies GA, SV, SHO, W, OL

C - Aho,
    Danault, Granlund, Seguin, Domi
    LW- Nichushkin, Svechnikov, Vatrano, Palat, Marchment
    RW -Rust, M Tkachuk, Konecny, Pavelski, Ehlers
    D - Carlson, Seider, Karlsson, Ekblad, Krug, Manson, Gudas, Walman
    G - Georgiev, Vanecek, Talbot, Daccord
    M - Gauthier, Savoie, Kasper, Nazar, Bolduc, Bystedt, Cossa, Daws

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hit the accept button. M. Tkachuk is the best player in the trade and it is possible that Hischier could be the 2nd best player in the trade. I would do this trade.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hischier scored at a better rate last year so your statement should say " forsberg is currently scoring at a better rate". If Tkachuk and Hischier didn't start the year slow this trade wouldn't even be offered, buying low on guys and selling high whether it's a one year or keeper is generally a great idea. Yes Hischier has had injury concerns as well but your gambling on 2 players having career years and a player to stay healthy that hasn't done so in many years. I'd much rather gamble on two players returning to form and Tkachuk is the best player in this deal. Taking injuries out of the equation and if all 6 players don't miss a game rest of the season, I feel fairly confident the players he will get will have more points. So to me this is an easy accept.
    A career year for Forsberg would be around 90pts, his career high to date (from just 2 years ago) is 84 in less than 70 games. My statement is accurate, Forsberg's career pts/gm average is higher than Hischier's, he has always scored at a higher rate thus far in his career. That's especially true when you look at the numbers since 2016 (Hischier's first year).

Since 2017-18 season

Forsberg 0.93 pts/gm
    Hischier 0.73 pts/gm

Since that same season they've both averaged close to 20 games missed per year. Hischier has already missed 11 this year. The other pieces are almost a wash, this is where you lose on that deal.

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    A career year for Forsberg would be around 90pts, his career high to date (from just 2 years ago) is 84 in less than 70 games. My statement is accurate, Forsberg's career pts/gm average is higher than Hischier's, he has always scored at a higher rate thus far in his career. That's especially true when you look at the numbers since 2016 (Hischier's first year).

Since 2017-18 season

Forsberg 0.93 pts/gm
    Hischier 0.73 pts/gm

Since that same season they've both averaged close to 20 games missed per year. Hischier has already missed 11 this year. The other pieces are almost a wash, this is where you lose on that deal.
    At least include Forsbergs first years as well if your going to compare stats, excluding a players first 3 or 4 years and trying to compare total numbers isn't accurate. that brings there numbers a lot closer than what you put. Its safe to say we know what Forsbergs ceiling is, we don't know what Hischier's is. He is already missed his time this season, has Forsberg? No, will he? extremely likely. Your very short sighted in your views and opinions, I've noticed this in your other posts as well. To be able to differentiate between hot and cold starts and recognize injury history are both important aspect in Fantasy hockey. You do remember the last two years when Tkachuk had 104 and 109 points? This will be a fun post to look at later in the year.
    14 Team H2H pts keep 12 plus 10 minors
    Skaters G, A, Blk, FOW, HIT, STP, PIM, Tk, SOG. bonus for D pts
    Goalies GA, SV, SHO, W, OL

C - Aho,
    Danault, Granlund, Seguin, Domi
    LW- Nichushkin, Svechnikov, Vatrano, Palat, Marchment
    RW -Rust, M Tkachuk, Konecny, Pavelski, Ehlers
    D - Carlson, Seider, Karlsson, Ekblad, Krug, Manson, Gudas, Walman
    G - Georgiev, Vanecek, Talbot, Daccord
    M - Gauthier, Savoie, Kasper, Nazar, Bolduc, Bystedt, Cossa, Daws

Dobber Sports Ace

This will be a fun post to look at later in the year.
    Name G A PTS PPP SOG +/- Hits
    NICO HISCHIER 11 10 21 7 57 -3 14
    ADRIAN KEMPE 15 22 37 11 122 16 45
    MATTHEW TKACHUK 12 27 39 14 155 4 46
    38 59 97 32 334 17 105
    SEBASTIAN AHO 15 32 47 20 114 9 12
    FILIP FORSBERG 21 24 45 15 159 7 64
    SAM REINHART 30 23 53 19 109 18 21
    66 79 145 54 382 34 97

Farm (notables):

Dobber Sports Ace

Haha too soon. But ya the 3 players he has have not slowed down and Forsberg has managed to stay healthy so far…
    Tkachuk has 18 points in his last 10 games, Kempe doing well but Hischier lagging behind.

Dobber Sports Ace

Also we only need the stats from Nov 29th as that’s what matters here when the trade did or did not take place.
    Tkachuk, Hischier, Kempe 55pts
    Reinhart, Aho, Forsberg 71pts.
    Will see how this looks at the end of the season.

Dobber Sports Ace

I didn't do the final math but based on what I saw on a day-to-day I don't think very much changed.

Farm (notables):