Thread: Cole Perfetti - Superstar?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Cole Perfetti - Superstar?

Cole Perfetti is only 21 years old. He's on a 70 points pace. He has 13 points during is last 12 games. He is playing on the Jets 1st PP with great guys like Connor, Scheifele and Morrissey.

What is his real potential?

61-70 points?
    71-80 points?
    81-90 points?
    Superstar?

I would not be surprise if he becomes more than a point per game player. I think he has the talent to do it.

What's your expections from him?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Cole Perfetti - Superstar?

I'd put him in the 70-80pt range if he can hold this spot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

I'd say 65-75 this year, with 70-80 being in his future. I don't see much higher than a ppg.
    12 Teams H2H Keeper (17 Kept): 22 roster spots (5 bench/5 Rounds Draft), 5 IR+, 1 NA
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PPP/SoG/Hits/Blocks
    Goalies: W/SV%/SHO

C: Matthews, Barkov, Zibanejad, Jenner
    LW: Kaprizov, Keller, Kreider, Marchand
    RW: Marner, Nylander, Rantanen, Marchessault, Holtz
    D: Hedman, Werenski, Theodore, Montour, Gudas, Carlson
    G: Oettinger, Markstrom, Daccord

IR: Guentzel, Sergachev

NA: Stankoven

Tried to replicate Dynasty League in Yahoo, but will be switching to FanTrax next year with a larger farm/minor league setup.

Standings: 1st place, 16-3-0.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

His vision and puck smarts seem really, really good.
    I love watching him play. Put me in the 70-80pt camp.
    Vision/passing players can usually touch 90pts in one or two seasons (these days) with the perfect complimentary (sniping) linemates.
    Whether he gets those in WPG is a TBD... so 70-80 is smarter range.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think he is a superstar in making but he is very good...im with others when it comes to point projection
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm in agreement with him being a 65 pt floor player with 90 pt upside (agreement with Penguin)... but could be even higher if he had some great line mates - I mean Huberdeau had over 100 once (not a player comparison, just a statement).

But will he ever get W status on yahoo is the bigger question... (I digress, but how big of a joke is yahoo this year)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Very solid player, great passing, decent setup in Winnipeg.
    70-75 point player year over year with a perfect season hitting 88-92 points.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Great One

Superstar? That is a term which, to me, means top 5% at his position, and I'm not sure I see it. But I love what I'm seeing on the ice and with his IPPs. I think he is poised to enjoy multiple point per game seasons, with maybe a 90+ point campaign if everything aligns perfectly. Ironically, he might turn out like Scheifele in terms of career trajectory, or maybe Kopitar.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Superstar is a bit strong of a word and especially for such a young player. Down the road he might be that superstar player, but right now I wouldn’t start putting that tag on him.

I do see him reaching the 70 point mark this season. That is a good start to the superstar tag. Just keep it up after that.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think he could develop into a 90+ type of player but I dont think anyone's really banking on that at this point. He IS incredibly skilled. That draft was sort of weird because they were convinced that lafreniere and maybe Byfield were the top tier- but they sort of had this enormous second tier that went to what- like pick 11 or12 or something? I mean Rossi was the hipster pick for poolies and Stutzle went and blew thedoors off his projection- lol- but it more like a pick your poison type of draft. I just looked it up- picks 3 through 12 were largely considered to be one big tier and the Jarvis at 13 ended up being no joke either haha! If we err on the side of caution and take out Stutzle- there are a lot of guys with legit star or even superstar upside in that range. It might sound crazy now but a lot of people felt like most of those guys were interchangable- so yea Perfetti are least has the talent background to hit that type of lofty height.

Will he? I honestly think its just too soon to tell. As others have said I think external factors like teammates and deployment might have an even bigger say in whether he gets to that level than his talent level alone. He looks great in the early going and he has a frickin play/pass named after him so id say he's giving it a yeoman effort here!

His shot rates were never great though so that could be an area of concern at some point...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I might have to boost my love of Perfetti up two rungs.
    Just found out he can solve a Rubik's cube fast. (Heard on NHL Network last night)

Amazing!
    One minute... amazing. (It takes me 3-4 on average!)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=702792400587489

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I might have to boost my love of Perfetti up two rungs.
    Just found out he can solve a Rubik's cube fast. (Heard on NHL Network last night)

Amazing!
    One minute... amazing. (It takes me 3-4 on average!)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=702792400587489
    You'd be surprised how little time it takes to become an expert on this. My teen son got to under 45 seconds after two weeks. This all being said, still impressive I'd agree.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

re: Rubik's Cube.
    I decided (5-6 years ago) that I wanted it to be something I knew how to do.
    So I did the thing the kids do... I watched the online videos, learned the moves, memorized them.
    I feel good knowing I can do it.
    Like riding a bike... 5-6 years later... I can still do it. Feel quite proud about that.

Being able to solve a Rubik's cube doesn't hold any REAL world value...
    So I don't try to get faster than I am (which 3-4minutes, 90% of the time, sometimes sooner - sometimes later).
    And - for clarity - I also don't assign any level of "elitism" to anybody that can.

And... not being critical or argumentative...
    But... I think people being able to become an "expert" in a couple weeks doesn't lessen the value that this is a formidable achievement... not everybody can or will do it.
    I think 80% of the general population would throw up their hands after 2 hours and say "not for me".
    (Actually... the *experts* are those kids that can evaluate the layout of a mixed cube and know how many moves they have to make to solve it in under 30sec. THAT is expert-level. If I trained my fingers to be dextrous enough... I think I could do a minute with just speeding up standard steps. But I'm old... and I don't care to push my fingers.)

So... point being... props to Cole for sticking with it and doing it.
    I'm quite (actually... "VERY") impressed with people that push themselves to doing something as logistical and also challenging as a Rubik's Cube.

For me - this is a "character trait" that is "impressive".
    Props to those that can.
    And no props to those that simply think anyone can.

[all in all... not meant at all to be a combatative or argumentative post... but sometimes people say "in a couple weeks" and it lessens an accomplishment quite substantially. Prob <2% of the population can solve a cube... which is right there with MENSA levels.
    For me, it would be absolutely fantastic to learn that there might be MENSA-level athletes. (most athletes are sort of "dumb" - lets be honest). I know people hate the Wonderlic for football... but I'm always intrigued by the guys that ace it.]

Dobber Sports Wizard

its funny you say that its like riding a bike, to me its opposite of that so it probably depends on a person

I trained my mind to solve it in under a minute and my fastest time was 49 seconds as a 15 year old. I got very good at it when i was sick with my sinus and had to spend 6 months at my cousins who lived at Baltic sea and the salts form the sea were healing my sinus somehow remember specific but i do remember that time. Anyhow, i meant i had lots of time to play with rubic cube as i didnt go to school for 6 months and everybody around me did so i was alone for most of the time .

So yeah, i was very good and loved to solve it few times a week for a pretty long period of time, never got to 49 seconds again but was around a minute mark. Then i came to Canada and didnt touch it for over 25 years...i picked it up few years ago and tried to solve it, i did but it took me over an hour! had to retrain the brain and it didnt work very well. I tried few times after that and gave up as all the tricks i knew were gone....i now prefer good game of chess to rubic cube but both are amazing way to train your brain!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones