Thread: Help with my soon to need promotion goalies

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Help with my soon to need promotion goalies

It seems like I have a post like this every year, it's just a bit early this year. This post will cover multiple leagues, with similar formats, due to me having these guys multiple places.

In a couple of these leagues I can only roster one of these guys on my main roster, due to having entrenched high end starters ahead of them that they will not leapfrog - Hellebuyck, Shesterkin, Oettinger, for example.
    One league is a cap league where roster space is a bit of a premium, but carrying 4 is plausible, and that league has no star goalies right now - headed by Copley/Reimer/Skinner

Categories are: W, SV%, GAA, SHUT, and sometimes also Saves

Listed by career NHL games played. I have to decide on promoting players by game 50 or shortly thereafter.

GP TEAM PLAYER
    20 PHI Samuel Ersson
    31 SEA Joey Daccord
    32 ANA Lukas Dostal
    41 ARI Connor Ingram
    42 DET Alex Lyon
    46 CBJ Spencer Martin

My thoughts on these guys:

Sam Ersson should stay under 50 GP all season, barring a Hart trade, which I feel is unlikely; but he's listed here for completeness. I expect to hold him.

Joey Daccord looks like he's poised to take the Kraken starting job. I've got him multiple places, and I think he's a potentially good choice as a #2/3 in places where I can have a 3rd guy.

Lukas Dostal is a guy I expected to push Gibson aside, but Gibson is still there. The upside is that it means Dostal stays minor eligible longer, but the team isn't great, and Gibson needs to go for the starting job to be in play. The Ducks seems content to be mediocre .

Connor Ingram has outplayed Vejmelka this year, but I am more skeptical of his ability to hold down a starting job in the NHL.

Alex Lyon is a guy I grabbed last year in couple leagues, and rode him. Dealt him in the offseason in one league for a pick, but still have him other places. He's getting more of the Detroit starts. How long will it last, is the question.

Spencer Martin is the guy I'm least excited about from this list. He seems like just a backup, and Columbus is bad.

Which of these guys do you like the most and why?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Help with my soon to need promotion goalies

like you said with Daccord he's my choice because he seems like the one with the best chance to see the lion's share of starts on a solid team.

Dobber Sports Star

I like Connor Ingram to a degree, but I don't know if it is enough to make him a keeper after he hits 50 games. He's up for regression given his PK overperformance. If you need to be committed to him, this year will be too early to make that choice. Which leads to letting him go.

Lyon and Martin have been on everyone's teams at one point or another. No reason to believe that they've come into must-own territory.

Dostal is a keeper here, he has pedigree and everything points to the Ducks being awash in forward and defensive talent in a couple years. They're all too young now, but Dostal seems to be a cinch top 15 goalie after Gibson leaves. And I still believe he leaves.

Agree on D'Accord being useful here. There isn't any real challenge. If Joey can hold it together, he can soar.

Ersson isn't likely to hit 50, so you won't need to make a choice.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Update:

I realized I forgot to note how deep these leagues are - they are 16 to 20 team leagues.

Ingram will be kept on my cap league team when he hits main roster requirements. I simply can't release a starter in a 20 team league. I suspect I might be able to work a trade, though. Problem is, I'm weakest in net there with Skinner, Copley, and Reimer on main roster. I view Ingram as an improvement and I can drop a fringe skater.

Martin is only on the cap league team, and I'll be looking to move him ASAP for another minors eligible player.

Daccord is also a guy that I think I will be keeping, at least on the cap league team. On my weekly dynasty, he's fighting for a min roster spot directly with Lyon, and I think I prefer Daccord, but I have some time for that decision, as Daccord is further away from the limit. I have Daccord in all 3 leagues.

Dostal is only owned in 1 league, and it's the least deep league, but Daccord is also there. I'm unsure which of them to prefer, as Dostal may have more talent, but Daccord has more opportunity.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The goalies that you have listed that stick out to me are Ingram, Dostal & Daccord.

Ingram seems to have taken the reigns from Vejmelka on a much improved Coyotes team and should reach the 50 GP mark probably sooner than any of the other goalies you have listed even Martin as he should be seeing the bulk of the playing time in the near future. He should be considered to be held onto because of seeing the bulk of the playing time as well as the improving Coyotes club.

Daccord is a goalie who is also primed to step up and take over the #1 net minding job. However, I don’t see him yet taking over the job like Ingram seems to have done recently. His chances are right there for him though in Seattle as Grubauer has not looked good.Daccord is someone to hang onto.

Dostal may have the most talent out of the three goalies I have listed and he will at some point become the #1 goalie for the Ducks. I however think you have a little time with Dostal as most of the starts in Anaheim right now unless Gibson gets injured will be for Gibson. Once Dostal is ready though the young Ducks team will be a bit more mature and that will definitely benefit him. He should definitely be one to hang onto, but I think you have some time left in the minors with Dostal.