Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Corey Perry situation - UPDATE: cleared waivers; contract terminated

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Corey Perry situation - UPDATE: on waivers for contract termination

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    "Yea but he didn't tell us what it actually is, so how are we supposed to believe him when he tells us what it isn't" - some people still, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I could be wrong, but I actually tend to believe it is true. Although, no one involved would ever admit it. But who and why would anyone make up something this hateful? Damage control would be to deny, deny, deny! Also, this is very embarrassing to the team and could possibly affect their relationship with Connor which could be catastrophic. They will do everything in their power to protect the kid and their relationship with him. Including the ridding of Perry by any means.
    Man right on queue.

Also incredibly misogynistic and fan brained to only think of how this affects Perry and the team.

Dobber Sports Star

I could be wrong, but I actually tend to believe it is true. Although, no one involved would ever admit it. But who and why would anyone make up something this hateful? Damage control would be to deny, deny, deny! Also, this is very embarrassing to the team and could possibly affect their relationship with Connor which could be catastrophic. They will do everything in their power to protect the kid and their relationship with him. Including the ridding of Perry by any means.
    Believing accusations on the grounds that nobody would make that kind of thing up, is an absolutely horrible way to validate a claim.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Uh what? If you think the Hawks want to protect the kid, what about his own MOTHER? What a terrible take haha.

“Connor, mommy loves you, but have you seen Mr. Perry’s stick?!”

Dobber Sports All-Star

Man right on queue.

Also incredibly misogynistic and fan brained to only think of how this affects Perry and the team.
    Right on queue.

It goes without saying that this obviously affects the Bedard family. Not sure how mysogyny factors in.The whole situation is bizarre and PR needs to come up with something. If not, it's Connor that's going to take the brunt of it.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Corey Perry situation

Multiple reporters have confirmed the disgusting rumour surrounding impropriety are 100% false. Further propagating said rumour is shameful and does nothing except damage an innocent couples relationship between each other and their community. The hockey community celebrating and laughing about said rumour is just another disgusting black mark in a long lime of them.
    Agreed. The fact that some people think this 'rumor' is actually funny is pretty sad. I have my guess on what may have happened but until we hear from the horses mouth what has happened, I wouldn't want to add to the speculation.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status...4-ROwrVUw&s=19

“This does not involve any other players or their family members.”

Kyle Davidson on the Corey Perry situation.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Right on queue.

It goes without saying that this obviously affects the Bedard family. Not sure how mysogyny factors in.The whole situation is bizarre and PR needs to come up with something. If not, it's Connor that's going to take the brunt of it.
    "How is it misogynisitic"

Cami Kepke @CamiKepke

Seeing a lot of 'I feel bad for Bedard', which, yes, but how about the woman who was slut shamed, reduced to an online punchline and treated as nothing more than a kill. The 'jokes' framed Perry as if he won some kind of prize. As if the Hawks let it get that far out of hand.
    No mention in any of your posts about the woman involved in this, no mention as to why we should just assume that even if Perry would be willing to do this she would be, etc. Oh not to mention still thinking it happened after reporters and the team confirmed it did not. Everything you've said is rooted in misogyny.

Have you not noticed how bad humanity has gotten over the last decade? Especially on the internet and social media where one can create fake profiles easily?

Shitty people have always existed, but we have more of them now due to more people. We also have way, way less personal accountability and an ability to just make up crap because someone feels hurt or wants attention.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

"How is it "misogynisitic"

No mention in any of your posts about the woman involved in this, no mention as to why we should just assume that even if Perry would be willing to do this she would be, etc. Oh not to mention still thinking it happened after reporters and the team confirmed it did not. Everything you've said is rooted in misogyny.
    "misogynistic"

We all have our opinions. Some turn out to be right and some not, and nobody has produced any proof either way. Besides, there is zero chance that anyone will admit that it happened, if it actually did happen. So to throwing insults around is pure arrogance.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Have you not noticed how bad humanity has gotten over the last decade? Especially on the internet and social media where one can create fake profiles easily?

Shitty people have always existed, but we have more of them now due to more people. We also have way, way less personal accountability and an ability to just make up crap because someone feels hurt or wants attention.
    Yes. I visit X occasionally and it is the ugly beast of humanity. The haters find and embolden each other. The liars do as well. It's insane what influencers get away with. From anti-semitism to outright lies with zero proof that the gulibles soak up.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes. I visit X occasionally and it is the ugly beast of humanity. The haters find and embolden each other. The liars do as well. It's insane what influencers get away with. From anti-semitism to outright lies with zero proof that the gulibles soak up.
    “Outright lies with zero proof that the gullibles soak up”

What an ironic comment… probably my favorite contribution to this thread thus far

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    “Outright lies with zero proof that the gullibles soak up”

What an ironic comment… probably my favorite contribution to this thread thus far
    It’s just…peak comedy.

"misogynistic"

We all have our opinions. Some turn out to be right and some not, and nobody has produced any proof either way. Besides, there is zero chance that anyone will admit that it happened, if it actually did happen. So to throw insults around is pure arrogance.
    Right we all have our opinions and yours in this thread happen to be misogynistic.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Right we all have our opinions and yours in this thread happen to be misogynistic.
    why do you always need to fight with anybody that has opinion slightly bit different than yours? its constant with you and quite frankly annoying. Say your piece and drop it ..there is no need for repeated posts to prove your point.

And i do agree with your opinion on this but not your approach...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Well this thread sure is a waste of time. Yikes.