Thread: Acquiring Evander Kane?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Acquiring Evander Kane?

I offered this but is it too much.

KJ, Issac Howard, Lafreniere, 2026 1st for Evander Kane and Jordon Spence. He said he'd also give me one of Noesen or Ryan Strome.

I am currently in last place of 16 but I am actually winning this week. I do have a solid team in front of me but have had a lot of bad luck.

Thanks in advance
    18 Team H2H, 24 team roster with 21 active, 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 1Skt, 10IR, 20 Prospects with 100/50goalie games before pro.
    Cats: G, A, TP, H, BL, SH, W, Saves, S%
    F: Lowry, McDavid, Zibanejad, Hyman, Kucherov, Stamkos, Lafreniere, Tolvanen, Tuch , Jenner, Kent Johnson, Foegele, Tucker, Vatrano, Rust
    D: M. Anderson, Lindell, Ristolainen, Trouba, Oleksiak
    G: Kuemper, Vasilevskiy, Hart
    Prospects: (G) Askarov, Barlow, Howard, Ohgren, Stranges, Kemell, Morozov, (D) Duda, (D) Hutson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Acquiring Evander Kane?

you've stuck with Laffy this long only to try to deal him when he's seemingly putting it all together in exchange for a 32 year old?!?! Hard pass.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    you've stuck with Laffy this long only to try to deal him when he's seemingly putting it all together in exchange for a 32 year old?!?! Hard pass.
    I adopted this team this year so I don't have any real ties to any players except that I am an Oilers fan (grrr). I see you are a Rangers fan and I see why you would feel that way. Do you believe he can keep this up. His shooting percentage is pretty high but maybe just maybe he's finally going to be the guy everyone though he was.
    18 Team H2H, 24 team roster with 21 active, 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 1Skt, 10IR, 20 Prospects with 100/50goalie games before pro.
    Cats: G, A, TP, H, BL, SH, W, Saves, S%
    F: Lowry, McDavid, Zibanejad, Hyman, Kucherov, Stamkos, Lafreniere, Tolvanen, Tuch , Jenner, Kent Johnson, Foegele, Tucker, Vatrano, Rust
    D: M. Anderson, Lindell, Ristolainen, Trouba, Oleksiak
    G: Kuemper, Vasilevskiy, Hart
    Prospects: (G) Askarov, Barlow, Howard, Ohgren, Stranges, Kemell, Morozov, (D) Duda, (D) Hutson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat_Dangler View Post
    I adopted this team this year so I don't have any real ties to any players except that I am an Oilers fan (grrr). I see you are a Rangers fan and I see why you would feel that way. Do you believe he can keep this up. His shooting percentage is pretty high but maybe just maybe he's finally going to be the guy everyone though he was.
    I freakin hope so lol. All I can say are two key things have improved. First and foremost his skating is much better now, prior to this year it was below par. Secondly, he just looks more confident overall.

The greatest GM of all time, Sam Pollock, had an unwritten rule for prospects in that he'd never deal any of his own before they turn 23. Laffy just turned 22, it took Lafleur until said age of 23 to turn it on. Not trying to put in same boat but just takes time for a kid to make an impact in a man's game.

Dobber Sports Icon

i think its too much to give up...and im not of the opinion that you dont trade Lafreniere for him..i think if you get something close to 1 on 1 you do it but all those other pieces are useful and i want to hold on to them. Kane is good but he is not that good.

Player with most upside that you are giving up is KJ imo. If you remove him, the 2024 1st and spence i would do it. Otherwise walk away.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones