Poll: Who will be dealt and when?

This poll will close on December 28, 2024 at 11:17 AM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draisaitl and McDavid trade watch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Draisaitl and McDavid trade watch

It may seem early and yes there's NMC in their contracts, but Edmonton seems nowhere near a SC at this moment. Draisaitl has a contract over next year, but will the Oilers look any better the 24/25 season? If they look similar to this year and only get a rental package for Draisaitl, won't they increase the risk of also losing McDavid the next season? It's clear that this setup hasn't worked for whatever reason.

Won't there be a team like NJ, Carolina or Buffalo who'd be willing to take Draisaitl one and a half year for a good returning package?

Also - what about McDavid? What's the odds on him resigning in Edmonton?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Draisaitl and McDavid trade watch

Oh, the rumors.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Both McDavid and Draisaitl will re-sign (long-term) with the Oilers.
    Both will be Oilers for opening night of the 2025-26 Season. Book It.

I look forward to returning to this post and being VERY right or VERY wrong.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Trading McDavid won't happen. The only way that happens if McDavid want's it to happen. Draisatil I don't think is going anywhere either but he would be the more likely of the two.

I have said this before McDavid's career is starting to look more like Ovi's then Crosby's. Crosby was still 21 when he won his first cup and added two later. Ovi won a ton of individual hardware and despite the Caps often being favorites to win the Cup based on regular season performance they seemed to always disappoint. Questions started arising if you could win a cup with Ovi but they kept running it back and eventually got theirs.

Of coarse there's still a lot of time for things to change but that's what I see happening with McDavid playing the Ovi role and Draisatil playing the Backstrom role.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Trading McDavid won't happen. The only way that happens if McDavid want's it to happen. Draisatil I don't think is going anywhere either but he would be the more likely of the two.
    It only happens if the players want it, but doesn't that seem more and more likely? What's in it for Draisaitl to sign a new long term deal in Edmonton? There has to be something more off there than just goaltending and defense.
    Questions started arising if you could win a cup with Ovi but they kept running it back and eventually got theirs.
    I don't believe anyone's doubting McDavid's ability to win. It's whether he, or anyone, is able to win in Edmonton. Washington had a very good team for many years.

Dobber Sports Genius

If McDavid doesn't win a cup with the Oilers it will knock down his standing among the greatest of all time. I think he realizes this, that's why he's sticking around. Draisatil will stick by McDavid, but he's the great flight risk.

Dobber Sports Monster

I think both probably stay, but I think the chances are slightly lower for Draisaitl than McDavid staying. Still fairly high odds both stay.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

If McDavid doesn't win a cup with the Oilers it will knock down his standing among the greatest of all time. I think he realizes this, that's why he's sticking around. Draisatil will stick by McDavid, but he's the great flight risk.
    If this were true, everyone would agree that Ray Bourque was just a middling defenseman. And Hasek is nowhere near among the greatest of goalies. Hasek didn't bring the Blackhawks a Cup.

Dobber Sports Initiate

For the record: my guess is that Edmonton improves over the year, still misses the play-offs, Draisaitl is unwilling to sign an extension and is moved in the 24/25 season for a worse package than if he had been moved earlier. McDavid does not sign a new long term contract in Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If this were true, everyone would agree that Ray Bourque was just a middling defenseman. And Hasek is nowhere near among the greatest of goalies. Hasek didn't bring the Blackhawks a Cup.
    For one it's always been different for defense and goalies then generational forwards. Also mentioning Hasek with the Blackhawks is a cop out and you know it. He didnt win with Sabres. Some consider him the greatest goaltender of all time but more people mention Roy and Broduer. I dont know about your circle but when talking Bourque it also gets brought up how he had to go to a stacked Avanlache team to win his cup. Lastly McDavid to some is in the GOAT conversation already. If he doesn't win with Oilers for sure thats hurting his legacy. If Ovi left to win his cup, I gureenteed the narrative that you can't win with Ovi as the man would of been brought up.

Dobber Sports Deity

For one it's always been different for defense and goalies then generational forwards. Also mentioning Hasek with the Blackhawks is a cop out and you know it. He didnt win with Sabres. Some consider him the greatest goaltender of all time but more people mention Roy and Broduer. I dont know about your circle but when talking Bourque it also gets brought up how he had to go to a stacked Avanlache team to win his cup. Lastly McDavid to some is in the GOAT conversation already. If he doesn't win with Oilers for sure thats hurting his legacy. If Ovi left to win his cup, I gureenteed the narrative that you can't win with Ovi as the man would of been brought up.
    How many years did Ovechkin play in the league before he won his one and only title? Was it 13 years?

People are worried about something that doesn't affect their own team that they cheer for. Relax. He's got plenty of road ahead of him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

The notion that a players individual legacy is based on how many teammates he can fit on his back is one of the silliest concepts I've ever heard.

Point me to someone who thinks Barry Sanders wasn't that good and you'll be pointing at someone who doesn't know #$%@ all about the sport (or is a salty fan of a rival team).
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think Edmonton learned an important lesson from the Gretzky trade
    And they will not let either of these players be traded or sign elsewhere.

And I think McDavid and Draisaitl will get paid huge contracts at extension time.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think Edmonton learned an important lesson from the Gretzky trade
    And they will not let either of these players be traded or sign elsewhere.

And I think McDavid and Draisaitl will get paid huge contracts at extension time.
    Without using google, why do you think Gretzky was traded?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Without using google, why do you think Gretzky was traded?
    Money
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​