Thread: Time to give up on Zegras?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Time to give up on Zegras?

I've been patient with Trevor Zegras since the start of the season, but with his meagre production and injury, I'm seriously thinking of moving on. Gabriel Vilardi is available. Would he be a good option for the rest of the season? Alexis Lafrenière, Vatrano, Coyle, Peterka, Tolvanen, Crouse, Joseph, Marchenko, Perfetti are also available. I'm looking for the best option for the rest of the season. Also, is the fact that Korchinski is now on PP1 in Chicago. Would that be a good ROS option to replace Nils Lundkvist? Thanks a lot for your help!

The Great One

Default Re: Time to give up on Zegras?

In a one year yes, it’s time to move on. Vatrano being on the wire is crazy. Grab him. Given the Fs on the wire, I’d have to guess there are better options than Korchinski to replace Lundqvist.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

I know Vatrano is the obvious and logical choice but I don't know why I don't trust it. For defensemen, here's what's available Sean Walker, Marino, Mcnabb, Walman, Myers, Faber, Spence, Parayko, Harley... I forgot to mention it but I'm in a 1 year pts league 1pts goal 1 pts assist. Thx

The Great One

Vatrano’s Sh% is high. But his ice time is up 2 mins per game since last year and over 5 mins per game more than the previous season. That’s a lot. He’s hot. Pick him up. If he cools drop him for someone else hot. It’s a one year league. In a pts only I’d drop Lundqvist for Walman until he isn’t on PP1 anymore. The others are a no.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think moving on from Zegras is bad idea atm. He is struggling and now hurt but also wont be surprised if he goes off in second half and scores PPG in last 40 games. Its a gamble, his talent is elite and he just needs to find the groove again.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones