Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Klingberg

Dobber Sports Titan

Default John Klingberg

Mike Johnson said he sat next to Klingberg on the flight back from Sweden and Klingberg was in pain the whole flight. Then Johnson said the likelihood of Klingberg playing again doesn't look good.

It sounds like the injury might end up requiring surgery, which would be LTIR and with the Leafs, done for the year.

Keefe said Klingberg is "working through things to determine what's next for him"

He hasn't played since Nov 17th.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: John Klingberg

He has just been placed on LTIR.

I heard that clip of Johnson too. I am not sure if we are going to see Klingberg again this year. Sounds like he has hip issues.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Klingberg on LTIR is likely a move they made because Timmins is back and they needed the cap space for that.

It also creates enough space for Liljegren to come back when he's ready. And gives them ~$2,500,000 in space when Timmins+Liljegren come back and Lagesson (or Benoit) sent down.

Dobber Sports Deity

Typical Leafs. Sign player, player underperforms, player goes in LTIR and is done playing for the Leafs.

Yep. Typical Leafs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Typical Leafs. Sign player, player underperforms, player goes in LTIR and is done playing for the Leafs.

Yep. Typical Leafs.
    Klingberg was talking about his hip injury being something he's dealt with his whole career and finally hit a 'rock bottom'. I'm questioning more why the Leafs are fine signing guys with potential chronic injury issues. Or if that's just a strategy for them.

See a guys injury reports.
    See injuries have hampered him.
    Sign him.
    Hope their medical team can fix it.
    Doesn't fix injury and the player is beyond repair.
    Player agrees on surgery.
    LTIR.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Leafs fans are obviously very ok with this but what Tampa and Vegas did is bullshit.

Actually, all of it is fine and ok.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Leafs fans are obviously very ok with this but what Tampa and Vegas did is bullshit.

I think there's a difference in the situations, but it's the same department.

Department:
    Cap circumvention

Different Situations:
    Tampa/Vegas with Stone - Holding a healthy player out because you can't fit them in the cap
    Toronto - Having an unhealthy player have surgery, then filling the hole they created

Kucherov was held out a month longer than he probably should have been. Matt Murray and Jake Muzzin had their careers end. John Klingberg is to be determined.

For the record, I don't think it's something that should be happening though. I also don't think it's good for the product to have the cap be what it is. In my mind a perfect situation would be having either a soft cap like baseball, or have a "playoff cap" that's like 105% of the regular season cap. Have NHL players get paid for the playoffs in the form of bonuses through Team Playoff Revenue (make it like a percentage, but make it official and public known).

If you do this, Kucherov/P.Kane situation ends. Leafs forcing players to go on LTIR to fit in someone else likely ends with a soft cap.

I also just remembered when typing this that the media was pushing that Mark Stone's career could be done last yr while he was out. Came back fine, performing fine now. Seems like that was a team that was trying to not look like Tampa/Kucherov situation.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

If you do this, Kucherov/P.Kane situation ends. Leafs forcing players to go on LTIR to fit in someone else likely ends with a soft cap.
    When PKane broke his collarbone in February 2015, he was expected to miss the rest of the regular season and not return until late in the playoffs since the recovery timeline was 12 weeks. Hawks fans everywhere were shocked when he returned in 7 weeks to start the playoffs. No one accused the Hawks of doing anything nefarious with the salary cap. There was a lot of thought that Kane was rushing to return and putting himself at further risk. I agree that the system needs to be changed and the salary cap needs to apply to the playoffs but in the case of the Blackhawks, they benefited from the timing of Kane's injury and his early return not any type of playing around with timelines and holding players out when they were healthy in order to ice a better team in the playoffs.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    When PKane broke his collarbone in February 2015, he was expected to miss the rest of the regular season and not return until late in the playoffs since the recovery timeline was 12 weeks. Hawks fans everywhere were shocked when he returned in 7 weeks to start the playoffs. No one accused the Hawks of doing anything nefarious with the salary cap. There was a lot of thought that Kane was rushing to return and putting himself at further risk. I agree that the system needs to be changed and the salary cap needs to apply to the playoffs but in the case of the Blackhawks, they benefited from the timing of Kane's injury and his early return not any type of playing around with timelines and holding players out when they were healthy in order to ice a better team in the playoffs.
    I included the Kane one cause the team used his LTIR cap space to acquire someone.

But I forgot he came back early, so my mistake on comparing him to kucherov.

Dobber Sports Sage

I included the Kane one cause the team used his LTIR cap space to acquire someone.

But I forgot he came back early, so my mistake on comparing him to kucherov.
    No problem. Kane's situation is similar to Stone/Kucherov since he returned and his team won the Cup being over the cap. I make the distinction since the Hawks didn't play any shenanigans with the cap that season which I highly suspect Tampa and Vegas did. I just wish the NHL made a rule which wouldn't allow any of this.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; November 24, 2023 at 9:04 AM. Reason: typo
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Department:
    Cap circumvention

Different Situations:
    Tampa/Vegas with Stone - Holding a healthy player out because you can't fit them in the cap
    Toronto - Having an unhealthy player have surgery, then filling the hole they created

Kucherov was held out a month longer than he probably should have been. Matt Murray and Jake Muzzin had their careers end. John Klingberg is to be determined.

For the record, I don't think it's something that should be happening though. I also don't think it's good for the product to have the cap be what it is. In my mind a perfect situation would be having either a soft cap like baseball, or have a "playoff cap" that's like 105% of the regular season cap. Have NHL players get paid for the playoffs in the form of bonuses through Team Playoff Revenue (make it like a percentage, but make it official and public known).

I also just remembered when typing this that the media was pushing that Mark Stone's career could be done last yr while he was out. Came back fine, performing fine now. Seems like that was a team that was trying to not look like Tampa/Kucherov situation.
    You don't have access to their medical records and there is absolutely no evidence to actually suggest this. Fans are just mad so they ~want~ it to be true. That's your opinion because when they came back they played reasonably well and nothing more.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

actually all of this is BS and im leaf fan and i dont agree with it so dont paint everybody with same brush.

Its also legal based on current CBA so that has to be revamped to stop BS like this. Worst part about some of the moves leafs did in the past is that some of these guys were probably still capable of playing and maybe wanted to but leafs blocked them. Lupul comes to mind. With Klingberg its only one year and maybe he really is hurt, who knows. But its quite suspicious that he completely sucks and now he is gone for a year.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Department:
    Cap circumvention

Different Situations:

I wont be one bit surprised to see this happen with Matt Murray too, once his Toronto contract expires at the end of this season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Klingberg out for the season apparently. Will have hip surgery.

Dobber Sports Titan

He'll have surgery later this month and will be out 5-6months. Which would have him back in May/June.

He will not be in the playoffs, but he will have enough time post surgery rehab to get into NHL shape for 2024-26 season where at a minimum, I can see him getting a PTO.