Thread: Looking To Buy, Is The Price Right?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Looking To Buy, Is The Price Right?

So for the first time since I joined this league (few years back, but it was a league that had been running a decade prior to me) I am actually in a spot to possibly compete. My team has had some bad breaks in the past with injuries and bad goal tending that pushed me toward the bottom, to the point I was able to snag Bedard in the draft after last season. As of now though I am 4th in standings and close to the top 3. I think this could be a year to go for it and there is another team with a number of aging vets that is looking to kick off a rebuild. They reached out an offered Panarin and Tarasenko for Eklund, Mateychuk, and my 2026 1st round pick.

I am not 100% sold on Tarasenko in OTT, but if he finds his way to a better situation next year or OTT decides to fire DJ Smith and start being good I think he is a benefit. Panarin is certainly a benefit, and if I were to drop Bunting or Hall to bring them in my goals and assists will get a small bump and my +/- will greatly improve. I am a bit concerned it's too much as while I think Panarin has 3-4 good years left Tarasenko is not the same. I was thinking of countering for just Panarin with Eklund and a 2nd. Hate to lose Eklund but I think with his situation in SJS I think he's a few years away from producing enough to start consistently. I am leaning toward taking the deal overall though, but could very well be high on the feeling of relevance for once so wanted some outside perspective.

Thanks!
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    G,A,+/-,PIM,SOG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

4C: A.Barkov, N.Kadri, N.Schmaltz, S.Stamkos
    4LW: J.Gaudreau, J.Huberdeau, L.Raymond, C.Mittelstadt
    4RW: D.Pastrnak, S.Reinhart, B.Rust, A.Iafallo
    6D: T.Barrie, B.Chiarot, B.Dillon, S.Gostisbehere, E.Gustafsson, B.Skjei
    2G: J.Binnington, A.Hill, P.Mrazek
    Res: R.O'Reilly, T.Hall, P.Kane, P-O.Joseph, J.Drysdale, M.Bunting

F: M.Bourque, B.Brisson, W.Eklund, D.Goyette, R.Suzuki, R.Jarventie, A.Martino, T.Fix-Wolansky, S.Holmstrom, J.Kemell, C.Lucius, C.Bedard, W.Whitelaw, A.Cristall, S.Poulin
    D:T.Harley, D.Mateychuk, J.McIsaac, D.Samorukov, L.Cagnoni
    G: J.Daccord, P.Kochetkov, K.Keyser, A.Werner

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Looking To Buy, Is The Price Right?

I would make this trade, I’m not real high on Terasenko either but getting Panarin to help you go for a title makes it worth it for me.

Dobber Sports Star

I also like the deal but I would be looking to move Tarasenko out if you could as soon as he comes in.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would like to but I might have to hold him until his next contract situation is announced to help move him along. Planning to try to sell Kane the second he announces where he goes.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd prefer to do it for just Panarin, as you prefer. Try to make something happen like that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.