Thread: My bizarre fantasy season continues.

Dobber Sports Star

Default My bizarre fantasy season continues.

Somehow I'm currently in 1st with a 5-1 record. I'm coming up on a tough stretch of weeks against the top 5 in my league, we will see how long that lasts. Anyway, my record doesn't reflect how absolutely bad my team and specifically my keepers are doing. Everyone, with the exception of Demko and Forsberg (both very late draft picks), is underperforming.

1st mistake happened before the draft when I decided to go with the younger Robertson over Kucherov. I traded Kuch for the #12 pick in our redraft (Svechnikov). On paper Robertson/Svech for Kuch seemed like a great deal, but both have been pedestrian at best. My other 3 keepers, McDavid, Josi and B. Tkachuk have all underperformed as well.

So I either have a good problem, where things can only get better or I shot my load and reality is about to kick me in the junk.....hoping for the getting better option. LOL

Edit: My best move was using the zero G strategy in the draft, but my choice to go banger heavy may be my big regret as I passed on some solid point producers.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: My bizarre fantasy season continues.

I think you're going to get humbled over the next few weeks. But your team is good. Running with a trio of Demko+Vegas is going to give you great stats all year. McDavid won't be McDavid, but he also won't be useless. Robertson might be a 70-80pt player, which is all fine.

I think you'll come down to earth, but you could finish 8-3 at the end of this 5 week stretch and still be tops in the league. I think you should be looking at adding to your team for a championship run, and not "I gotta wait to see if I should".
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think you're going to get humbled over the next few weeks. But your team is good. Running with a trio of Demko+Vegas is going to give you great stats all year. McDavid won't be McDavid, but he also won't be useless. Robertson might be a 70-80pt player, which is all fine.

I think you'll come down to earth, but you could finish 8-3 at the end of this 5 week stretch and still be tops in the league. I think you should be looking at adding to your team for a championship run, and not "I gotta wait to see if I should".
    I agree, I should add I just beat the #4 team 6-5 despite a terrible statistical week. Again, more luck as I see it. I'm waiting on a few teams to really fall behind before looking at making a move. Hopefully I can jump on their desperation.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Technically, you can only face 5 of the top 6 coming up, since you're #1, right?

Scheduling luck is real, and you have to love it when it smiles on you, because it often bites you. I once put up 3 of the 5 highest (1st, 3rd, 5th) weekly scores for an entire season in football league, and went 1-2 in those 3 weeks because the only teams that could've beaten me during the whole season played me both times. I did make the playoffs and won, but it was dicey.

Seriously, your team is pretty decent. Goaltending looks solid enough, and things could start clicking better for some of the stars.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Technically, you can only face 5 of the top 6 coming up, since you're #1, right?

Scheduling luck is real, and you have to love it when it smiles on you, because it often bites you. I once put up 3 of the 5 highest (1st, 3rd, 5th) weekly scores for an entire season in football league, and went 1-2 in those 3 weeks because the only teams that could've beaten me during the whole season played me both times. I did make the playoffs and won, but it was dicey.

Seriously, your team is pretty decent. Goaltending looks solid enough, and things could start clicking better for some of the stars.
    LOL Yes, good point

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Star

So I ended up going 3-1-1 vs the other teams currently in the top 6 and still sit in 1st with a 6-1-1 record, despite still being middle of the pack in goals and assists. I think what's saving me is that I have a well rounded team with solid goalies. Some of my disappointing studs are finally starting to heat up, while hot players like Konecny have cooled off and now I have to deal with an injury to Hill....hopefully nothing severe. I plucked Kane off the wire hoping to catch lightning in a bottle, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko