Thread: Hronek for Kreider and Letang

Dobber Sports Rookie

Question Hronek for Kreider and Letang

One-Year Points League with hits/blocks. Need another good Defender.

Got offered: Hronek
    For: Letang and Kreider

Haven't seen any Canucks games this year so far so would be nice if you could give me your thoughts.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Hronek for Kreider and Letang

I think your giving up way too much, he is trying to sell high on Hronek's hot start to the season. Kreider is doing good and Letang seems to of picked it up lately.
    14 Team H2H pts keep 12 plus 10 minors
    Skaters G, A, Blk, FOW, HIT, STP, PIM, Tk, SOG. bonus for D pts
    Goalies GA, SV, SHO, W, OL

C - Aho,
    Danault, Granlund, Seguin, Domi
    LW- Nichushkin, Svechnikov, Vatrano, Palat, Marchment
    RW -Rust, M Tkachuk, Konecny, Pavelski, Ehlers
    D - Carlson, Seider, Karlsson, Ekblad, Krug, Manson, Gudas, Walman
    G - Georgiev, Vanecek, Talbot, Daccord
    M - Gauthier, Savoie, Kasper, Nazar, Bolduc, Bystedt, Cossa, Daws

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    I think your giving up way too much, he is trying to sell high on Hronek's hot start to the season. Kreider is doing good and Letang seems to of picked it up lately.
    I agree - too much to give. I have Hronek in two different one-year leagues and would trade him for Letang and Kreider in both. I think Hronek will continue to do well but will not be PPG by season's end so expect some regression.

Dobber Sports Genius

I have watched all the Canucks games and Hronek has looked excellent. Will he be PPG? No. Can he continue at 50ish point pace, I would say yes. He's playing with Hughes on even strength, on the 2nd PP while getting spot duty on PP1 occasionally and is averaging over 24 minutes a game.

Now back to the offer. I think Krieder is also due for some regression he's got 10 goals on 40 shots, a 25% shooting average. He did maintain a 20% the year he scored 50 goals but his career average is 15%, which is high in it's own right. If he's shooting career average then he drops down to 6 goals. Which would give him a more reasonable 30 goal and 56 point pace, note besides 1 year he has never had more then 54 points in a season. So this is what I value Kreider as.

Now Letang. He's a lot harder to predict. If Karlsson stay's healthy I think what you see from him right now is his ceiling but if Karlsson get's injured and he jumps up to PP1 expect him to be 60ish + D. However, with that being said Letang isn't the model of health either and is just as likely to miss time as Karlsson.

With all this being said I slightly prefer Hronek over Letang. So it come's down to if you trade these two players who is the replacement on the wire for Kreider? If you can get a similar player to what his actual value is, then it's a fair trade but not a homerun. I would maybe counter with Kreider/a lesser D on your roster then Letang and see if he bites.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

You’re giving up too much. It would need balance to be a fair trade. Hronek is good but not this good.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch