Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Oilers aren't making the playoffs, right?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Oilers aren't making the playoffs, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Right.

Good, safe answer there. LOL.
    I know you feel you’re entitled to an answer, I would simply suggest you are not. There’s really no reason or benefit to answer questions you demand answers to, simply because you demand it. I’m sorry this trying time must be tough for you.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I know you feel you’re entitled to an answer, I would simply suggest you are not. There’s really no reason or benefit to answer questions you demand answers to, simply because you demand it. I’m sorry this trying time must be tough for you.
    You're such a microcosm of Calgarians...lol

The Great One

Couple of classic non-answer snarky posts here. Be better ratay.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I don't feel I'm entitled to anything, nor does it bother me as much as you may think. I thought it was a pretty simple question. I get it. You're willing to criticize and be critical of certain reporters, but not willing to expose who you think are "good media" by naming actual names for rear of being criticized yourself. I think everyone here can see that now.

Also, the fact that you aren't an Oilers fan means you probably rarely listen to Oilers reporters all that often anyway, so it's hard to take your opinion seriously. You get bits and pieces and make uneducated opinions based on limited knowledge.

It's all good. My day will go on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

A streak like this is a good way to sort of reset the counter for Edmonton. They still need to keep their foot on the pedal, but with a so-so crop of potential wildcard teams they have a decent shot.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    A streak like this is a good way to sort of reset the counter for Edmonton. They still need to keep their foot on the pedal, but with a so-so crop of potential wildcard teams they have a decent shot.
    It's amazing how this team does this. They are capable of such brilliance and dominance, and at the same time capable of such abysmal play. I have never seen anything like it. It was the same thing last year. I don't doubt that they will make the playoffs now, but clearly something needs to change before they win another cup. I don't get it...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

Oilers playoff probability on hockey reference is now up to 48.2%
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    For the sake of my fantasy team (Mcjesus, RNH, Nurse, EKane), I hope they at least make it interesting lol
    Definitely pleased with the turnaround. Im currently in first place in my main league hahaha.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oilers playoff probability on hockey reference is now up to 48.2%
    Definitely up a lot but since they are on very hot streak now, cooldown is coming at some point and it will set them back a bit again...they really dug big hole to start the season and while i never count out 2 best players in the league, i think they still have deep hole to climb. There will be ups and downs.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    It's amazing how this team does this. They are capable of such brilliance and dominance, and at the same time capable of such abysmal play. I have never seen anything like it. It was the same thing last year. I don't doubt that they will make the playoffs now, but clearly something needs to change before they win another cup. I don't get it...

Rylant
    They are sort of like the current Islanders, except the Isles do it with defense. And when the defense is bad, they are bad.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    they need to trade Draisaitl to acquire depth, particularly an upgrade in goal.
    I don’t think they will do that. If they are going to make the push for the playoffs and then if they get in a run in the playoffs they will need both Draisaitl and McDavid. Now moving RNH is definitely an option for possibly a goalie if Skinner is not the answer or if he is than moving RNH move pieces for depth.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Kreids Fan View Post
    I don’t think they will do that. If they are going to make the push for the playoffs and then if they get in a run in the playoffs they will need both Draisaitl and McDavid. Now moving RNH is definitely an option for possibly a goalie if Skinner is not the answer or if he is than moving RNH move pieces for depth.

The team is trash and they should trade both McDavid and Draisaitl, preferably for some depth defense and a 3rd string goaltender.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The team is trash and they should trade both McDavid and Draisaitl, preferably for some depth defense and a 3rd string goaltender.
    I agree the defense needs help, but not at the expense of destroying the offense. The offense has other pieces to it that could get some help on for the defense including RNH and a few others. They get rid of McDavid and Draisaitl for upgrades on the defense then they become a team like the New York Islanders.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Did they move ahead of the Flames last night?

Asking for a friend.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Kreids Fan View Post
    I agree the defense needs help, but not at the expense of destroying the offense. The offense has other pieces to it that could get some help on for the defense including RNH and a few others. They get rid of McDavid and Draisaitl for upgrades on the defense then they become a team like the New York Islanders.
    It was a joke.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."