Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Oilers aren't making the playoffs, right?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Oilers aren't making the playoffs, right?

Like it was said in the beginning of this thread, anything can happen when you have McDavid and Drasaitl on your team. Hope they broke the 17 games NHL record.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Immortal

What a run. Sign Holland for 10 more!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Playoff Odds:
    Edmonton - 95.8%
    Calgary - 8.5%
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I think even the most ardent Oilers fan didn't see this turnaround coming. What a roller coaster ride. So you're saying there's a chance, lol!
    I definitely didn't. I figured they would get the standard new coach bump and then tail off again. The most surprising part to me is the defensive play.

Dobber Sports Deity

I expected a turnaround, but nothing this drastic. This is no way their start to the season, when everyone was losing their mind, was indicative of the team's true expectations. You don't go from being an expected Stanley Cup contender by many, to straight up missing the playoffs, so yes, it was just a funky start.

Right now, their D is playing lights out and Skinner is standing on his head. The offense still hasn't really kicked in yet. In the betting world, you'll usually see the Oilers scores sitting around an over 6.5 total goals for both teams combined. Their last 10 games have all been an under the 6.5 total goals. That means they aren't giving up goals, but really aren't lighting up the other team either. Crazy how they are winning these games on this streak. It's all about fixing their issues in their own end, which so far has been the real story to their season in my opinion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

McDavid and Draisaitl aren't cheating insanely offensively. Makes a huge difference when those guys aren't cheating.

It's also weird that their PP isn't as automatic as it has been in the past. Could also be triggering the lower offensive output.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Nobody excepted a streak like this obviously. I expected a marked improvement once Woodcroft was fired (mainly due to a market correction).
    I expected them to take the rest of the season to sneak into a Wildcard or #3 seed and then be a dangerous team in the playoffs. I also expected this based on normalizing of defensive play and McDavid and Draisaitl going all world.

The streak is next level, all-time impressive. and what is equally impressive is the WAY in which they have won during the streak:
    - Skinner has found his game - not overly surprising
    - Dman play is much better, gone from bottom-5 to probably top-10. A marked improvement. Full credit to Paul Coffey here. I hated the hire because the Oilers have been burned too many times previously by Old Boys Club hires but he has done a tremendous job.
    - Team Defensive zone play is better, consistent and reliable.
    - The PP has been just good by Oiler standards. Which is an excellent prospect if it really gets going.
    - McDavid and Leon offensively have been their usual great, but not above by their standards (22 and 20 points each in last 15 GP)
    - 3rd and 4th line guys have been hitting --> big difference from previous seasons.
    Warren Foegele has 15 points in 15 GP
    Zach Hyman has 16 P in 15 GP

I think Hyman crushing it with McDavid, Leon running the 2nd line as Centre, and the bottom-6 contributing offensively makes this team very scary.

Outside of a few garbage periods, this team has looked unbeatable since the streak started. Now if Connor Brown could just do something, ANYTHING offensively their would be literally nothing for Oiler fans to complain about.

Also, remember this one for NHL trivia. The only player in NHL history to be a part of multiple 15-game winning streaks is Sam freaking Gagner!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    McDavid and Draisaitl aren't cheating insanely offensively. Makes a huge difference when those guys aren't cheating.

It's also weird that their PP isn't as automatic as it has been in the past. Could also be triggering the lower offensive output.
    PP has been ho-hum this year so they have really learned to win those 'one goal' games, but the PK has been elite. Go figure!

Dobber Sports All-Star

I’m glad they turned it around. To me they are playing great team defense. Skinner is holding his own and very delighted Nurse has been strong defensively. This is the type of team that can do serious damage in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Sage

Guess NHL.com streak column maxes out at 10...
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24