faber
    j.carlson
    Vasilevski
    georgiev
    gustavsson
    lyon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Batherson vs gaudreau

I am surprised you can get anyone for Gaudreau right now. I tried shopping him, no one wants him in my league. I am seriously thinking of dumping him. Bad team, and linemates no where near as good as when he was in Calgary, and potentially years away from having linemates of that calibre.

---edit---
    sorry noticed you had batherson. I wouldn't move him for Gaudreau straight up. See if there is a sweetener that can be included.
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a keeper, I don’t think you will be able to get Gaudreau for Batherson, unless the Gaudreau owner is emotional and frustrated and not a good fantasy gm at all.

But if you can get Gaudreau for that, I wish you already accepted before the other gm get some rational advise from others.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

The Great One

This is a tough one. Points only here I go with the best PFT and that’s Gaudreau.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Muir View Post
    In a keeper, I don’t think you will be able to get Gaudreau for Batherson, unless the Gaudreau owner is emotional and frustrated and not a good fantasy gm at all.

But if you can get Gaudreau for that, I wish you already accepted before the other gm get some rational advise from others.

I didn't qualify my statment/perspective in my first reply, and I should have, sorry. So here is where I was coming from. I think that it depends on circumstances of the league. If it is a cap league (which I take this isn't), you have 9.5 million for Gaudreau and about half of that for Batherson. Many just can't see Gaudreau reaching the heights he had in Calgary with Columbus. This is a bad team, with linemates no where near Lindholm and Tkachuk (at least not right now). He was brought in to be the big gun, but last year, the first with Columbus, while he had the most points on the team with 74, he produced his 5th best season on record. This year, early, I know, he has 1 goal so far and has been benched at least once thus far. Will the team improve with Fantilli and the rest? YES, eventually. Can you as an owner afford to hold on to him with cap constraints until that happens? Not so sure, depends on your circumstance. That is the position I was coming at it from, and this is the position I am in. I am really torn about it to be honest, because as an owner of Gaudreau from day 1 of his career, I know what he can do, just not sure he will do it again any time soon.

Players
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Titan

Call me crazy but I would go Batherson. I rather a consistent 60pt guy than what Gaudreau is providing. Then in a keeper, Tarasenko is gone next yr elevating Batherson into the top 6 again. Batherson is even getting more minutes than Tara (PP minutes), so there's even a chance Batherson and Tara flip spots this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Call me crazy but I would go Batherson. I rather a consistent 60pt guy than what Gaudreau is providing. Then in a keeper, Tarasenko is gone next yr elevating Batherson into the top 6 again. Batherson is even getting more minutes than Tara (PP minutes), so there's even a chance Batherson and Tara flip spots this yr.
    Is the Hockey Canada risk gone from Batherson now?

Depending on that risk level, its hard to not want to go with the former 100 point player.

He is going to likeley have another 100 point campaign in his career, but he might have some down years bettern like he did between his 99 point season and his 115 point season.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That is a very good point about Batherson. Last I heard, there is an appeal happening. What that means is anyone guess.

With regards to Gaudreau, I don't know if he will have another 100 pt season. He has had effectively 2 (115 and 99) in 10 seasons and a point per game player effectively 4 times (leaving out his one game played in 2013-14). I have him on my team. I am hoping for the best, but to honest, I am not optimistic. I started him this week for example, because they are playing 4 games, and he has gotten me nothing thus far. I don't know that I will be starting him again over the likes of my other eligible LW (well maybe except for Hoglander).

Players
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the internet sleuths found out it's not him. I forget the 5, but Batherson wasn't one of them. So I feel like it's either going to be the whole 2018 team getting punished (which I doubt) or not Batherson.

And Batherson has the potential to hit 70pts pretty safely if he gets to the spot where Tarasenko is. And then his ceiling is probably ppg player. I would think Batherson hitting his ceiling has a higher chance than Gaudreau hitting his again.

Home run = Gaudreau
    Double = Batherson

Up to you what you want to swing for.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by pdel21 View Post
    I didn't qualify my statment/perspective in my first reply, and I should have, sorry. So here is where I was coming from. I think that it depends on circumstances of the league. If it is a cap league (which I take this isn't), you have 9.5 million for Gaudreau and about half of that for Batherson. Many just can't see Gaudreau reaching the heights he had in Calgary with Columbus. This is a bad team, with linemates no where near Lindholm and Tkachuk (at least not right now). He was brought in to be the big gun, but last year, the first with Columbus, while he had the most points on the team with 74, he produced his 5th best season on record. This year, early, I know, he has 1 goal so far and has been benched at least once thus far. Will the team improve with Fantilli and the rest? YES, eventually. Can you as an owner afford to hold on to him with cap constraints until that happens? Not so sure, depends on your circumstance. That is the position I was coming at it from, and this is the position I am in. I am really torn about it to be honest, because as an owner of Gaudreau from day 1 of his career, I know what he can do, just not sure he will do it again any time soon.
    I do understand the way you see that, but I disagree. I think Fantilli will be pretty good before Gaudreau is gonna be too old to be relevant and Laine will eventually play more than 60 games with them before getting hurt…lol
    So I do see 1-2 seasons of 90+ points from Gaudreau and maybe more. I watched him play and he got some bad luck by hitting posts, he could had a couple more points to be honest. But as others, I will bench him because of his salary until things get better for him…maybe not this year but I want him more than Baterson next year, and I don’t even consider to suspension threat.
    Didn’t mean to insult you btw, sorry if it sound like that, I am not good in english so sometime I am lazy explaining myself lol
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

no worries!

Players
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny