Thread: Trading Bobrovsky. getting multiple offers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Trading Bobrovsky. getting multiple offers

Hi folks
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Wyatt Johnston C, Novak C IR, Staal C, Duchene C/RW, Cozens C/RW, Lafreniere LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, DeAngelo D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Goalies count for 40% of the weekly cats. Its a league that favors players with FOW since it is the only easily controllable peripheral category and you can Plays a lot of C's with the positions of C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util. Goalies are very valuable in this league since its 14 teams and most keep 2 or 3 due to them counting for 40% of the score. Waivcers are bare. Best goalies on waivers are Mackenzie Blackwood , jake Allen, Mrazek, and Jonathan Quick.

I have 4 different GM's messaging me about Bobrovsky. Looking for guidance on my thoughts. Do i pull the trigger on one of these or keep Bob.

What is the timeline for Andersen returning from blood clots and getting Kochetkov demoted again? I've heard some cases clear up quick and others mean a person must be on blood thinners for 6 months....
    I can return Bob + almost any skater I choose on my roster

GM #1 is offering: Andersen(on IR) + Dobson + his 1st round pick. He is currently last place and really needs a goalie. He said no to trading any of Schiefele, Tkachuk or Kaprisov. He also has Monahan, Vatrano, Boeser, Fiala, Carlson(Dman) Talbot and Varlamov

Pros for this trade in my mind. If Andersen returns, I still have the Carolina net. if he doesn't return, I can ice an extra skater while carrying 2 goalies. Dobson is an upgrade over DeAngelo and his pick is currently 1st overall. Feels like insurance for Kochetkov this year, a Dman upgrade and a high pick for next year. but cons are downgrades my goalie volume cats

GM #2 is offering: Vanecek + Durzi or Danault + 1st. He is currently middle of the pack. He won't be trading me Pasta or Kucherov, but he also has Barzal, Teravainen, Bjorkstrand, Hamilton

Pros for this trade. Vanecek is on a good team missing its top 2 Centers and will probably turn it around. People panicked and dropped him last year too. Durzi is better than DeAngelo currently, and Danault would be better than Staal for points while getting FOW and i would be getting a high pick for next year. Cons are Vanecek has Akira Schmidt waiting to take his job. Fortunately, Akira sucks right now too.

GM #3 is offering: Raanta + Mitch Marner. He currently has only Raanta, Vejmelka, Merzlikins and Ingram and badly needs an upgrade in net. Its a rebuild year for him. He said no to Auston Matthews or Suzuki, but also has Nichuskin, Iafello, Malkin, Kuznetsov, B Schenn and Sanderson. I feel like I can get Sanderson included for DeAngelo. Doubt i can get a pick included since he is rebuilding.

Pros for this trade. Marner would give me a lot of firepower on top of what i have and Sanderson could potentially be very good. Raanta would lock me into a piece of Carolina's net for this year in case Andersen recovers and Kochetkov gets demoted. Cons are its a trade that only helps this year(no picks) and downgrades my goalie volume cats.

Updated
    GM #4 is offering....Hi Doc! right now Grubauer + Bratt + 3rd round pick for a 7th round pick? His untouchables are Bedard, Stuezle, Draisaitl . He also has Boldy, Terry, Jenner, Giroux, Heiskanen, Morrisey, Korpisalo and Dostal

Ive gotten like so many notifications and messages in the last 2 days and have been slammed at work that I haven't had as much time as I would like to make a choice and some are getting inpatient for me to make a decision.

Which trades make the most sense, or which pieces would you suggest I try to swap for with my categories and team? Appreciate any input.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Trading Bobrovsky. getting multiple offers

GM #3 is offering: Raanta + Mitch Marner. He currently has only Raanta, Vejmelka, Merzlikins and Ingram and badly needs an upgrade in net. Its a rebuild year for him. He said no to Auston Matthews or Suzuki, but also has Nichuskin, Iafello, Malkin, Kuznetsov, B Schenn and Sanderson. I feel like I can get Sanderson included for DeAngelo. Doubt i can get a pick included since he is rebuilding.

He's offering Raanta and Marner? This seems like the play here. Raanta/Kochetkov means you have the Carolina net. I hope Andersen the best but his injury being blood clot related has me worried about his return. Marner although not the best for these cats, is great for G,A,P,PPP and +/-. This seems like a great offer.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

He's offering Raanta and Marner? This seems like the play here. Raanta/Kochetkov means you have the Carolina net. I hope Andersen the best but his injury being blood clot related has me worried about his return. Marner although not the best for these cats, is great for G,A,P,PPP and +/-. This seems like a great offer.
    Should I try to get Sanderson involved to dump DeAngelo? I think he would go for it

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Should I try to get Sanderson involved to dump DeAngelo? I think he would go for it
    If he can go for it, sure. Just adds to what I look at as a fleecing. But if he balks the original offer is great as well.

The Magnificent One

A will say this is pretty interesting considering you couldn’t pay people to take bobo last season and now he is this much in demand.

The question to me is where do you stand in the standings and if this is weekly starts have you been using bob or has he been benched. If you are in the hunt this year I’d probably go with option 3. Getting Carolina goalies seems a good play and to get marner would help bolster your offense 10 fold.

If you aren’t in the hunt that might still be a great offer but if you can get a 1st plus for then it makes sense.

Just note if you go marner he might overtake zibs as a keeper depending your format and if he does I’d look to try to trade zibs later in the season for future upgrades if out of playoffs
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Wizard

first 3 trades are more than Bob is worth by quite a margin, #3 would be my choice as Marner is best player listed in your post.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    A will say this is pretty interesting considering you couldn’t pay people to take bobo last season and now he is this much in demand.

The question to me is where do you stand in the standings and if this is weekly starts have you been using bob or has he been benched. If you are in the hunt this year I’d probably go with option 3. Getting Carolina goalies seems a good play and to get marner would help bolster your offense 10 fold.

If you aren’t in the hunt that might still be a great offer but if you can get a 1st plus for then it makes sense.

Just note if you go marner he might overtake zibs as a keeper depending your format and if he does I’d look to try to trade zibs later in the season for future upgrades if out of playoffs
    I doubt he overtakes Zibby as a Keeper due to the importance of FOW in this league. Unless zibby really goes downhill fast.

I honestly was pondering if the owner would trade Matthews + Raanta for Zibanejad + Bobrovsky. He said no to matthews when I asked earlier.

Dobber Sports Stud

Updated
    GM #4 is offering.. right Grubauer + Bratt + 3rd round pick for Bob + skater + a 7th round pick?

Dobber Sports Genius

Updated
    GM #4 is offering.. right Grubauer + Bratt + 3rd round pick for Bob + skater + a 7th round pick?
    GM#3 man. That's the play.

Dobber Sports Stud

GM#3 man. That's the play.
    You've all convinced me pretty much.

Hypothetically, if I could talk him into Matthews + Raanta for bob and Zibanejad, what would you think of that deal? it gives him 2 keepers for 1 essentially and Matthews isn't THAT much better than Zibby, but he is younger and more of a goalscorer
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Genius

You've all convinced me pretty much.

Hypothetically, if I could talk him into Matthews + Raanta for bob and Zibanejad, what would you think of that deal? it gives him 2 keepers for 1 essentially and Matthews isn't THAT much better than Zibby, but he is younger and more of a goalscorer
    Yes of coarse. I get what your saying with Zibby vs Matthews. Sure they might look close on the surface but Matthews is younger, holds more trade value and pretty much will always have a higher ceiling. Add that all together and he's a way better own.

Two years ago I had JT Miller on my team for my league in signature. With his peripheral stats, he ranked 2nd in our entire league. Even last year, on what was a down year or maybe a more realistic year for him he was still ahead of Robertson, Kucherov and Mackinnon. This year with his hot start he's currently ranked 2nd again.

Do you think your getting any of the players I mentioned for him? Not a chance. Sometimes the perceived value vs the real value, only matters to the person who own's the player. You own Zibby, so you understand how valuable he is, anyone else though your trying to trade with, will likely relegate him quite a bit lower than his real value because of perception.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes of coarse. I get what your saying with Zibby vs Matthews. Sure they might look close on the surface but Matthews is younger, holds more trade value and pretty much will always have a higher ceiling. Add that all together and he's a way better own.

Two years ago I had JT Miller on my team for my league in signature. With his peripheral stats, he ranked 2nd in our entire league. Even last year, on what was a down year or maybe a more realistic year for him he was still ahead of Robertson, Kucherov and Mackinnon. This year with his hot start he's currently ranked 2nd again.

Do you think your getting any of the players I mentioned for him? Not a chance. Sometimes the perceived value vs the real value, only matters to the person who own's the player. You own Zibby, so you understand how valuable he is, anyone else though your trying to trade with, will likely relegate him quite a bit lower than his real value because of perception.
    I honestly think that trade would help him more as he currently only has 3 keeper caliber players. At least short term.

Matthews, Marner and Suzuki ....and Maybe Malkin. No goalie worth keeping.

If he trades me Marner, then he just has Matthews, Suzuki and Bob

If he did that trade at least he would have zibanejad, Marner, Suzuki and Bob

Dobber Sports Wizard

what am i missing here? all these trades sound so one sided....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    what am i missing here? all these trades sound so one sided....
    Agreed. I am not even convinced Bob won't be WW fodder by the end of the year. He has had an OK start to the season but over the last 4 years, he's been at best average and more time's than not garbage. I wouldn't be thinking about these offers too hard at all.

Dobber Sports Icon

GM#3 with the AM34 kicker please if not then still GM#3 by an easy margin.

i think the Good Bob window is closing soon...get out while you can IMPO
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)