Thread: Another McDavid offer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Another McDavid offer

For a roto auction league.

Offer is
    My Kucherov (145$), DeBrincat (66$), Jarry (41$), a 2nd
    Vs
    His McDavid (250$), Tarasenko (5$) or Hagel (5$)

It's a 1000$ budget for a full roster of 24 players

Kuch and Cat are keepees as they go up by 20%
    McDavid goes up by 35%.

Get the best player in fantasy even rhough I have to drop him at the end or keep my 2 guys? I'm competing for 1st and have a stacked team. Kuch elite, but McDavid wpould put me over the top
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Another McDavid offer

Instant decline.

While Hagel/Tarasenko would be keepers, I'd much rather have my money spread out here. If McDavid is injured at some point and the Oilers are toast, you become toast.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

My thought process as well for an auction league to spread out the money. But I do have Sorokin, Levi, Gustavsson, Dostal as well as Jarry. And can only start 2 a week. I have about 60$ loose as well and with McDavid would have 50 in this trade.

He already upped his offer, cause he needs a goalie.
    McDavid, and 2 of Horvat, Tarasenko, Hagel, Kempe all of them roughly 5$.

I would still have Pettersson, Panarin, Svech, E.Kane, Guentzel, Boldy, Zegras, Wilson, Benn, P Kane and add on the other guys.

It's a little more context. Is it still auto decline?
    I had the same thought, but with this context I was questioning myself.

Well, Horvat is a big step above those other guys, and I can see him as an super duper easy keeper moving forward at $5. His role & situation are secure.

That is a lot better. I like him better than any of the guys you're dealing at his cost, if he's around $5-10.

Who is the other guy you'd want? Could you deal some junk to get 3 of them, or is there stuff on the wire that's acceptable?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

well Mcdavid side is $5 more than other side...i dont think you can run your team trying to plan for injuries of bad preformances..im taking this if im you.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The only thing bothering me is the injury at the start of the season, is he playing injured or is it just a slump?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Patty93 View Post
    The only thing bothering me is the injury at the start of the season, is he playing injured or is it just a slump?
    I have no information, but my gut says lingering injury. If I recall correctly, he came back early from the initial prognosis to make the outdoor game. I've heard other people on podcasts say that he doesn't look 100%. Speculation, yes, but that seems right to me. That and the reverse PDO bad luck that the entire Oilers team seems to be going through.

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I have no information, but my gut says lingering injury. If I recall correctly, he came back early from the initial prognosis to make the outdoor game. I've heard other people on podcasts say that he doesn't look 100%. Speculation, yes, but that seems right to me. That and the reverse PDO bad luck that the entire Oilers team seems to be going through.
    Yeah he doesn't seem 100% and hopefully he doesn't end back on IR. Which means I'm rolling the dice in this trade and is the reason I got this offer, and I can't really wait and see if he pops off.

A no brainer usually but a head scratcher due to circumstance

Dobber Sports Ace

25% of the total budget for 1 player seems absurd to me even with the lingering injury potential aside. You better be getting 58% more production from a player that costs 58% more than Kucherov.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Titan

The difference between McDavid and Kuch isn't worth 10.5% more in cap in my opinion.

I'd stick with what I have, and I would actually go back and say "Kuch gets 120pts for $145 for $1.21/pt. McDavid gets 135pts for $250 for $1.85/pt"

I think Kuch for McDavid might be the even trade, or at least with a smidge of a sweetener. Then next yr it sounds like Kuch is going to be $174 and McDavid would be $337.50 which makes no sense to even keep McDavid at that amount.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The difference between McDavid and Kuch isn't worth 10.5% more in cap in my opinion.

I'd stick with what I have, and I would actually go back and say "Kuch gets 120pts for $145 for $1.21/pt. McDavid gets 135pts for $250 for $1.85/pt"

I think Kuch for McDavid might be the even trade, or at least with a smidge of a sweetener. Then next yr it sounds like Kuch is going to be $174 and McDavid would be $337.50 which makes no sense to even keep McDavid at that amount.
    Yeah I would have to drop McDavid 110%, but I have the space and if McDavid gets going I'm looking at 20-30 more goals, 50-80 more shots, more PP points. And salary is not an issue, my team would be full and I'd still have 50$ left. We're looking at stats only

Kuch would maybe be a keeper at 174, but guys like Tkachuk's, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Pastrnak, Draisatl, McDavid, etc. would be available at auction and no guarantee Kuch is kept at 174.

I just don't know if McDavid gets going and repeats last year...when in doubt stay pat I guess.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    25% of the total budget for 1 player seems absurd to me even with the lingering injury potential aside. You better be getting 58% more production from a player that costs 58% more than Kucherov.
    you are not wrong but if you going to do that, you also need to look at rest of the deal, you think debrincat ouperforms hagel or tarasenko 13 times?

i agree 25% to one player is crazy, but he is getting 2 very cheap , serviceable players with him
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    you are not wrong but if you going to do that, you also need to look at rest of the deal, you think debrincat ouperforms hagel or tarasenko 13 times?

i agree 25% to one player is crazy, but he is getting 2 very cheap , serviceable players with him
    You are also not wrong, but there is another player you left out. Even you're optimistic and you think Hagel/Senko = Debrincat/Jarry it still comes down to Kucherov@ 145 vs McDavid@ 250. There isn't even a cap savings despite the miniscule costs of the Senko and Hagel.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

I still take that deal if you can get Horvat.

This year, you get McDavid, and that could work out.
    Next year & the future is when the cap savings come, when you have Horvat & Hagel at $5 or so going into keepers cost rises.