Thread: Trading for Bedard (Will REP)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trading for Bedard (Will REP)

For league in sig. Is it a fool's errand to try and trade for Bedard? How bad of an overpayment would it take at this point? I'm pretty sure his current owner won't move him but I'm interested in at least trying. He expressed interest is MTkachuk but I don't think that would be enough. Not sure if it would make sense to move Tkachuk at all let alone add more to the offer. Should I just sit tight and be happy with my team or make an offer and see if I can nab Bedard? Will rep where possible. Cheers
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Trading for Bedard (Will REP)

Where are you in the standings and where you do project yourself to be in the short term? Are you in the title chase? Middle? Bottom? Your team gives the impression that you're in the hunt, which would normally lead me to want to keep what you have. You send out Tkachuk, then you've got JT Miller, Pavelski, and Tolvanen at RW. And then when Pavelski retires (which should be soon), you're hurting at RW depth.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Where are you in the standings and where you do project yourself to be in the short term? Are you in the title chase? Middle? Bottom? Your team gives the impression that you're in the hunt, which would normally lead me to want to keep what you have. You send out Tkachuk, then you've got JT Miller, Pavelski, and Tolvanen at RW. And then when Pavelski retires (which should be soon), you're hurting at RW depth.
    Echoing this.
    You do not list how many keepers you keep but given the farm system I'm going to assume you keep A LOT.
    Your team looks pretty strong with a lot of depth at both wings and a solid D-core and enough goaltending to get by.

Obviously adding Bedard would be nice but only at the right cost. Further, likely the team with Bedard is not contending right now and is rebuilding so he would probably need a massive overpay to move Bedard.
    That in turn, probably means you hurt yourself in the short term to get Bedard, which is not idea.

In short, of course it would be great to add Bedard but given your team looks like a win now, and if the Bedard owner is building it's hard to craft a trade where it makes sense for either team to trade Bedard.
    If you could do it for M. Tkchachuk along that would be a solid deal for you but again likely not possible.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm currently in 4th but not too concerned about the standings at this point. I just need to finish top 8 to make the playoffs and I'll have as good a shot as anyone. Fair point about RW depth. I'll have Mitchkov in 3 years and I can see Kaliyev making strides but nowhere near the kind of production of Tkachuk. I realize part of this is wanting to acquire the shiny new toy but at the same time Bedard is filthy AF.

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Star

From a strict asset management standpoint, yes, if you see Bedard as a 130-140 pt guy eventually, then the number of players you wouldn't deal to get him can be counted on one hand. The value move is to move heaven and earth (but not McDavid) to get Bedard. That being said, you're here to win titles and chew gum and you may be out of gum. In that case, in my opinion, the primary focus should be winning titles, even if you're not managing your assets with 100% efficiency. This means taking your horses and making the run, and letting someone else have one of the best players. Unlike Pokemon, you can't catch them all.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the great advice guys! Rep given

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I strongly recommand you not to try landind Bedard as his owner will ask for the moon.

But if you really want to, here is the offer I would recommand to offer to get a good chance to catch his attention:

Bedard vs Tkachuk + Tkachuk

Good luck!
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen