Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade: This should be a smash accept ..right?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Trade: This should be a smash accept ..right?

So... everybody wasted their time on this thread!
    Great - thanks boys!

The Great One

Which is why it’s always nice if you follow up if the trade is done or falls apart so we stop talking about it. Still a fun exercise though.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Which is why it’s always nice if you follow up if the trade is done or falls apart so we stop talking about it. Still a fun exercise though.
    You know I wish I could sit on a Hockey Forum for 24 hours a day. The trade went south late Monday afternoon. Up until then everything was still in play. However life happens and I had a 14 hour workday yesterday and was unable to update everyone / continue the discussion. It is what it is.

I appreciate the genuine discussion from everyone

If anything part of me is glad I did not give up Stutzle. This kid is gonna be a bonafide star in the NHL. However, my goalie situation still sucks and I need to come up with a plan B. Swapping out Heiskanen for Makar would have looked. Sometimes I just need to trust my gut more.
    League #1
    Yahoo 14 team Keep 5 Keeper League

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: , A, P, (+/-), PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C (x2): Bedard / Draisaitl
    LW: Stutzle
    RW: Giroux
    F (x2): Bratt / Terry
    D (x3): Heiskanen / Morrissey / Jones
    Util: Jenner
    G (x2): Korpisalo / Grubauer

BN (x4): D. Teows / Boldy / UPL / B. Schenn

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Full disclosure. I was the one who made the offer. I am getting offers left right and center for Bob, so I went out and made a few of my own.

It fell through because I ended up trading Makar + 1st for Mackinnon + 3rd today.

But my reasoning was trying to find ways to benefit both teams and at the time I only had 1 LW eligible player. Its a 14 team league where goalie cats count for 40% of the categories so everyone keeps 2, sometimes 3 goalies. The waiver wire is bare. The top guys on waivers are Blackwood, Quick and Montembleau. Even Mrazek and Gibson are eagerly rostered lol

Maurice likes to workhorse his goalies. Lyon is gone and Spencer knight is demoted. Bob is on a strong team with the top 2 Dmen out injured and is still winning and he played amazing in the playoffs all the way to the finals. Its valuable in this league because of volume categories.

Doc was running a bit of a goalie carousel. At times holding 5 goalies when you can hold 16 players total. Korpisalo, Forsberg, Grubauer, Daccord, and Dostal. He dropped Forsberg, but is still holding 4 goalies. Bob for Grubauer would allow him to drop Daccord and roll with 3 goalies, and thus, have another spot for offense.

Ive personally been rostering Kochetkov since trading for him at the beginning of the season hoping one of Andersen or Raanta went down, and now Andersen is out with blood clots. Heaven knows I am a huge Kochetkov fan and I believe he is going to be amazing so i was willing to gamble on him lol.

Bob to Grubauer is a significant downgrade in a league that favors workhorse goalies as far as I was concerned when I made the offer. Last few years when Lyon or Spencer knight were challenging Bob for the crease? Sure his value was lower. Now with Maurice coaching? Different story. Maurice will absolutely ride you once you earn his favor. He once started Andrew Raycroft 72 games in a single season and then the next season started Vesa Toskala 64 times lol

Hi Doc!

Figured you wouldn't mind me jumping in since that deal is now defunct lol

Thanks for your input ... I was really fighting with myself to accept or not hence the reason I was looking some thoughts and opinions.
    League #1

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+

Dobber Sports Stud

I did. A few hours later. I have a Scotiabank arena to run so I'm not gonna go on break the moment I accept a trade to post it lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    So... everybody wasted their time on this thread!
    Great - thanks boys!
    Nah. You put in good info before the other trade came along. In fact, you nearly repeated my sales pitch verbatim to the point doc probably thought you were me on another account LOL

But another trade came along and I accepted. It happens. Can't say no to Mackinnon for Makar in this league

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pilldoc View Post
    You know I wish I could sit on a Hockey Forum for 24 hours a day. The trade went south late Monday afternoon. Up until then everything was still in play. However life happens and I had a 14 hour workday yesterday and was unable to update everyone / continue the discussion. It is what it is.
    Well when you’re ready to get serious about fantasy hockey you come back and let us know.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It helps to reason out deals in progress, even if they aren't our own. Help us think about valuation.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well when youÂ’re ready to get serious about fantasy hockey you come back and let us know.
    Are you really serious with that childish comeback? Just because I don't bow down to your timeline there was absolutely no reason for that off the cuff statement. I'm sorry I don't hold up to your holier than though standards.

For the record your highness I am not no rookie GM here. I compete in 3 FHL's on a yearly basis over the past 12+ years and I'm the League Commish of 2 of them. You want to make a snide comment and be passive aggressive towards the situation then be prepared with a same type response back to you.

I have been nothing but polite over the several years I have posted on an off here.

Thank You
    League #1

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    It helps to reason out deals in progress, even if they aren't our own. Help us think about valuation.
    Thank You ..that is all I was looking for. Reaffirming how I value certain players.
    League #1

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Right?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pilldoc View Post
    Are you really serious with that childish comeback? Just because I don't bow down to your timeline there was absolutely no reason for that off the cuff statement. I'm sorry I don't hold up to your holier than though standards.

For the record your highness I am not no rookie GM here. I compete in 3 FHL's on a yearly basis over the past 12+ years and I'm the League Commish of 2 of them. You want to make a snide comment and be passive aggressive towards the situation then be prepared with a same type response back to you.

I have been nothing but polite over the several years I have posted on an off here.

Thank You
    As I said in my PM…this was a joke.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

As I said in my PM…this was a joke.
    Thank You ... I missed your PM earlier and I just read it.

All is good and I consider the matter closed. As an FYI .... I have learned over the years being a Mod over at another hockey forum that sometime when a joke is intented that a simple wink emoji or smiley face helps get the message across as not being serious and just maybe some folks won't take a post the wrong way.

Anyway ...thank you for the PM.

Like I said ... I consider the matter closed.

Thank You and good luck in your season.

~doc
    League #1

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So a couple things...

A) i think your desperation for goalies is clouding your judgement- and hey it happens to the best of us- but Bob is not some great goalie. In an extremely deep 18 team league the defending champ who has zero goaltending options didn't protect him. Hes volatile, hes very old and even if you got a great season out of him- hes a very poor keeper option- especially in a keep 5.

B) In the examples provided there were actually a few gems in there for goalies! Hill is a young guy who looks.to be running away with the job of uncontested 1a starter on a powerhouse Vegas team! I passed on him too- but man I'm kicking myself now- he looks great! You already mentioned swayman and what I like there is that even though hes tandeming again- the Bs don't look to have slowed down with Bergeron and krejci retired- by the time he's a starter (if that ever happens) the team still looks to.be very much a winner. Grubauer is not my favorite but if you're desperate for tending hes a serviceable option. My point is there are workable solutions here and I have to disagree a bit (respectfully)- but I dont think Bob is clearly better than most of them. As a keeper hes easily worse than hill and swayman...

C- Others have said it but ill add my two cents- adding makar would be fun but Heiskanen is no slouch. If you don't have makar hes on a short list of 5 guys you'd take immediately after. Meanwhile the drop from Stutzle to Hartman is catastrophic. In fact if you take anything from.this post it should probably be that you might be undervalued Stutzle here. Hes just about the bpa here for fantasy- I know makar is a force- but it IS close...

D- Last point is that there may be a workable solution- I wouldn't be adverse to including Bratt and Heiskanen for a package with Makar. Heck if you could get Bob added in hes a fine one year play too- but I wouldn't force if its not going. My reasoning is that you have some of the best "elite" forwards in the game as your 5 keepera- but Bratt is sort if a tier down from that. Don't get me wrong hes very good- but I dont think he hits the same highs as guys like drai amd stutzle. If you can leverage that into 9ne of the best dmen in the game id be all over it...

Hope that helps- and its great you brought it for a second opinion even when you felt like it might be a no-brainer! Thats a great way to stay in the wins column...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by CaveatEmptorer View Post
    So a couple things...

A) i think your desperation for goalies is clouding your judgement- and hey it happens to the best of us- but Bob is not some great goalie. In an extremely deep 18 team league the defending champ who has zero goaltending options didn't protect him. Hes volatile, hes very old and even if you got a great season out of him- hes a very poor keeper option- especially in a keep 5.

B) In the examples provided there were actually a few gems in there for goalies! Hill is a young guy who looks.to be running away with the job of uncontested 1a starter on a powerhouse Vegas team! I passed on him too- but man I'm kicking myself now- he looks great! You already mentioned swayman and what I like there is that even though hes tandeming again- the Bs don't look to have slowed down with Bergeron and krejci retired- by the time he's a starter (if that ever happens) the team still looks to.be very much a winner. Grubauer is not my favorite but if you're desperate for tending hes a serviceable option. My point is there are workable solutions here and I have to disagree a bit (respectfully)- but I dont think Bob is clearly better than most of them. As a keeper hes easily worse than hill and swayman...

C- Others have said it but ill add my two cents- adding makar would be fun but Heiskanen is no slouch. If you don't have makar hes on a short list of 5 guys you'd take immediately after. Meanwhile the drop from Stutzle to Hartman is catastrophic. In fact if you take anything from.this post it should probably be that you might be undervalued Stutzle here. Hes just about the bpa here for fantasy- I know makar is a force- but it IS close...

D- Last point is that there may be a workable solution- I wouldn't be adverse to including Bratt and Heiskanen for a package with Makar. Heck if you could get Bob added in hes a fine one year play too- but I wouldn't force if its not going. My reasoning is that you have some of the best "elite" forwards in the game as your 5 keepera- but Bratt is sort if a tier down from that. Don't get me wrong hes very good- but I dont think he hits the same highs as guys like drai amd stutzle. If you can leverage that into 9ne of the best dmen in the game id be all over it...

Hope that helps- and its great you brought it for a second opinion even when you felt like it might be a no-brainer! Thats a great way to stay in the wins column...
    Thanks for the awesome response .....

Agree ...I was letting my desperation for a goalie cloud my judgement. Unfortunately this ship has sailed as Makar is no longer available as another trade dropped. I WAS undervaluing Stutzle. Hence the reason I asked the Stutzle vs. Bratt comparison.

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have drafted Hill even though he was in tandem with Thompson (Keeper for another GM) instead of Grubauder who I thought would get ~60 starts. Swayman was drafted ahead of me since that GM had Vasi as a Keeper and needed a goalie. That enabled me to draft Bedard.

You provided some great insight .... many thanks.
    League #1