Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: McDavid

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: McDavid

Bedard might do that. But the issue is that if you're always trading the superstar for the guy who will eventually be a superstar, you don't reap the full benefit of the superstar. At some point to win (for most of us) you need to go with the guys you've got and bring home titles. If Bedard and Seider end up having the careers of McDavid and Pronger, then I'll admit that I was wrong and you should have made the deal. But 999 times out of 1000, that's not going to happen.

The thing is, if there's a problem on your team with FOW, then you do everything else in your power apart from trading McDavid to fix it. Make some imbalanced trade where you get pantsed with some lesser player. If that trade isn't out there, you have to accept it or keep plugging at offers until someone else cracks.

Dobber Sports Monster

I wouldn't make that offer, but if you are all in on Bedard you have the pieces to do it. You might have to give up Hughes - I know people will yell at me for even suggesting him as a piece to move, but I'm just illustrating that it is possible to make a deal without giving up the best player in the league. Whatever you do, don't move McDavid. Look at Crosby - 10 years older and still one of the top forwards in the league. McDavid is a better offensive producer than Crosby was in his (albeit injury-riddled) prime. You don't want to move him any time soon, even for a stud like Bedard.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Bedard might do that. But the issue is that if you're always trading the superstar for the guy who will eventually be a superstar, you don't reap the full benefit of the superstar. At some point to win (for most of us) you need to go with the guys you've got and bring home titles. If Bedard and Seider end up having the careers of McDavid and Pronger, then I'll admit that I was wrong and you should have made the deal. But 999 times out of 1000, that's not going to happen.

The thing is, if there's a problem on your team with FOW, then you do everything else in your power apart from trading McDavid to fix it. Make some imbalanced trade where you get pantsed with some lesser player. If that trade isn't out there, you have to accept it or keep plugging at offers until someone else cracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I wouldn't make that offer, but if you are all in on Bedard you have the pieces to do it. You might have to give up Hughes - I know people will yell at me for even suggesting him as a piece to move, but I'm just illustrating that it is possible to make a deal without giving up the best player in the league. Whatever you do, don't move McDavid. Look at Crosby - 10 years older and still one of the top forwards in the league. McDavid is a better offensive producer than Crosby was in his (albeit injury-riddled) prime. You don't want to move him any time soon, even for a stud like Bedard.
    I’m more clear now guys I will hold onto McJesus

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander View Post
    I’m more clear now guys I will hold onto McJesus
    The best deal you did not make.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    This is like his first cold streak in 7 years and you want to trade him?

FOW is a single category. You are benching a 150 point player in a league that counts G, A, Pts, SOG, TOI because he doesn't get as many FOW as Hertl or Lindholm? LOL

Mcdavid shoots 300-350 SOG and averages more TOI than most forwards in the league. Guys like Lindholm and Hertl shoot 170-200 sog a year and score LITERALLY half as much.
    Yeah this is what gets me the most. This is how you never win a CAT league. Smash everyone in the other cats and punt FOW, although you wouldn’t even need to do that. Deep breaths, find a D upgrade elsewhere and enjoy McDavid for another 12 seasons

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think you offer Hughes as the core of an offer for Bedard if you want to try something. Hughes is younger, and the Devils right now are doing better than the Oilers. Plus, this is a FOW league, and benching McDavid for Hughes is a bad, bad idea is FOW is your goal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander View Post
    Well when it’s Saturday night and I’m dominating in those listed categories and losing FOW yes obviously I’ll play Lindholm over McDavid.
    He's a huge part of the reason you are dominating those categories, so yeah on the last weekend days if you are way ahead. bench him for FOW. but good lord, you don;t trade him so he can no longer help you get that lead in categories LOL
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G