Thread: William Karlsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default William Karlsson

Hi all,

Can he be the 70pts player he once was or the regression will catch him soon? I would drop Debrusk.

Thanks
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: William Karlsson

Debrusk has been one of most disappointing players so far to me...i like Karlson to outproduce Debrusk by quite a bit this year...will he score 70? who knows, but im pretty sure he is the play here.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Magnificent One

I’d make that change especially if it’s an easy stream league
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I’d make that change especially if it’s an easy stream league
    This isn’t an essy stream league. I have one drop remaining for the year, but I can always make trade to grab extra ones.

Other options are Schenn, Bjorkstrand, Schwartz, R. Smith, Mathieu Joseph, Farabee.

The Great One

Look at Karlsson's shooting percentage, then look at his age, then look at his ice times, then look at his last five seasons, then look at his SOG rate, then ask yourself the same question.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Look at Karlsson's shooting percentage, then look at his age, then look at his ice times, then look at his last five seasons, then look at his SOG rate, then ask yourself the same question.
    man you got to stop with those number lol...

Look at Kuzmenko, Shooting % dropped a lot and he still almost point a game guy

Maccelli was garbage according to your numbers and he has been very good and he is actually playing even better than his points suggest if you see him play

Zegras is amazing with your underlining numbers according to you but yet cant produce

at some point those behind scene number dont tell the same story as play on the ice does....yeah i think Karlsson regresses bit but he still going to be above Debrusk im quite sure. But non of this has to do with a spreadsheet of stats...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well, another GM just dropped Maccelli to take Karlsson!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not surprised, I would pick up Macelli instead of Debrusk… he also has room to grow!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    man you got to stop with those number lol...

Look at Kuzmenko, Shooting % dropped a lot and he still almost point a game guy

Maccelli was garbage according to your numbers and he has been very good and he is actually playing even better than his points suggest if you see him play

Zegras is amazing with your underlining numbers according to you but yet cant produce

at some point those behind scene number dont tell the same story as play on the ice does....yeah i think Karlsson regresses bit but he still going to be above Debrusk im quite sure. But non of this has to do with a spreadsheet of stats...
    You have to be kidding, right? No one can objectively look at Karlsson's metrics and reasonably believe he can keep up any semblance of this pace.

And nice of you to point out my misses, of which of course there will be some. Where were you on my hits, of which there have been plenty? Or better yet, you write 3000-5000 words every week then come here to stand behind what you pen. Please do so - I can't wait to dissect it. Keyboard warriors......
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You have to be kidding, right? No one can objectively look at Karlsson's metrics and reasonably believe he can keep up any semblance of this pace.

And nice of you to point out my misses, of which of course there will be some. Where were you on my hits, of which there have been plenty? Or better yet, you write 3000-5000 words every week then come here to stand behind what you pen. Please do so - I can't wait to dissect it. Keyboard warriors......

im not point in out your misses …I’m simply stating that numbers are not all…sometimes your comments feel like you even don’t watch hockey and all you do is studying numbers

also would help to read OP …nobody says Karlsson will keep up what he is doing…but question is do u keep debrusk or take chance at Karlsson and gap is so big right now that that even if Karlsson regresses by quite a margin he is still better own this year

The Great One

im not point in out your misses …I’m simply stating that numbers are not all…sometimes your comments feel like you even don’t watch hockey and all you do is studying numbers

also would help to read OP …nobody says Karlsson will keep up what he is doing…but question is do u keep debrusk or take chance at Karlsson and gap is so big right now that that even if Karlsson regresses by quite a margin he is still better own this year
    If you wanted to say numbers aren't everything, then just say that. Go back and read your post. It was inflammatory.

Outliers are called that for a reason; and when someone has outlying stats given his other metrics, there is an objectively far greater likelihood that his pace is not sustainable. But by all means feel free to not take any of my advice. Best of luck to you. Please report back with how things went.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont see it that way but if you take it that way im sorry was not my intent...

and im doing just fine...i dont take advise from anybody based on numbers, i watch 2-3 games a night and i make my own decisions...i also never read any posts other than rumblings on Sunday as it gives me fast inside on many players and its only column i personally find helpful.

also Kuzmenko, Macelli, Zegras comments were not about your columns, as i said i dont read anything other than rumblings anymore. It was based on me, you and maybe some others going back and forth on Kuzmenko and Macelli last year on these forums and then your recent post on Zegras...

The Great One

i dont see it that way but if you take it that way im sorry was not my intent...

and im doing just fine...i dont take advise from anybody based on numbers, i watch 2-3 games a night and i make my own decisions...i also never read any posts other than rumblings on Sunday as it gives me fast inside on many players and its only column i personally find helpful.

also Kuzmenko, Macelli, Zegras comments were not about your columns, as i said i dont read anything other than rumblings anymore. It was based on me, you and maybe some others going back and forth on Kuzmenko and Macelli last year on these forums and then your recent post on Zegras...
    That helps explain things more and is appreciated. Best of luck, and I mean that in all honesty not sarcastically. I definitely respect people who can find success in fantasy based on their own observations, as doing so takes a very keen eye and understanding of both real life and fantasy hockey.