Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Place Your Bets: Will the SJ Sharks be the worst (1980 or later) *established NHL team in history?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Place Your Bets: Will the SJ Sharks be the worst (1980 or later) *established NHL team in history?

I said I wouldn't be surprised that they would reach 60pts earlier in this thread. That would mean 39pts in the final 53games or finish on an even point projection they are on right now essentially.

I don't think they get there, but I would say 50pts is well within their reach unless Hertl, Granlund or Eklund get hurt.

The big thing this team needs to battle is the mental battle they're going to go through. not many of these guys are mentally able to process winning a game once a week, and getting outplayed in 90% of the game.

51pts is my guess. 22-53-7 (finish off 13-36-4)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Place Your Bets: Will the SJ Sharks be the worst (1980 or later) *established NHL team in history?

If it's not too late to place my bet, my answer is no, and would have been if I saw this thread in November too. Too many avenues for wins/points to be that bad today.

Dobber Sports Novice

After the horrific start of the season the team has shown signs of significant improvement. The addition of Addison was a decent move and they do have some scoring threats in there lineup besides Hertl like Granlund, Zetterlund, Eklund, and Duclair. The goalies even have shown some decent play from time to time. They are much improved from the beginning of the season and they will not be the worst.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good thing they beat Montreal last week...
    After 12 straight losses, narrow win over MON... and skunked today against BUF.

I figure I'd post this to assure they beat CHI on Tuesday!

Current Pace: 43pts (23p in 44gp * 82gp)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What was settled as the benchmark? 31 points or 48? They'll obviously get to 31. I still think they'll get to 48.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    What was settled as the benchmark? 31 points or 48? They'll obviously get to 31. I still think they'll get to 48.
    Original post benchmark is 31pts.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

San Jose should pass 31pts (they'd need 32, since Quebec's was in an 80gp schedule).
    They'll get there because they do have these remaining games:

(3)CHI - Jan 16, Mar 17, Mar 23
    (2)ANA - Jan 20, Jan 31
    (2)CBJ - Feb 17, Mar 15
    (1)OTT - Mar 9

Just in those 8gp, they'll probably get half points... so that's 8pts.

Still... a very bad team.
    They are currently at -93 goal differential.

I believe the worst goal differential team of the 2000s was last year's Anaheim at -129.
    https://www.espn.com/nhl/standings/_...3/group/league

So... they should shatter that.

And maybe they aren't Nordiques-Level Bad... but I'm tracking just to track (& discuss).
    Because if they are even close to Nordiques-Level Bad... well, it's a special season!

Dobber Sports Titan

This SJS team is only going to get worse too with the deadline and early 'season ending surgeries' come February/March.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

They do... have Logan Couture... supposedly returning soon.
    That said - as somebody who is holding him and clogging an IR spot... it keeps getting pushed off.
    It'll be interesting to see how much game he has left!