Thread: Who should I swap?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who should I swap?

Hello all,

In a 13 team best ball type of league where rules basically work like a playoff pool (1pt G/A). You're allowed two moves throughout the year on injured players only. Have to be still injured on the first Tuesday of the month. Nov 7th will be the first Tuesday. When you switch out a player you switch out points as well. So if I want to drop Vilardi who has 2pts, and pick up Norris who has 5pts, I will actually gain 3pts right off the bat. Currently have Hischier, Laine and Vilardi injured. Thinking of dropping Vilardi and possibly picking up one of the following. Team in Sig.

Josh Norris - With Pinto out for sure now he become easily number 1 with no one to bump him. Does get injured often.
    Brock Nelson - Should be a reliable player to get me 60pts min. Not an exciting pick.
    Seth Jarvis - Playing good and on that first line. If he falls off there is someone there to replace him.
    Mason McTavish - Playing great so far, but questions surround if he (and the team) keep this up.
    Wyatt Johnson - I think he can be a great player but on a loaded Dallas team his upside for points in a league where I can't really drop him, might be risky.
    None - Last option could be just to hold and let it ride and see what happens.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    13 Team Best Ball. Pts G,A 1:1 Ratio. 2 Drops (for injured player) for the season. No Pos.
    Auston Matthews, Tim Stutzle, Nico Hischier, Adrian Kempe, Elias Lindholm, Patrick Laine, Filip Forsberg, Gabe Vilardi, Logan Cooley, Owen Tippett

The Great One

Default Re: Who should I swap?

I think several of those players would be an upgrade. The question is whether the upgrade would be substantial enough to make it so one of your two moves get burned. Given that rule, there will likely be players available of this caliber most of the season, so it's not as much a question of vanishing assets as much as whether to pull the trigger now or later. If it was me, I'd probably do the move for McTavish, as he's locked into the top six and don't forget Anaheim will have Killorn back at some point too. Jarvis looks great too, but as you said he could be hurt by the numbers game if he falters.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Who should I swap?

Thanks for insights. Ya hopefully I can see what the lineups look like with Killorn back. My only worry is that everyone gets healthy but don't produce, and then I can't make a move.
    13 Team Best Ball. Pts G,A 1:1 Ratio. 2 Drops (for injured player) for the season. No Pos.
    Auston Matthews, Tim Stutzle, Nico Hischier, Adrian Kempe, Elias Lindholm, Patrick Laine, Filip Forsberg, Gabe Vilardi, Logan Cooley, Owen Tippett