Thread: Trade Logan Thompson?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade Logan Thompson?

So I'm middle of the pack in my league, with the biggest problems currently being assists, PIMs and +/-. I was offered Bunting for Logan Thompson.

The offer seems a little light given how good Thompson has been, but I also have Demko and Hellebuyck. Curious to get some thoughts on whether I should even consider something like this - I don't even know who I could start Bunting over now that Svech is back and healthy. I should probably target a Center given how bad Zegras has been (and Thomas to a lesser extent).
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Trade Logan Thompson?

Since you are starting 2G you probably want at least 3 goalies on roster. But if you decide to move Thompson, Bunting simply is not enough imo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I stand corrected - the offer was actually his Bunting and Eriksson-Ek for my Logan Thompson. It's a bit of a bitter pill since I dropped Eriksson-Ek for Sam Reinhart early, and now I seem to be very weak at C. Still not sure it's enough though as Bunting may help in PIMs but not great in points. For context, centers on waivers include Zacha, Beniers, Evan Rodrigues and Tommy Novak.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

The Great One

The Eriksson Ek drop was quite ill advised. The other GM is probably correctly anticipating a reduced role for Bunting now that Svechnikov is back. This is not enough for Thompson. I like getting Eriksson Ek back but you need more for a solid value goalie.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    I stand corrected - the offer was actually his Bunting and Eriksson-Ek for my Logan Thompson. It's a bit of a bitter pill since I dropped Eriksson-Ek for Sam Reinhart early, and now I seem to be very weak at C. Still not sure it's enough though as Bunting may help in PIMs but not great in points. For context, centers on waivers include Zacha, Beniers, Evan Rodrigues and Tommy Novak.
    To me Thompson is type of goalie atm where getting two players back will not give you much quality. I think I would want one solid young skater back..Zegras, Caufield, svechnikov… something along these lines.

But again, in H2H start 2G, I want 3 solid options

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    So I'm middle of the pack in my league, with the biggest problems currently being assists, PIMs and +/-. I was offered Bunting for Logan Thompson.

The offer seems a little light given how good Thompson has been, but I also have Demko and Hellebuyck. Curious to get some thoughts on whether I should even consider something like this - I don't even know who I could start Bunting over now that Svech is back and healthy. I should probably target a Center given how bad Zegras has been (and Thomas to a lesser extent).
    I'd keep Thompson, you have maybe the best back up goalie in the league and maybe he works into the 1A
    Roto

C: MacKinnon, Stutzle

LW: Kreider, Forsberg

RW: Caufield, Reinhart

D: Dahlin, Hedman, Letang, Trouba

Dobber Sports Stud

Just because you have 2 solid other goalies, don’t sell short on Thompson’s value. Make sure you’re getting an appropriate return based on his value (none of the deals so far hit that mark).
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11