Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ridley Greig getting no love as a Calder candidate on the Calder Poll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Ridley Greig getting no love as a Calder candidate on the Calder Poll

Is there something wrong with him. He has not gotten a vote as of 1 pm CST. He is the leading Rookie scorer. +7. On 2nd Ottawa PP getting 1.53 mpg with Tarasenko, Giroux, Kubalik and Chykrun last 3 games. ES playing primarily with Tarasenko and Joseph last 3 anyway. Something up with him?

I have to put 2 rookies on my roster soon (no Bedard). One year league. Points only. Goal 1 pt A - 1. Positions don't matter. In the poll Cooley is leading vote getter with 8 and I'm putting him on my team.
    Some rookie scoring....Greig 7 pts/8 gp. Brink 6/7. Cooley 5/8. Poitras 5/8. L Hughes and Fantili 4/7. Knies 4/8. Carlson 3-4.

So I'm decided on Cooley.If you don't like him let us know. Which one of the other rookies listed would you want? Big consideration for me is if one of my rookies gets sent down I would have to use one of my only 6 trades to replace him with another rook. So it's a big deal, as important as points, that my 2 originally picked rookies stay in the NHL.

Thanks for replies. Will rep who I can.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Ridley Greig getting no love as a Calder candidate on the Calder Poll

I dunno, it's a crowded field. Certainly wasn't a Calder favourite entering the season and don't expect he'll be top 3 when all is said and done. But he is doing well and Pinto won't be back for a while, so you never know eh? But yes when Pinto returns, I don't know what happens.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Ridley Greig getting no love as a Calder candidate on the Calder Poll

Still early. The race will be much clearer 20 - 25 games in.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

it more to the race than points and Grieg does many things well...i dont think he can keep this up but if he does he could be considered.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ya, just checked last game lines and with Norris back Tarasenko played with him and Grieg played ES with Kubalik and Joseph. They did get 22.5 % of ice time. Should have caught that. Kind of changes the picture. Sorry about that. And thanks for mentioning Pinto pmorrow, I forgot all about him.
    So pmorrow...do you have a couple of rookies you like?

pmorrow.."I dunno, it's a crowded field. Certainly wasn't a Calder favourite entering the season and don't expect he'll be top 3 when all is said and done. But he is doing well and Pinto won't be back for a while, so you never know eh? But yes when Pinto returns, I don't know what happens."
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    it more to the race than points and Grieg does many things well...i dont think he can keep this up but if he does he could be considered.
    Thanks Belexus75. Are there 2 Rookies you favour in points only?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Still early. The race will be much clearer 20 - 25 games in.
    Thanks VincentVega. Unfortunately I don't have 20 - 25 games to make a decision...the 2 picks have to be in by Oct 31. Do you have 2 Rooks you like?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Unfortunately
    Thanks VincentVega. Unfortunately I don't have 20 - 25 games to make a decision...the 2 picks have to be in by Oct 31. Do you have 2 Rooks you like?
    Fantilli and Cooley.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Monster

Cooley and Fantilli I think.

Knies could be an interesting option as well

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

i fully depending on games he gets but from what i seen all rookies play Carlson looks like second best after Bedard...Bedard may not have most points but he is dynamic, you can already tell and Carlsson is not far behind but if he plays under 60 games that will really lower his value...

other rookie (i think he qualifies still) that is under the radar and maybe should not be is Rossi, one point less than Bedard in same amount of games and it took him 3-4 games to get into rhythm. I saw him life in Toronto few games ago and he looked very good. I missed Bedard's game due to mixup of the tickets believe it or not
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Cooley and Fantilli I think.

Knies could be an interesting option as well
    Thanks for your help pmorrow Not able to "rep". Appreciate you taking the time to post.

So Cooley is in and I still need one more rookie, it won't be Greig. Kind of surprised no one here recommended L. Hughes. He is 2nd to Cooley in the "CALDER FINALIST 23-24 POLL" with 7 votes (Cooley has 8) and 2nd in NHL rookie scoring. All the other skaters have 1 or 2 votes with Fantilli at 2. I think it's coming down to Fantilli or Hughes. If this was a keeper league I'd consider Carlsson but from what I read about how the Ducks are planning on using him, breaking him in, a week in the lineup a week out (which is stupid) I can't take a chance on him in a one year pool. Rossi is wait and see for me and I cant wait, so no.

So who would you want? Fantilli or L. Hughes? G-1 A-1 Thanks guys. Appreciate all the help you have given me over the years!

Dobber Sports Monster

It's a rookie slot right? Hughes is great but as a D. If the slot is just 'rookie' Im taking my chances with a forward, I think.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    It's a rookie slot right? Hughes is great but as a D. If the slot is just 'rookie' Im taking my chances with a forward, I think.
    Yep, any rookie skater. Positions don't matter. Thanks.

EDIT Post to read "Yep, any rookie skater except Bedard. Positions don't matter."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am confused as to if this is any rookie skater why Bedard isn't being listed. It seems that either he should be the first choice or if he is already taken then Cooley and Fantilli should already be taken. Regardless my ranking for who I think will finish with the most points as rookies would be:

Bedard
    Cooley
    Fantilli

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I am confused as to if this is any rookie skater why Bedard isn't being listed. It seems that either he should be the first choice or if he is already taken then Cooley and Fantilli should already be taken. Regardless my ranking for who I think will finish with the most points as rookies would be:

Bedard
    Cooley
    Fantilli
    Thanks for posting ratalor22. Ya, I can see how I was confusing by saying "Yep, any rookie skater. Positions don't matter. Thanks. " just above. In my defence I slipped up there but did say, in the first line of second paragraph in original post..."I have to put 2 rookies on my roster soon (no Bedard). One year league. Points only. Goal 1 pt A - 1. Positions don't matter."
    Again, thanks for taking time to post. Cooley and Fantilli are likely my 2 rooks.