Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: RIP Adam Johnson - dies as result of skate injury

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: RIP Adam Johnson - dies as result of skate injury

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Yes, of course the result was an accident, however, the action was not. It was a reckless and malicious attempt to stop Johnson with his skate. Petgrave's momentum was towards Johnson, so regardless of whether he lost his balance or got clipped, which would have propelled his upper body into Johnson, he consciously raised his leg into Johnson to stop him.

For Adam's parents sake, I wish it was an accident. It wasn't. If you sucker punch someone and they fall and hit their head on concrete and die, it's involuntary manslaughter. This was a 'sucker punch'.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/171...962693064?s=20
    Interesting comments in that link you shared.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Finally watched the video as I started hearing about "intent" and I echo everyone else aside from RT22 who is just trying to troll, notice how he used the word "worm brains".

This is a dirty play that was made with intention and resulted with un intended consequence (he didn't intend to slash the throat). If I was Adam Johnson's family I would feel sickened and hope something comes of it. Hopefully the media stops playing small and reports this how it stands. I heard the 32 podcast thoughts on it and they pretty much made Matt Petgrave seem like the victim.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Finally watched the video as I started hearing about "intent" and I echo everyone else aside from RT22 who is just trying to troll, notice how he used the word "worm brains".

This is a dirty play that was made with intention and resulted with un intended consequence (he didn't intend to slash the throat). If I was Adam Johnson's family I would feel sickened and hope something comes of it. Hopefully the media stops playing small and reports this how it stands. I heard the 32 podcast thoughts on it and they pretty much made Matt Petgrave seem like the victim.
    I wonder what 32 podcast's stance would be if this exact same thing happened and it was Sean Avery hitting Sidney Crosby.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I wonder what 32 podcast's stance would be if this exact same thing happened and it was Sean Avery hitting Sidney Crosby.
    It's funny you mention Avery he even stated when asked that he feels he was trying to make contact with Johnson. It's not that anyone here is saying Petgrave intentionally tried to murder Johnson but it was a intended action that resulted in a causality.

“That’s a pretty dangerous word to be throwing around,” Avery responded.
    “I’ve watched it, it’s terrible, it’s tough to watch. Did this kid make a move that was very unorthodox? Do I think he was trying to make contact of some sort? Absolutely.”
    “Do I think he woke up and said, ‘I’m going to murder somebody today?’ No.”

Dobber Sports Grand Master

No, Petgrave did not intentionally try to stop Johnson with his legs. He got clipped in a way that caused his balance to shift in an unorthodox way.

People on here thinking a player intentionally dropkicked another player and I’m the one that’s apparently trolling lmao.

Most importantly people on here are actively going against what professional hockey players and Adam’s teammates have publicly and repeatedly stated, which are the thoughts I am echoing. Unsurprising that CF18 doesn’t actually know what trolling is since it’s just part of his repertoire of buzzwords.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No, Petgrave did not intentionally try to stop Johnson with his legs.
    Yes, he did.

People on here thinking a player intentionally dropkicked another player and I’m the one that’s apparently trolling lmao.
    Who said he drop-kicked him?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Yes, he did.

Who said he drop-kicked him?
    If the action is considered intentional that would be the most accurate description of the intentional act.

Dobber Sports Pro

If the action is considered intentional that would be the most accurate description of the intentional act.
    When someone intentionally runs a red light they aren’t intentionally slamming into the car coming the other direction that they didn’t see.

If people think he intentionally kung fu kicked him in the neck, I agree that’s insane. But nobody is saying that. Read above.

I've read. People are saying he intentionally positioned his legs to make contact. If that is intentional, that is a kick. That is the fundamental part I am disagreeing with.

Dobber Sports Icon

Well, you're the only one saying that.

It was a intentional reckless action that resulted in death.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I've read. People are saying he intentionally positioned his legs to make contact. If that is intentional, that is a kick. That is the fundamental part I am disagreeing with.
    So do you agree or disagree with the running a red light example above?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    So do you agree or disagree with the running a red light example above?
    The running of a red light is inherently an intentional action. We’re not even talking about the same concept. The law agrees that running a red light and killing someone is involuntary manslaughter. As stated, I disagree that Petgrave intentionally intended to make contact with his legs, and therefore it is fundamentally different than the intentional action of running a red light.

Dobber Sports Pro

The running of a red light is inherently an intentional action. We’re not even talking about the same concept. The law agrees that running a red light and killing someone is involuntary manslaughter. As stated, I disagree that Petgrave intentionally intended to make contact with his legs, and therefore it is fundamentally different than the intentional action of running a red light.
    I get what you’re saying. I’m not sure if I share your perspective but I really don’t know. I hope you’re right. Petgrave’s history of lifting his skate in other dirty hits does give me pause. Obviously just a shitty situation all around.

Dobber Sports Genius

Most importantly people on here are actively going against what professional hockey players and Adam’s teammates have publicly and repeatedly stated, which are the thoughts I am echoing. Unsurprising that CF18 doesn’t actually know what trolling is since it’s just part of his repertoire of buzzwords.
    So calling people worm brains isn't trolling, I guess it's just part of your repertoire of everyday language you use to interact with people on a daily basis? Either way as others have pointed out nobody has used the term drop kick at least on this forum/thread. Also I gave an example of Avery stating he thought the player meant to make contact, which is clear. It's not murder but it looks intentional and a dangerous hockey play. Heck look at the video the guy has him lined up as Pengwin7 states well before the incident happens.