Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: RIP Adam Johnson - dies as result of skate injury

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: RIP Adam Johnson - dies as result of skate injury

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Again, you're wrong. If you are "brought in for questioning" (different from being arrested), you do not post bail. This is true in my local area (which you don't know where that is, by the way) and in the United Kingdom as well.

Sorry, try again.
    Do you know if (or if not) the goal was to arrest Petgrave to further question him, and to open up the ability to put him through the bail process to make sure he doesn't leave the country based off him not being a UK native?

They could have arrested him to start that process and to seize his passport, but still only question him. Hope that makes sense what I'm thinking the process was.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Do you know if (or if not) the goal was to arrest Petgrave to further question him, and to open up the ability to put him through the bail process to make sure he doesn't leave the country based off him not being a UK native?

They could have arrested him to start that process and to seize his passport, but still only question him. Hope that makes sense what I'm thinking the process was.
    I don't know, but I suspect that they arrested him for any combination of reasons:

1. Public pressure
    2. New information during the investigation (interviews with teammates, coaches, experts etc)
    3. Have an opportunity to charge him while in custody (sounds like they didn't, but still unclear)

There has to be something associated with a bail requirement. You aren't required to post bail if you're brought into an investigation to inform on it or as a witness. So, there are undoubtedly details we are all unaware of.

The fact that he had to post bail is the most compelling piece of information. You can be arrested and released in 24 hours without bail when charges aren't filed... not saying charges were filed, but there has to be something that required him to post bail and we don't know what it was yet. It could definitely be to surrender his passport as you said, but they'd need a solid reason to do that anyway.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is true in my local area (which you don't know where that is, by the way)
    Very clearly stated I have no idea what area you are in, so congratulations on at least reading ~something~ correctly.

I don't know
    Perfectly stated

we don't know what it was yet.
    Again perfectly stated. Anything else would be irresponsible and inappropriate speculation.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Very clearly stated I have no idea what area you are in, so congratulations on at least reading ~something~ correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/...eceives%20bail.

I realize the above is from a Canadian website.

Is this not the exact same as you trying to make me look foolish for posting a Canadian article... when I clearly stated that I realized that I knew I was posting a Canadian article.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

Just to make sure we’re clear here Ratay…it is your assertion that this is all normal due process in the UK. And further, that there is nothing here to indicate that the investigators have found something to make them see this as more than a “hockey play” and a terrible accident? This is correct?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Just to make sure we’re clear here Ratay…it is your assertion that this is all normal due process in the UK. And further, that there is nothing here to indicate that the investigators have found something to make them see this as more than a “hockey play” and a terrible accident? This is correct?
    I think I've been quite clear in my stance that nobody in this thread knows the answers to those questions, and drawing conclusions from the information that we currently have is irresponsible and inappropriate.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think I've been quite clear in my stance that nobody in this thread knows the answers to those questions, and drawing conclusions from the information that we currently have is irresponsible and inappropriate.
    Actually there are people who know the answers to some of this, but just not you.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Actually there are people who know the answers to some of this, but just not you.
    Right, in the world there definitely are people who know the answers. None of them are in this thread however, and the ones that think they do are just fooling themselves.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Right, in the world there definitely are people who know the answers. None of them are in this thread however, and the ones that think they do are just fooling themselves.
    No it's just arrogance on your part. You don't know certain things so it's not possible that anyone else does here.

The Great One

So your answer to my questions is no. You’re just being contrarian as no one on this thread is claiming to know what exactly is going on either. The evidence, based on everyone’s admittedly incomplete knowledge of the UK legal system, is that something seems to have happened during the investigation to have caused this person to be arrested and pushed this beyond the routine. If your answer to my questions above is no, why are you arguing with everyone?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports All-Star

A pretty good player agrees with the majority of us. Roenick explains it.

https://x.com/DannyJBauer/status/172...260162818?s=20