Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Adam Johnson - dies as result of skate injury

Dobber Sports Monster

Default RIP Adam Johnson - dies as result of skate injury

Former Pittsburgh Penguin Adam Johnson has passed away in a horrific skate blade incident. This is a person a lot of current NHLers would have known personally.

https://twitter.com/PanthersIHC/stat...5y4xIHm3Q&s=19

The Nottingham Panthers are truly devastated to announce that Adam Johnson has tragically passed away following a freak accident at the game in Sheffield last night.'

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: RIP Adam Johnson - dies as result of skate injury

yeah saw that this morning, horrible...we ever seen this before ?
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    yeah saw that this morning, horrible...we ever seen this before ?
    idk what exactly happened with Adam, but when Richard Zednik got his throat cut open came real close
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    idk what exactly happened with Adam, but when Richard Zednik got his throat cut open came real close
    well we know it was skate to the throat ...and we know he passed unfortunately but yeah not sure of further details.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Terrible to hear. It’s hard when something like this happens in sport. Zednik and Malarchuk both had bad skate cuts to the throat in the NHL. Malarchuk never played again and had some significant psychiatric fallout from his injury. Zednik returned to play. I have no idea what the medical readiness is like in the UK at games, but obviously Johnson just lost too much blood. Indeed just a terrible and freak set of circumstances. Tragic.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Monster

Adam Johnson and Jimmy Hayes were both on the 2018-2019 WB Scranton AHL team. A team that included Tristan Jarry, Sam Lafferty, Teddy Blueger and Calen Addison. You wonder how they're all feeling.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Watched the video, won’t watch it again. He had no chance at surviving that no matter how quick a trainer got to him (it was quick.) His carotid artery was completed severed no doubt.

RIP. Terrible.
    B2B Champ. Dynasty Pot Winner - only champ the league has ever had.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors:
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~Rousek~ Posposil~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Deity

I saw the video on tiktok. I certainly didnt go looking for it. For whatever reason, while I was flipping through, it popped up. Even with a neck guard on, he would have been in trouble. He probably wouldn't have died but he would have had some serious injury to his neck/throat area. Just a weird accident that caused the guys skate to come up after colliding with another player.

Condolences to his friends and family.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

So tragic. I'm feeling queasy just reading this thread...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow... so sad to hear.

I am glad I have not seen the video. I do not have the stomach for that kind of stuff.

Condolences to all those that were close to him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

There is a video of the incident on YouTube called Hockey "Freak Accident" or Murder (No Blood). I won't post the link here, but it shows something I've never seen in my entire life of watching hockey. It looked like the player (Matt Petgrave) kicked Adam Johnson, who had just entered the offensive zone with the puck, up high and caught him in the head/neck area. I've only ever seen skates get that high off the ice when a player is knocked off balance. In this case, it looked more like a karate side kick. It sure looks like it was intentional and the results are that a player is dead. I'm sickened from watching this and don't want to believe a hockey player would do that intentionally. If the video of what I saw is unedited and legit, then I would like to see Petgrave charged criminally.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    There is a video of the incident on YouTube called Hockey "Freak Accident" or Murder (No Blood). I won't post the link here, but it shows something I've never seen in my entire life of watching hockey. It looked like the player (Matt Petgrave) kicked Adam Johnson, who had just entered the offensive zone with the puck, up high and caught him in the head/neck area. I've only ever seen skates get that high off the ice when a player is knocked off balance. In this case, it looked more like a karate side kick. It sure looks like it was intentional and the results are that a player is dead. I'm sickened from watching this and don't want to believe a hockey player would do that intentionally. If the video of what I saw is unedited and legit, then I would like to see Petgrave charged criminally.
    I agree 100%. Watched it last night and the "check" had an eerie Bruce Lee feel to it. Not cool and in this case, deadly. RIP to Adam.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Westin Michaud @WestinMichaud

1/2 I need to address something about the accident. We wholeheartedly stand with Matt Petgrave. The hate that Matt is receiving is terrible and completely uncalled for. I was at ice level on the bench closest to the accident, I saw both players moving fast.

Westin Michaud @WestinMichaud

2/2 The unintentional clip of the Panther player's leg by the Sheffield player caused the somersault. It's clear to me his actions were unintentional and anyone suggesting otherwise is mistaken. Let's come together and not spread unwarranted hate to someone who needs are support
    Imagine thinking a player did that intentionally and thinking they should be charged. Sickening, brain worms level thoughts.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, I also saw the video, and in no way did I consider that to be intentional. It happens SO FAST there's no way he could predict getting hit and then finding a way to bring his skate up.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

The treatment of Petgrave online is absolutely disgusting.