Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Voronkov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Voronkov

Intriguing player in leagues that reward PIM and hits. https://www.capfriendly.com/players/dmitri-voronkov

Voronkov is already 23 with 3 years of KHL experience. Debuted on Thursday, had a fight with Wifi, an assist on the PP and ended up with 9 minutes of PIM.

Someone to keep an eye on, sneaky potential for points and PIM/hits combo.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Voronkov

Thanks for the heads up. I went to put him on my watch list, but I realized he got drafted in my super deep cap league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Strangely enough, I read an article on him just as the game was starting and took a flyer on him in my 24 team dynasty league (Pims is a category). If I'm betting, he'll top out as a 3rd liner, but it would be nice if he could slot in every now and then on the second line and PP2. Getting harder to find penalty minutes, so worth a shot.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Strangely enough, I read an article on him just as the game was starting and took a flyer on him in my 24 team dynasty league (Pims is a category). If I'm betting, he'll top out as a 3rd liner, but it would be nice if he could slot in every now and then on the second line and PP2. Getting harder to find penalty minutes, so worth a shot.
    He is already getting PP2 time. In last team practice, he got moved to the 3rd line with Sillinger and Johnson.

Dobber Sports Icon

He's worth a shot as he's either an NHLer or gone back to the KHL in December as he's got an out clause in his contract if he's not in the NHL as of Dec 1st (I believe).

Administrator

I've been sitting on this guy for years. Very excited about his multi-cat potential.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Am i missing something?

Ok he‘s got 9 pims and 2 points in 3 games.

But 1 shot 1 hit 1 block

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik18 View Post
    Am i missing something?

Ok he‘s got 9 pims and 2 points in 3 games.

But 1 shot 1 hit 1 block
    The relative scarcity of PIM, plus the fact that 3 games is a small sample size. For deep leagues, finding a guy who can help in a couple categories off the wire is great, better if they are minors eligible in a deep dynasty.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Voronkov has been getting more and more ice time with each game and playing significant time on the PP. 2G, 2A, 9 PIM, 3 Hits, 4 Blocks in 5 games. Signs are that he is getting more and more comfortable and the coach is trusting him more.

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news...h-blue-jackets

Afterward, head coach Pascal Vincent was effusive in his praise of Voronkov, both for his play and the way he’s been able to adapt to the game.
    “That guy is really impressive,” Vincent said. “The way he plays the game and the way he’s able to execute the system without speaking the language, it’s really, really impressive. He does a lot of things that probably we don’t see when it’s live, but when we watch the video, it’s quite impressive.”

Dobber Sports Wizard

2G, 5A in 9 games to go along with 15 PIM, 9 hits and 5 Blocks. Showing chemistry on a line with Fantilli and Marchenko and 2nd PP. Still not getting a ton of playing time, though. averages about 12 minutes.

Dobber Sports Wizard

12 points in 19 games, tied for 4th in scoring among rookies. 19 PIMs, 17 hits and 10 blocks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Haven't paid much attention to CBJ but caught some of tonight's game and he is an awesome player - maybe not pure points wise - but he is huge and agro.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Sophomore

as a long time Voronkov banger league dynasty owner, could really not have asked for a more exciting first half of a rookie season. Especially when it seemed like he might bail back to Russia for a minute

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Am I missing something about this player as a banger league option? He's racking up the PIMs, but he's averaging under 1 hit per game and barely over 1.5 shots per game.

EDIT: To clarify, I've had my eye on him, but because of his offensive performance. I've held off adding him because his peripherals (PIM aside) are underwhelming.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Puck View Post
    Am I missing something about this player as a banger league option? He's racking up the PIMs, but he's averaging under 1 hit per game and barely over 1.5 shots per game.

EDIT: To clarify, I've had my eye on him, but because of his offensive performance. I've held off adding him because his peripherals (PIM aside) are underwhelming.
    His TOI recently has been pretty low, hanging around the 12-15 minutes/game. Have to think that with 18 minutes, he can fill out the hits and shots. Although that may not happen until next year or after.