Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Lafreniere starting to figure it out?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Is Lafreniere starting to figure it out?

With the obvious caveats that it's a small sample size, Laf seems to be consistently playing well to start the season. He's not going to be shooting 40% going forward but he probably deserves a few more assists if his linemates weren't so snakebitten. The advanced metrics say he's creating more scoring chances. He's got a stable top 6 line with Chytil and Panarin. Still not getting much PP time. Rangers fans who seemed pretty low on him before seem more optimistic.

Do you guys think he can keep this up?
    10 team dynasty weekly H2H league no cap
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 Until, 2 G, 4 Bench, 1 NA, 5 IR+ (22 active roster spots)

C: Crosby, Hintz, Cozens (C/RW), Scheifele, Hischier
    LW: Draisaitl (C/LW), Forsberg, E Kane, Nelson (C/LW), Benn
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault (LW/RW), Tippett (LW/RW), Jarvis
    D: Seider, Hedman, Heiskanen, Chabot, Letang, Ekholm
    G: Saros, Thompson, Gustavsson
    NA: Levi

IR+: Landeskog, Hamilton

Prospects: Cutter Gauthier, Zellweger, Nemec

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Is Lafreniere starting to figure it out?

I think the Rangers as an org are invested in getting him and Kakko going this season.Putting him with Panarin has shown in a small sample that he can hang with him. Panarin can definitely drag that out of people lol. I think he could get to 50 points, maybe more in this deployment for sure.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Magnificent One

Would love to see him succeed but it’s the rangers. Outside of the big two or three we usually only see average point totals from ranger players. It’s just how they spread around the play. We have seen it for years.. take Buchnevich as example.

Always so much promise and yes he had injuries but the rangers just don’t have elite after the top few for some reason. Wasn’t till he move to STL were we are now seeing PPG level of play.

So yes laf is more talented and should carve out a nice career but don’t think we see the lofty totals we thought originally.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

He has four points in seven games, but points in each of the last three. Keep in mind that last season he had three separate stretches of points in three straight games, yet still finished under a point per every other game. And his ice time is unchanged, plus his SOG per game is down. I guess what I'm saying is a lot more needs to happen before folks can be believers.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

The eye test looked good yesterday. Made some really nice moves. I don't know what figuring it out for him will be though? I think he could easily develop in a serviceable middle 6 guys but is he top line? To early to tell.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Icon

hoping Kakko can also figure this out soon..i know the season is young, and so is he...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    The eye test looked good yesterday. Made some really nice moves. I don't know what figuring it out for him will be though? I think he could easily develop in a serviceable middle 6 guys but is he top line? To early to tell.
    I agree. I pay pretty close attention to the Rangers and he's definitely benefitting from playing with Panarin. I would be very surprised if ever lives up to being a 1OA pick but I can see him becoming a complimentary winger on a quality line.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

If you're looking for Laffy's upside, his first three seasons in terms of age, SOG and scoring tracked those of three players: Dainius Zubrus, Marco Sturm, and Taylor Pyatt. Zubrus and Sturm had a few pretty good seasons, but not until around age 27 and neither one was ever excellent. And of course Pyatt didn't amount to anything. Past results don't dictate future outcomes, but take this as food for thought.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Master

His shooting % is currently 40%. Im not saying his goals are fluky, but 40% cant be sustainable.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Had his first 3 point night of his career. Now up to 9 points in 13 games.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

People have simply been too short on patience with players drafted at #1 and #2 and #3 etc in past 5 years.
    They expect them all to pop in year 2 or year 3... like Jack Hughes.

A lot of these guys, Byfield & Laf, they are going to get there - just more in like 5 to 6 years.
    The lack of patience in the hockey world these days is astounding.
    The shift from ALL other leagues to the NHL is just massive.
    The biggest learning curve is figuring out exactly how much time you have to make decisions.
    Make them too quick - it's a mistake.
    Make them too slow - you get stripped of the puck or not an option to contribute.
    Everything has to be just right... and it takes a lot of time learning that.
    And it's not just learning/knowing... it's muscle-memory - this feeling of exactly how much you can do in fractions of a second.
    And once that's mastered... well, you're Tage Thompson.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    People have simply been too short on patience with players drafted at #1 and #2 and #3 etc in past 5 years.
    They expect them all to pop in year 2 or year 3... like Jack Hughes.

A lot of these guys, Byfield & Laf, they are going to get there - just more in like 5 to 6 years.
    The lack of patience in the hockey world these days is astounding.
    The shift from ALL other leagues to the NHL is just massive.
    The biggest learning curve is figuring out exactly how much time you have to make decisions.
    Make them too quick - it's a mistake.
    Make them too slow - you get stripped of the puck or not an option to contribute.
    Everything has to be just right... and it takes a lot of time learning that.
    And it's not just learning/knowing... it's muscle-memory - this feeling of exactly how much you can do in fractions of a second.
    And once that's mastered... well, you're Tage Thompson.
    PREACH

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by chinesespy View Post
    With the obvious caveats that it's a small sample size, Laf seems to be consistently playing well to start the season. He's not going to be shooting 40% going forward but he probably deserves a few more assists if his linemates weren't so snakebitten. The advanced metrics say he's creating more scoring chances. He's got a stable top 6 line with Chytil and Panarin. Still not getting much PP time. Rangers fans who seemed pretty low on him before seem more optimistic.

Do you guys think he can keep this up?

I think the line is Panarin-Trocheck-Laffy. Chytil on 3rd line. But yeah for sure he can keep it up. We are witnessing a breakthrough season for Lafffy.

Dobber Sports Master

kudos to Drury for having the patience required to develop KK and Laf instead of using them as currency

Dobber Sports Monster

Another good night. Two goals and a shootout goal. He still has to build that track record, but his confidence is on the rise. Stapling him on a line with Panarin will keep him fantasy relevant.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry