Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dobbers cancer back :(

The Great One

Default Re: Dobbers cancer back :(

Thanks Axe and Eskimo...I am not on social media, so don't have Twitter or Facebook. However, I was able to find Daryl's personal blog just now that thoroughly details his situation right up to the moment. Glad I found that so I can keep myself apprised of his situation.

Daryl talks about the progress made in treatment over the last 6 or 7 years.

https://darryldobbs.com/2024/01/02/round-2-begins/
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

Been wondering about how he is doing. Yes, thanks AXE and ESKIMO. And thanks very much for posting that link to his blog SEADAWG.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Thanks Axe and Eskimo...I am not on social media, so don't have Twitter or Facebook. However, I was able to find Daryl's personal blog just now that thoroughly details his situation right up to the moment. Glad I found that so I can keep myself apprised of his situation.

Daryl talks about the progress made in treatment over the last 6 or 7 years.

https://darryldobbs.com/2024/01/02/round-2-begins/

The Great One

I was under the mistaken impression that once one received a transplant, like he did previously, that one could not get another. Apparently though one can; either that or what he's seeking to have done now differs from what was done the first time around, or advancements have been made in the interim. I'm just relieved he has viable options, since in the twitter feed he said if he couldn't go this route now it would've been game over.

Sometimes I wish I was born 50 years earlier, in a time when there wasn't so much divisiveness, and people had simple but satisfying lives where they didn't have to check work emails off the clock, took actual vacations, and were able to earn enough to retire and enjoy their golden years. But then I get reminders - like here - that life during that era wasn't as perfect as it might seem.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/