Thread: E.Kane....wtf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default E.Kane....wtf

Was offered Vrana and Arvidsson for Kane and Domi.

I just don't know why Kane is NOT doing better than he is.
    Should I cut bait with Kane while he still has some shine?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: E.Kane....wtf

The dreaded early season slump reaction. No, don't sell him 4 games into a season because he's slow out of the gate. The Oilers in general are slow so far but it will come around.

Now Domi on the other hand, I'd be selling.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It’s 4 games lol. But in a vacuum I’d probably rather have Vrana and Arvidsson, I think Vrana and Kane will be close to a wash in a points only league, and Arvidsson (when he plays) will likely be more productive than Domi. Until he’s healthy, you can probably find a replacement that’s just as productive as Domi.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I agree with Axe, keep Kane and deal Domi to a Leaf fan if you can.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As a vrana owner... I would NOT advise buying in on him- especially for a guy like Kane who is almost assuredly going to rebound. Vrana is a guy I had very high hopes for but the reality is that he's only getting 13 minutes a night. He needs at 15 to be a real difference maker and tbh I think most guys who believed in him were hoping for even more than that. This is the part where maybe you say "he needs a trade" but we've already been there done that.

If it happens that'd be great but this is three different teams now. I still think his talent is top tier and thats shown by the fact that he is actually still producing- but with that deployment its just an illusion. Vrana is a watch list guy until he gets appreciably more icetime.

As others have said Kane always seems to start slow and id also add that every time the hockey community gives up on him he comes back with a vengeance. Thats a holdwith what you have for me...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by CaveatEmptorer View Post
    As a vrana owner... I would NOT advise buying in on him- especially for a guy like Kane who is almost assuredly going to rebound. Vrana is a guy I had very high hopes for but the reality is that he's only getting 13 minutes a night. He needs at 15 to be a real difference maker and tbh I think most guys who believed in him were hoping for even more than that. This is the part where maybe you say "he needs a trade" but we've already been there done that.

If it happens that'd be great but this is three different teams now. I still think his talent is top tier and thats shown by the fact that he is actually still producing- but with that deployment its just an illusion. Vrana is a watch list guy until he gets appreciably more icetime.

As others have said Kane always seems to start slow and id also add that every time the hockey community gives up on him he comes back with a vengeance. Thats a holdwith what you have for me...
    Thank you for this. I have decided to give Kane at least another month.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Deity

The McDavid injury might be a blessing in disguise for Kane owners. Someone needs to take his spot on that top PP unit and EKane could/should be that recipient.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I agree with Axe, keep Kane and deal Domi to a Leaf fan if you can.
    Bingo.

I'd be very willing to trade Domi for either of the 2 guys coming back, but as others said, I'd keep Kane for a bit, at least through McDavid's injury. Kane is likely moving off the 3rd line and onto the top PP, at least there's a chance.

Draisiatl is gonna be really tired for a few games.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The McDavid injury might be a blessing in disguise for Kane owners. Someone needs to take his spot on that top PP unit and EKane could/should be that recipient.
    Played almost 20mins last night, and over 5 mins on the PP. 1G (on the PP) and 1A.

This should be the wakeup call Kane has been needing.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Kane was so awful on the sharks powerplay that fans wanted him nowhere near it and would rather give rookies a chance lol.

He's in the honeymoon is over stage of his Oilers career(he got a contract extension). Every team he was ever with you would see this 1 year after his new contract kicked in. Soon the locker room problems will become public.

Jets fans tried to warn Buffalo fans, they didn't listen.

Buffalo fans tried to warn sharks fans. We didn't listen.

Sharks fans have warned Oilers fans. Waiting to see history repeat itself.

Kane is also 32. He might just not have it anymore.