Thread: Is streaming a must in weekly points leagues?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Is streaming a must in weekly points leagues?

My first year doing fantasy but had this question. In weekly leagues (POINTS), is it best most of the times to stream guys that will play in more games for your borderline players? I am a baseball guy and streamed all the time!

4 per goal, 3 assist, 1 PPP, 1 +/-, 0.25 HITS, 0.50 SOG

We start 5 F. I have 4 locked and loaded but my 5th is Huberdeau, with kadri, Fantilli, Cozens and Caufield on my bench

I was thinking of just dropping Fantilli or Kadri to add a F that has 3 games this week, like Hagel, Novak, etc.....

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Is streaming a must in weekly points leagues?

Streaming certainly helps if done effectively.
    I am confused by your post, is it daily start or weekly start? If weekly start then generally streaming is less effective, your guys will get either 3 or 4 games each week.
    If daily starts, how many moves do you have per week? If you have numerous moves you can turn one roster spot into 5 or 6 starts with effective streaming.

If you are going to stream your 5th forward spot the key is to maximize starts for that position in a week. If you have unlimited moves you can literally add a skater every single day, if you have limited moves you have to plan and could add a M/T/Th skater and then a guy who plays twice F-Sun. This may outscore an above average skater only getting 3 games. Given your scoring I would target streaming skaters who put up lots of SOG and have respectable +/- tallies.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Streaming certainly helps if done effectively.
    I am confused by your post, is it daily start or weekly start? If weekly start then generally streaming is less effective, your guys will get either 3 or 4 games each week.
    If daily starts, how many moves do you have per week? If you have numerous moves you can turn one roster spot into 5 or 6 starts with effective streaming.

If you are going to stream your 5th forward spot the key is to maximize starts for that position in a week. If you have unlimited moves you can literally add a skater every single day, if you have limited moves you have to plan and could add a M/T/Th skater and then a guy who plays twice F-Sun. This may outscore an above average skater only getting 3 games. Given your scoring I would target streaming skaters who put up lots of SOG and have respectable +/- tallies.
    Gotcha thanks

It is a weekly league. I just saw that Huberdeau had only 2 games and thought since I am points only that a guy like Hagel, Novak or someone else with 3 games might give me more but upon re thinking, I should just ride my stars I guess

I am new to this, learning daily and IN LOVE with it haha. This forum rocks

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would not be outright dropping Huberdeau. The first (partial) week is weird and dropping Huberdeau would be an overreaction to squeeze out 1 more GP.
    You can compare total points for guys on your bench who might play 3 GP to Huberdeau and compare, but yeah don't make an overreaction move for the first partial week of the season.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Great One

I find that streaming is something people think is easy, but keep in mind if you're wise to the idea so too will other GMs and the guys who play on off nights will be in short supply. I'm not saying you still should not do it, but don't think your fellow GMs will sit back and let you do it without themselves partaking as well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I find that streaming is something people think is easy, but keep in mind if you're wise to the idea so too will other GMs and the guys who play on off nights will be in short supply. I'm not saying you still should not do it, but don't think your fellow GMs will sit back and let you do it without themselves partaking as well.
    Yeah, I got burned a couple times trying to squeeze extra games out and then wishing I had the player(s) back a week or two later but some other GM had got the jump on me.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For your league, where you aren't worried about "off nights" (because you only start 5 forwards for the week rather than daily line-ups) and with G and A being worth so much more than the other categories, you probably just want to start your stars, who are more likely to outscore waiver-wire players even playing one game fewer (which is what it will probably be most weeks). Of course, depends on who is available to add.

Dobber Sports Stud

Something I also look at while streaming for hits
    https://thewincolumn.ca/2021/01/30/b...nt-nhl-arenas/