Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boeser predictions

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Boeser predictions

Looks like Boeser has been off to a good start in pre-season playing alongside JTM. As per DFO, he's playing on the 2nd line and PP1. What's everyone's gut feeling for him this season?
    Goals, assists, points, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, hits, blocks, goalie wins, GAA, Sv%, shutouts.

8 teams - Keep 6 in bold (including maximum of 1 goalie).

Kaprizov, Rantanen, Svechnikov, Larkin, Hischier, Horvat, Batherson, Trocheck, Reinhart, Marchessault, Buchnevich, Tarasenko, Boeser, Meier, Tolvanen, Lafreniere, Barbashev, Teravainen.

Heiskanen, Theodore, Chabot, Chychrun, Sanheim, Weegar, Burns, Sergachev (IR).

Saros, Skinner.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Boeser predictions

I like his chances this year. If he can play 75 games or more, he can put up 60 playing on PP1 and with great linemates. He has been through a lot the past few seasons but it sounds like he is more at peace now with family stuff and trade talks seemingly behind him.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I feel like he's one of those guys who until he's in his late 20s the expectations will outpace the actuality. Then suddenly everyone will realize he is what he is, which, in the case of Boeser, is a good but not great forward who is a decent bet each season for 25/25 production with a chance at 30/30+ if things go really well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

I think health willing he's going to make a big statement this year. I could see 65 to 70 points and him finally cracking 30 goals. The pandemic shorten season seen him pace for 71 points and pace for 34 goals. I see that as his potential and a reasonable expectation. With that being said he needs to prove it. So if I am drafting him, I am drafting him as a 65 point 30 goal guy.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    So if I am drafting him, I am drafting him as a 65 point 30 goal guy.
    If you do that, prepare to be disappointed. Plus, although he plays for a higher profile team you should not have to draft him with that production level factored in. He's a guy who I'd keep in the back of my mind and if I start seeing guys with only 55 point upside being taken I grab him. But I'm not looking to him for 30g, 65 pts, as that's pretty close to a realistically best case scenario.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    If you do that, prepare to be disappointed. Plus, although he plays for a higher profile team you should not have to draft him with that production level factored in. He's a guy who I'd keep in the back of my mind and if I start seeing guys with only 55 point upside being taken I grab him. But I'm not looking to him for 30g, 65 pts, as that's pretty close to a realistically best case scenario.
    The only year he paced for less then 55 points was 2021 where he paced for 53 points and 27 goals. Last year he paced for 61 points, and every other season he has paced for over 65 points, with three of those seasons he was pacing for over 30 goals as well.

I don't think the Brockstar will be anywhere near as good as his rookie season had him looking. But I do think he has 70 point, 35 goal upside. His big issues have been A Health and B personal. I guess I am closer to it as I watch near every Canucks game but the pandemic shorten season he looked like our best player. The "hype" coming into camp that he's in the best shape of his life (I know cliche) and that he is highly motivated. Early on it's looked that way.

However, I could see you being right that you shouldn't have to pay for his potential. Mind you people do it every year with less proven prospects.

The Great One

His ice time doesn’t have much room to grow. He’s a career 11% shooter and takes about 195 shots a year. That’s 22 goals. There’s isn’t much more there than that. It’s science.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    His ice time doesn’t have much room to grow. He’s a career 11% shooter and takes about 195 shots a game. That’s 22 goals. There’s isn’t much more there than that. It’s science.
    Actually his average pace for shot's is 225 per year and he's a career 12.7% shooter which puts him at a 29 goal pace. Again, not trying to defend Brock, I really don't care what people value him as but I could see a scenario where he surprises this year.

Trust me though if he doesn't I am completely off the Brockstar train.

Dobber Sports Ace

He played a little over 17 minutes a game last season which should easily be increased this season. He has also had some pretty big issues in his personal life and I think people overlook that hockey is a job, and a death of a close family member can effect someone’s drive and performance at work. Mix trade rumors and a couple injuries in there, and decrease in production is kind of expected.

All signs, at least early on, point for a solid year for Boeser.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I have been disappointed by him before so I would temper expectations. I can see him getting about 62 points if he remains healthy and ice time increases. Maybe that total might be a little high.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Expectations were always too high, he was a late 1st rounder, and maybe a reach at that. He isnt a goal scorer anymore, wrist injury ended that. I still think he is and will be a 60 pt player if coach doesnt mess with the lines too much. That is another thing which has hindered him, he hasnt had a line to call home. For me 25 G and 35 A for ~60 pts /yr over 82 games is what to expect. His hockey sense and playmaking is overlooked, but his speed holds him back.

Dobber Sports Genius

Don't look now but Boeser has two tonight and looks great. I know way to early reaction but I think he's going to surprise this year.

Dobber Sports Ace

Make that a hat trick for Boeser…

Dobber Sports Genius

Make that a hatty.

Dobber Sports Ace

4th goal of the game..