Thread: Goalie trade

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Goalie trade

Roster 3C, 3RW, 3LW,4D 1G, 5Bench
    My league points breakdown for goalies:
    W2pts GA -1 SV .10 SO 3

Would you trade
    U-P.Luukkonen + 2 mil dead contract.(clear some Cap)

For

John Gibson 2Mil retained(4.4x4 left in contract)

We can only carry 1 goalie position and I already have Sorokin. It’s always nice to have a good backup to fill out those missed goalie games.

Our salary cap is the same amount as the NHL and we have to keep players for the duration of said contract. I’d have to keep Gibson for 4 years. So will he be any good for 4 years. And will it be worth having him and Sorokin when his cap moves up to 8.5.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Goalie trade

If I understand, you get Gibson for 4 years at 4.4M, and you give them back a crap player at 2M, and also give up UPL? How long is that 2M crap player signed for and who is it?

This comes down to essentially Gibson at 2.4M per year until the crap player's contract ends versus UPL at his 837k salary plus whatever he signs for down the road.

Gibson last 3 years in your format:

UPL last year:

It's a gamble. You're betting on Gibson being traded ( possible) or Anaheim and/or Gibson suddenly stopping sucking (unlikely)

I wouldn't take that. At first I thought you would be getting Gibson with 2M retained off 4.4, since somebody already retained. If they will retain 5M or so, then consider it.

Gibson isn't really worth 2.4M
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Administrator

Oh absolutely not. I'm staying clear of Gibson even with that salary retention.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports All-Star

As it stands today I would not do this since Gibson is sucking it large in ANA. UPL still has a shot at the Buffalo job too.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent