Thread: My goalie options

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default My goalie options

So thanks for the help provided in the past posts I've made.

Here's trying to rank goalies for my picks.

(Name, Average based on Guides I own, Salary)

P. Copley, 47.5pts for 1.5M
    K. Vejmelka, 45 pts for 3.15M
    J. Korpisalo, 49,5 pts for 4M
    S. Montembeault, 40,4 pts for 1M
    A. Hill, 45 pts for 5.6M

And then there's D. Levi who is not always projected as a starter, A. Schmid in the same position, and J. Woll projected to start more than normal because Samsonov is so fragile.

Korpisalo, Levi and Schmid projections are all over the place.

My rankings :

Copley

Korpisalo
    Vejmelka
    Montembeault

Woll
    Schmid
    Hill (not very cost efficient for 0 garanties)

(Levi will probably be drafted sooner than my 11th overall, and as I need a goalie this year, I'm too worried about his status)

Opinions?

Thanks!

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, Korpisalo, Woll
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, Nelson, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Pionk Brannstrom Peru
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Hyman Malkin Lindholm Zucc Giroux Marchmant Hartman Bjorkstrand Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Brink Poulin Perreault Cristall

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: My goalie options

What is the scoring? Everybody other than Levi I am confident will play all or most of the year in the NHL.

Hill is an avoid for me at that price. He's guaranteed the opening night start, and the majority of the workload as long as he plays well enough. Track record is too flimsy.

Korpisalo is your boom/bust guy. He'll either get plenty of starts for a good team, but rates may not be pretty. He could lose the job to Forsberg.

Woll/Schmid are likely getting some starts, but not likely the majority unless there's an injury. I expect them to play reasonably well.

If Levi starts out in the NHL, and gets hot immediately he would be the guy, but you can't know that now. He's trying to do what Copley did last year, but facing tougher competition than Copley did - and that sentence feels odd, but man did Petersen & Quick suck last year.

That brings me to Copley. I think he's a NHL quality goalie, but unsure on his ceiling. It's probably placeholder starter level, but he's again facing subpar competition. I like his value in cap leagues.

Vejmelka should be the starter in Arizona, but how good will the team be?

Montembault is a backup caliber goalie, if that, on a team that isn't great, but he does have a crap goalie in front of him.

Since it looks like your team isn't a contender, I'd lean towards figuring out what you're trying to do with this pick.
    - Pick a goalie to hope to shore up the spot long-term? Not Copley or Montembault.
    - Get some sort of coverage cheap this year? Not Hill or Korpisalo
    - Get most points this year? Not Schmid/Woll/Levi.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sorry, forgot to mention.

2pts = Win
    1 pt = Shutout
    1 pt = OT Loss

I finished 5th last year out of 14, in a tight race for 3rd place (1st and 2nd were way ahead).
    With top 2 teams struggling a lot with the cap, much more than I do, I expect to still be able to be perform well, but clearly not 'a lock' to be top-3. It'll be a fight!

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, Korpisalo, Woll
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, Nelson, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Pionk Brannstrom Peru
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Hyman Malkin Lindholm Zucc Giroux Marchmant Hartman Bjorkstrand Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Brink Poulin Perreault Cristall

Administrator

I'd rather take a spin with Woll or Schmid than spend up on some of the more expensive options.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg