Thread: Draft Done - Tear Me to Shreds

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Draft Done - Tear Me to Shreds

Finished my Draft over the weekend.
    Had the 9th overall pick (Brady Tkachuk, K. Connor, Josi) were my first 3 picks.

I really like my skater mix of grit and scoring (Brady, Jeannott late, Trouba) have some grit.
    My goalies are well, not complete, Thompson, Gustavsson, Elvis (yuck) so work to be done there.

I also have almost perfect forward balance. Which in our league with 3 Util and ESPN giving everyone multiple positions is not a big deal at all, you never have to sit a player due to positionality.
    So, what do you think? move some scoring for G right? ?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Draft Done - Tear Me to Shreds

In h2h, do you even try to compete on volume with your goalies? The skaters seem to have an advantage on most teams in most categories. With 3 goalie starts per week and two goalies that seem to split starts plus Merzlikins, the hole you'd need to trade to climb out of might be insurmountable. You might consider looking to add goalies who emerge over the year and hope they can contribute. You might consider trying to get the minimum goalie starts per week from Gustavsson and Thompson and hope to win the percentage categories. I don't see how you get a competitive goalie stable without neutralizing your skaters to the degree that they become only just above or league average.

Of all the ways to approach things, I agree that pounding skaters and trying to make goalies work later is the right approach. I wouldn't jump to try to even things out yet unless you have evidence that the skaters advantage you may have is so great that you can afford to lose skater power.

Dobber Sports Superstar

People will write it off as a "not sexy" team maybe as far as names but it's going to be a stat stuffer for sure. Really like you defense, only three min start in net so solid enough depth. LW depth also very strong, contender.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Already upgraded my Goalies:

moved Batherson (and Elvis) for V. Vanecek (picked up T. Novak). I expect Batherson to have a solid year and it hurts to lose him but I think that shores up my goaltending in a big way.
    I now have, in my view, 3 1A options on solid defensive teams, which gives me stability.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm really disappointed with you. I hope you feel torn to shreds now.

But seriously, what a letdown. I thought (based on the thread title) that this was an opportunity to really damage your sense of self-worth but I see now that it's just an unconventional ask for honest feedback.

Unfortunately there's not much to disagree on with on your own personal assessment.

But you're still terrible. The worst.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson