Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Waltteri Merela - TBay Sleeper

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Waltteri Merela - TBay Sleeper

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well technically he made 4 statements, or if you want to say "dynasty leagues take notice" is statement you couldn't really define that as a fact or an opinion, it would really be an action item.
    Fair enough. I still agree with him that he was clearly overlooked by many, depending on the size of your league. He definitely should have made the Guide. An oversight I am sure.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    Playing semantics is such a foolproof way to troll people because you're never really objectively wrong.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

I look forward to reading your Fantasy Guide next year Bloodsport, Im sure it'll be perfect.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    I look forward to reading your Fantasy Guide next year Bloodsport, Im sure it'll be perfect.
    Why are you chirping him?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

What a world we live in. Im the problem. The guy comes to Dobbers house and starts criticizing the guide. I highly value the work that Dobber and all of the writers and contributors put into it every year, and Im the problem. I get you dont need readers defending on your behalf, but i also dont want to read this sort of commentary and self bragging. So buddy is on ignore until i read their guide. Just letting them know my way. If that isnt ok, i can read without signing in in the future.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    What a world we live in. Im the problem. The guy comes to Dobbers house and starts criticizing the guide. I highly value the work that Dobber and all of the writers and contributors put into it every year, and Im the problem. I get you dont need readers defending on your behalf, but i also dont want to read this sort of commentary and self bragging. So buddy is on ignore until i read their guide. Just letting them know my way. If that isnt ok, i can read without signing in in the future.
    I never said you were the problem. I'm just questioning your intention. So you take this statement as a criticism?

Nothing in the Dobber Guide.
    Nothing in the Prospects Guide.
    No profile on DobberProspects.

Probably going to make the opening night roster for Tampa Bay.

Dynasty leagues take notice.
    I take that as good information I wasn't familiar with. Maybe constructive criticism for Dobber but that's what I'm seeing. I don't see an issue with it at all. As someone who used to be a Guide writer, I have no issues someone pointing out if I missed something.

The Great One

His second post following shortly on after the first was originally pretty rude. I didn’t quote it but it was the main reason I responded. He later went back and edited it. Constructive criticism it may be but I don’t think you can argue that it’s presented quite poorly.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I never said you were the problem. I'm just questioning your intention. So you take this statement as a criticism?

I take that as good information I wasn't familiar with. Maybe constructive criticism for Dobber but that's what I'm seeing. I don't see an issue with it at all. As someone who used to be a Guide writer, I have no issues someone pointing out if I missed something.
    nothing wrong with pointing it out that player may need to be added etc...but there are many many prospects that are not covered...every team has tons of them and only prospects close to NHL or those with most promise are covered. From time to time player comes to camp and out of nowhere stands out..that is not Dobber's fault. Its huge kudos on the player's part.

If that guide covered every prospect on the planet, we still would be reading the one that came out in June:P
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    nothing wrong with pointing it out that player may need to be added etc...but there are many many prospects that are not covered...every team has tons of them and only prospects close to NHL or those with most promise are covered. From time to time player comes to camp and out of nowhere stands out..that is not Dobber's fault. Its huge kudos on the player's part.

If that guide covered every prospect on the planet, we still would be reading the one that came out in June:P
    Yes, but he's actually playing NHL games, versus a prospect who isn't. I don't know about you, but I wasn't aware of him before this thread. Whether you like the approach of the OP or not, the intent was to bring light to a player a lot probably weren't aware of and in that regard, I consider it a success.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yes, but he's actually playing NHL games, versus a prospect who isn't. I don't know about you, but I wasn't aware of him before this thread. Whether you like the approach of the OP or not, the intent was to bring light to a player a lot probably weren't aware of and in that regard, I consider it a success.
    that is exactly what i mean, he should be added now but when Dobber wrote the guide in the spring, he was not on anybody's radar. Now he is cuase he had good camp and now we know about him.

And yes, im in same boat as you , i had no clue and i do know my prospects quite well. My point is that every now and then this will happen and nobody is to blame for it....it just happens.

What important is that this young man came from nowhere to grab NHL job and hopefully changing his life....probably even he didnt think its possible few months ago...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    that is exactly what i mean, he should be added now but when Dobber wrote the guide in the spring, he was not on anybody's radar. Now he is cuase he had good camp and now we know about him.

And yes, im in same boat as you , i had no clue and i do know my prospects quite well. My point is that every now and then this will happen and nobody is to blame for it....it just happens.

What important is that this young man came from nowhere to grab NHL job and hopefully changing his life....probably even he didnt think its possible few months ago...
    There are regular updates to the Guide all the time. That's one of the things that make it so good.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for taking over Axe.

As for everyone else - Dobber is a big boy, he can handle himself. Dobber is also a realistic perfectionist, so yeah, let’s not pretend that he didn’t absolutely wishes he was able to get the scoop for us all. When he can’t, the forum is the perfect resource to do it for him. Mission accomplished. That was the whole reason Dobber started the forums - to have this humongous resource of knowledge. If you aren’t in a dynasty league with 2000+ players, this post wasn’t for you. My original post made that clear.

As far as me, there is probably nobody on this site that has been more loyal to Dobber and all his work than me. I’m his biggest supporter and he is aware.

Should players with an NHL Certainty of 2.0 be in DobberProspects, yup, but this guy shouldn’t have been missed and/or been added much earlier. Insert Dobbers famous line here.

Be safe today everyone. Cheers.
    B2B Champ. Dynasty Pot Winner - only champ the league has ever had.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors:
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~Rousek~ Posposil~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov