Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I take Panarin here or one of the others.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Should I take Panarin here or one of the others.

Panarin didn't practice Tues or Wednesday but did practice in a regular jersey yesterday. He is projected 17th leading scorer of forwards this year at 91 points.
    It's just a 3 round draft. We each draft 2 F, 12 teams, so 24 forwards drafted. At this point, 22 forwards have been drafted. He seems like a steal to me at this point if I get him at 23rd of 24. Is this injury a concern.
    I favour Panarin but others still available (with rank behind name) are: Gaudreau and Connor 93, Keller 90, Zibby and Brady 86, Miller 85.
    (EDIT: Sorry, 1 year league, Points are G-1 A-1)
    Would you take Panarin here or one of the others. Thanks, appreciate any replies.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Administrator

Default Re: Should I take Panarin here or one of the others.

Don't get dragged by the training camp panic news. Panarin's your top projected forward and is indeed a great value at this pick.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

On paper he's probably the right pick
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Panarin is the right choice.

And keep in mind, a projection is only that--and 91 points seems stupid low and is missing the bigger picture.

Panarin averaged 110 points the 3 seasons prior--and it only dipped to a 92 point pace last year while the Rangers had some bigger system issues going on.
    Laviolette is the new coach, and his style should favour panarin and offense.

Panarin has a great chance to get back to 100+ points, which is not something any of those other players will do.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    Panarin is the right choice.

And keep in mind, a projection is only that--and 91 points seems stupid low and is missing the bigger picture.

Panarin averaged 110 points the 3 seasons prior--and it only dipped to a 92 point pace last year while the Rangers had some bigger system issues going on.
    Laviolette is the new coach, and his style should favour panarin and offense.

Panarin has a great chance to get back to 100+ points, which is not something any of those other players will do.

Panarin has never scored over 100 points.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    .............Maybe this year
    He is projected by "Dobber Draft List" for 91 points which is what I'm hoping for here.
    As I saisd in my OP..."I favour Panarin" but others still available (with rank behind name) are: Gaudreau and Connor 93, Keller 90, Zibby and Brady 86, Miller 85.
    (EDIT: Sorry, 1 year league, Points are G-1 A-1)
    LuigiC172...would you take Panarin here or one of the others? Thanks..
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    There was the covid-shortened season and the other two seasons he missed a handful of games, but in all three seasons he paced for well over 100 (113, 113, 105).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    There was the covid-shortened season and the other two seasons he missed a handful of games, but in all three seasons he paced for well over 100 (113, 113, 105).
    paced and scored are not close to the same

i would take Brady here … Ottawa is poised for great season and so is he
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    paced and scored are not close to the same

i would take Brady here … Ottawa is poised for great season and so is he
    In points only, you are taking brady over panarin....?

Paced and scored are very similar, since unless a guy is a bandaid you can't really predict injuries year by year (panarin isn't a bandaid).

Not to mention even if you deeply believe that paced and scored are different, even with the missed time panarin has consistently put up mid-90s seasons. Tkachuk hasn't even broken 84 despite an insane PPTOI last year.
    This is like taking a Bedard over a McDavid because of the "what if".

Dobber Sports Genius

I am taking Panarin out of that list
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not the same for me…

and yes I’m taking Brady in points only… I don’t think Panarin will reach or pace to 100 again at his age and Brady still has ton of upside I have him at 93 points this year and stutzle at 102
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Not the same for me…

and yes I’m taking Brady in points only… I don’t think Panarin will reach or pace to 100 again at his age and Brady still has ton of upside I have him at 93 points this year and stutzle at 102
    The issue with projecting Brady to score a ton is he's just not that great on the PP. In fact, given how stacked the Sens are he could easily land on PP2 if he remains a drag on PP production.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Not the same for me…

At his age? He’s not even 32 yet.

Given his playing style, if he stays overall healthy (no hip issues like Patty Kane) I can see him continuing to be highly productive throughout his contract, which runs through 2025/26.

I will note that lots of the well-known forecasts have him in the mid 90s, and Dobber I think 92.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

I can't find a good reason to reach on the breakout of Brady versus the proven quality of Panarin. Whomever you don't pick will likely be selected by everyone else in the draft lists that will follow this 3 round draft. No one is passing over on Panarin and his proven talent on those lists. Maybe Tkachuk gets passed over, but even then probably not.

Even if you are really bullish on Tkachuk the likelihood and range of outcomes for him is still less than that of Panarin. Panarin's floor is probably the 83 points that Tkachuk just made his career high and his ceiling is above 100 points. No sense in outsmarting yourself here. Take Panarin off the board.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

metaldude26. Like is said in my OP..."I favour Panarin". The draft is over and Panarin is now locked into my lineup which is looking pretty good. You're right, there is a very high probability the guys I listed in OP (Gaudreau and Connor 93, Keller 90, Zibby and Brady 86, Miller 85) will end up in the 17 F I need to round out my squad. Many other teams will likely put them in their 17 as well.
    BTW...I've checked several times over the years and my team and the teams nearest me in the standings usually have 8-9 different players as we get further into the season. You'd think it would be a bit closer but this is where team and player loyalty come into play. Guys will pick lower producing Leafs, Jets, Devils when there are better players available on other teams.
    Thanks for your help again.