Thread: Heiskanen vs. Bouchard

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Heiskanen vs. Bouchard

Which would you prefer? I don't have either, I'm looking to target one in a trade and the OGM has both. He's also carrying Q Hughes, and three rookies (Jiricek, Nemec, Zellweger). I was going to offer Svechnikov but he's so tight I'd have to add a small sweetener. Svechnikov (120) didn't produce as much but he played 62 games. Heiskanen (151) produced at a similar rate last year, in terms of our league's stats. Hughes (144) too. Bouchard (99) was well behind but rising.

Heiskanen was insane last year, usually he's in the (80) range, so I was leaning Bouchard but wanted the Forum's opinion.

Thanks in advance!
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Heiskanen vs. Bouchard

Have you even asked if he's willing to part with either of them? I'd be happy with either guy for Svechnikov seeing as the peripherals in your league hold little weight.

I'd reach out and ask if he's willing to part with either of them and if a deal could be worked out around Svechnikov.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Bouchard is the shiny new toy, which probably lead to a higher price, which is interesting since Heiskanen was actually even hotter at the end of last season and more proven. Both would be a fine upgrade from Svech in this league though.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

I'd simply ask the opposing GM if he's willing to move any of those guys and what he is interested in. That would help you set the table for a good opening offer or if it's something even worth trying. It doesn't matter what's fair or reasonable to anyone but this other owner.

As for Heiskanen vastly outperforming his usual numbers. He did finally get time on PP1 and exploded as you'd expect. Maybe a near doubling of his typical production won't be the new normal but as long as he's on PP1 in Dallas he's not going to be 80 FP guy in your league. I'd expect a similar type doubling for Bouchard now that he's on Edmonton's PP1.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Agree with the above posts, ask him who is available. I’d trade Svech and a sweetener for either Bouchard or Heiskanen, if one has a higher price tag go for the cheaper one. If he’s willing to trade either just pick which one you like better. They are in the same tier to me, comes down to personal preference.

Dobber Sports Star

In a league where you can keep players forever, I'd lean Heiskanen. He's the king in Dallas with a long-term contract in hand. Bouchard's contract is for two years, and then who knows where he will be. If the Oilers can't make salary room for him (and if he plays like he did for the last 30 games last year, he'll get a double-digit AAV number), then he'll almost certainly be less productive than Heiskanen.

Dobber Sports Icon

Heiskanen for me otherwise I would personally keep Svechnilov
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As others said, see whom he's willing to move, if he wants to diversify from holding so many D.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He knows he's carrying too many D but wants to see how this season goes before deciding who to trade. Thanks for the input! I think Svechnikov can hit (150) points in our league but he has to stay healthy. I'm carrying 3 Hurricanes and think that none will hit their true potential with the offence being spread around so much, which is why I'm looking to divest slightly.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Both are great. For pts and peripherals I would go with Miro.

If Goals have bonus pts then Bouchard.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen....Bobrovsky
    D: Fox....Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovi ch....Zellweger....Toews....Ekholm

F: Eichel....Caufield....J Robertson....W Nylander....Kucherov
    Eklund....W Johnston....Peterka....Fiala....Bratt

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th