Thread: TJ Hensick

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default TJ Hensick

I had couple of questions re. TJ Hensick;

1- Is this player a possible bust?
    2- How far from the NHL and once there, how long before he could put interesting fantasy numbers?
    3- In Dobber\'s fantasy prospect report, how could you explain the ranking discrepancy between Bugg and Dobber? I really respect both expert\'s opinion but that confuses me on what to make out of it. Dobber ranked him 21st and Bugg 4th. That is a discrepancy that I don\'t understand.

Thank you Dobbs and Bugg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:TJ Hensick

I don\'t think Hensick will be a bust but I don\'t think he will have great fantasy value except in very deep leagues where a 40-60 point player is valuable. If Hensick remains at centre he will also be looking at very little opportunity at playing on the first line with Paul Stastny also in Colorado. I see Hensick as a solid two-way player with some offensive ability...i.e. Smolinski.
    My pool
    Goals = 1 point, Assists = 1/2 point, Goals Against = -1/2 point

Fowards: S. Stamkos, J. Neal, M. Moulson, M. Read, N. Foligno, B. Wheeler, L. Stempniak, J. Pavelski, B. Flynn, S. Bernier

D-men: S. Weber, PK Subban, D. Phaneuf, J. Carlson, TJ Brodie, B. Smith, M. Irwin, B. Dillon, K. Cumiskey,

Goalies: Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis

Farm: T. Rattie, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, J. Zucker, J. Akeson, M. Sgarbossa, A. Yogan, M. St. Croix, M. Friberg, E. Gelinas, A. Ness, J. Muzzin, MA Bourdon, S. Harrington, R. Smith, C. Emmerton, M. Mayorov, I. Makarov, P. Maroon

Dobber Sports Pro

digitalmonkey wrote:
    I don\'t think Hensick will be a bust but I don\'t think he will have great fantasy value except in very deep leagues where a 40-60 point player is valuable. If Hensick remains at centre he will also be looking at very little opportunity at playing on the first line with Paul Stastny also in Colorado. I see Hensick as a solid two-way player with some offensive ability...i.e. Smolinski.
    I agree a little, although I think that he\'ll shift to the right and he\'ll fit into a role where he consistently posts 55-65 points a season. Nothing exceptional, but nothing to scoff at.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The difference in ranking is a result of where each of us thought he\'d be playing, or rather, the role in which he\'d be used. I felt Hensick had the inside track on a top-six job, which immediately translates into fantasy value. I don\'t feel Hensick is a 55+ point guy on just any roster, but if he were to have lined up on Stastny\'s right side, and had Sakic with him on the PP, well, I can\'t think of a lot of guys who wouldn\'t produce in that situation.

Keep in mind that these rankings were made before free agency, and the Avs obviously made some major changes both up front and on the back end. Hensick\'s Calder hopes all but died with those signings.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mrbugg wrote:
    The difference in ranking is a result of where each of us thought he\'d be playing, or rather, the role in which he\'d be used. I felt Hensick had the inside track on a top-six job, which immediately translates into fantasy value. I don\'t feel Hensick is a 55+ point guy on just any roster, but if he were to have lined up on Stastny\'s right side, and had Sakic with him on the PP, well, I can\'t think of a lot of guys who wouldn\'t produce in that situation.

Keep in mind that these rankings were made before free agency, and the Avs obviously made some major changes both up front and on the back end. Hensick\'s Calder hopes all but died with those signings.
    Hi Bugg,

It would be INVALUABLE if you can send us a re-vised top 40 list. I\'m sure your opinions on some players have changed. Can you you do this?

Dobber Sports Rookie

I agree....at the very least send an updated prospect top forty pick along with Dobber on the Sept re-release of the fantasy pool guide. Very valuable info for those that buy the guide and are already in deep keeper leagues.