Thread: please choose 1 of 5 high scoring dmen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default please choose 1 of 5 high scoring dmen

e. karlsson

hughes

dahlin

fox

josi

Hey guys. Scoring...G-1pt A-1pt. That's it. Have the Draft coming up. Which 1 of these would you want in a 1 year pool. They are all pretty great. Thanks.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: please choose 1 of 5 high scoring dmen

Josi or fox i would only lean towards Josi as he probably gives you more balance. as he will score more goals

Dobber Sports Deity

Fox for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

My order is:
    Fox, Dahlin, Josi, Karlsson, Hughes.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

This kills me to say but Josi might be my lowest ranked of this set. Dahlin or Hughes is where I land as the top option, with 75+ potential. Fox I expect in that 70-75 range. Karlsson I could see anywhere from 65-95, but more likely in the lower half of that. Josi's now 33, with Tyson Barrie to shelter offensively on the team, and I think he may get to 70 but the upside for going past that isn't as likely as the others.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I’d take Dahlin, but can’t go wrong with Fox or Hughes either

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am going with Fox for this year.

Administrator

Fox is the most consistent, you've seen my projection for him. He's my #2 for points behind Makar.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Overwhelmingly Fox so far. Not much love for Karlsson who is projected #1 points getter on Dobber Draft List
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Administrator

You've also got to consider that while Karlsson has IMMENSE upside (he scored 100 freaking points last season) he is also a massive injury risk and in a pool like this there is a lot of value in consistency, which Fox offers.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

It depends on your risk appetite and where these D fall in the draft. The hardest to predict is Karlsson. I feel this year he's the only one out of the bunch with realistic 90 point upside, but also he could be mid 60's and come's with injury risks.

I feel Fox, Dahlin and Hughes will all be 70 to 80 points. I think Fox and Hughes are slightly safer than Dahlin due to track record. In theory Buffalo could continue to rise but they could also take a step back. Again, Dahlin would be the riskiest, with perhaps the highest upside of three.

Finally, I have Josi last. I know he’s only two seasons removed of being over 90 points but with the forwards Nashville has, I don’t see how he does that again and might struggle to hit 70 points.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Fox is safest, Dahlin has huge home run potential though and not much worse downside
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks very much guys. Took Fox. Appreciate you sharing your thoughts.